Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-22-2012, 01:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostie86 (View Post)
Funny how Jack manages to keep his shirt on.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I be added?

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Adding here too!
Old 05-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownsE (View Post)
It looks like he was trying to protect his friends the only way he knew how.
I do think Sayid had already sort of written off his own chances at redemption, and did what he did thinking that if someone had to damn themselves with such an action, for the sake of everyone's future, it had to be him.

Still, I wonder how the writers perceived Sayid's development because as I said, usually children and animals are what you never have your "heroes" touch. And in the end, the show stated that Sayid was still a good person, someone who had earned their redemption.
What I'm trying to say (and most likely failing at it, sorry about the babbling) is that perhaps they weren't aware of just far they were going with some of the things they wrote for him - when he shot Ben, and I thought back about Season 4 and that "the day I trust him (Ben) is the day I will have sold my soul" line, all of that coupled with the "doomed resurrection" plot, made me wonder if they weren't sending him to a path of no return.
In the end I felt about Sayid a bit like I did concerning Claire: I wish the writers had cared to focus more on their coming back from the "darkness", instead of cramming so much in the last couple of episodes.

Switching the subject from Sayid to Naveen - they finally released a proper (1 minute long) promo for Sinbad :

'Sinbad': Watch a trailer for Sky1's new drama - video - TV News - Digital Spy
Old 05-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the promo Fran And yeah I really think they should of focused more on Sayid especially in the last season, I understand they didn't have much time to fit everything in but it would have been nice to see him go on his way to redemption. Obviously him sacrificing himself must of been that but there was no lead up to it ...
Old 05-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

thanks for the link!
Old 05-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the lightning (View Post)
Adding here too!
Thanks Courtney

Old 05-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 05-28-2012, 02:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
I do think Sayid had already sort of written off his own chances at redemption, and did what he did thinking that if someone had to damn themselves with such an action, for the sake of everyone's future, it had to be him.

Still, I wonder how the writers perceived Sayid's development because as I said, usually children and animals are what you never have your "heroes" touch. And in the end, the show stated that Sayid was still a good person, someone who had earned their redemption.
What I'm trying to say (and most likely failing at it, sorry about the babbling) is that perhaps they weren't aware of just far they were going with some of the things they wrote for him - when he shot Ben, and I thought back about Season 4 and that "the day I trust him (Ben) is the day I will have sold my soul" line, all of that coupled with the "doomed resurrection" plot, made me wonder if they weren't sending him to a path of no return.
In the end I felt about Sayid a bit like I did concerning Claire: I wish the writers had cared to focus more on their coming back from the "darkness", instead of cramming so much in the last couple of episodes.

Switching the subject from Sayid to Naveen - they finally released a proper (1 minute long) promo for Sinbad :

'Sinbad': Watch a trailer for Sky1's new drama - video - TV News - Digital Spy
Love the promo! I hope we get to watch it here in the States. Thank you!

As far as Sayid, I noticed that his character seemed to be the one to take on the sins of the others to protect them. After all, when Jack thought Sawywer had Shannon's inhaler, what was he going to do to him? Sayid kept Jack clean.
The writer's should have had more time but they didn't. I also think the strike hurt in the long run since there was a lot of make up to do.
Shooting Ben, seemed more like an act of desperation. It did show how much Sayid cared for everyone else and what he would do for them. If he thought he was beyond redemption then leaving the island was no longer an option and saving his friends was all that was left, even if it meant his own death, and condemnation. I still think he wasn't really possessed by MIB, just very much aware of how bad things were, and that he was going to have to do some desperate things to save everyone. When he was an assassin he was unemotional then too. This time he may have been frightened.
In the 70's scenario, if he hadn't been alone, another way could have been found. But it seemed Sayid was abandoned.
A test of how far everyone would go and therefore needing to sacrifice to make everything good.
Speaking of Jack, he refused to help Ben. He was adamant about that. That wasn't like him. Of course it bit him later when Sayid was shot the same way and Jack couldn't help him.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm super excited for Naveen's new show! It looks exciting and wow, he looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownsE (View Post)
As far as Sayid, I noticed that his character seemed to be the one to take on the sins of the others to protect them. After all, when Jack thought Sawywer had Shannon's inhaler, what was he going to do to him? Sayid kept Jack clean.
I always thought Sayid was sweet for that. He didn't really believe in any kind of redemption for himself so he just stepped forward and didn't want anyone else be in the same situation as him.

Old 05-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

He really thought he was a terrible person
Old 05-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

He did It's so sad because he really wasn't a bad person. He just done some bad things but inside he had such a good heart.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

He had an amazing heart, he wasn't as terrible as he thought. Not even close
Old 05-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

He really wasn't....he had one of the biggest hearts ever If he was as bad as he thought he was, he wouldn't have felt so guilty about everything he had done.