Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally88 (View Post)
I read some theories that say that the writers didn't know if Suliet was going to be loved or hated so they decided to put some Skater moments to leave a window open just in case.. But then they saw how Juliet's death was devasting for the fans and how we loved Suliet and they decided to bring her back this season and to add the ring scene

actually,they called liz mitchell back after the overwhelming fan response for La Fleur as stated by her a few months ago! she already knew that she's going to be killed off yet after la fleur aired,the producers told her about their plans for her role/appearances in season 6!

welcome hana! glad you change your mind and became a sulieter!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Elite Fan

Aww Hala, season 5 was great, wasn't it? You're one of those people who jumped from Skate to Suliet. I completely understand you 'cause i didn't even want S/J to happen but with LaFleur i fell in love with them! I just couldn't help it. And no worries, your English is just fine!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:46 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally88 (View Post)
Hi girls.. I was talking with a friend of mine who just saw season 5 finale. She loves Juliet and James but she said she doesn't understand why Sawyer looked at Kate during Bernard speech. Honeslty I still don't have an answer to that.. I hate that moment.. I want to think he was so confused and overwhelmed by his past that when he finally realized that Juliet was this true love it was already too late..

What do you think?
(I'm going to preface by saying that I'm not anti-Sawyer/Kate. I just prefer Sawyer/Juliet).

Honestly, I think that it was mostly done because they needed a reason for Juliet to side with Jack. They've stated repeatedly that Sawyer's actions in season 6 are driven by Juliet's death. So, if that's the case, they needed her to die in The Incident. I find it really frustrating because it seems like a moment that's driven more by narrative necessity than by character.

THAT SAID, I do think Sawyer felt conflicted during that scene and that he had some unresolved feelings for Kate that surfaced there. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I see the Sawyer/Kate relationship as like the first love relationship that everyone has at some point. Like it was so intense and so unlike anything he’d ever experienced before that there will always be feelings there, even if he’s moved on and fallen in love with someone else (Juliet). But that doesn’t mean that he should go back to that first relationship (with Kate) or break off the current one (with Juliet), just that there will always be feelings there because it really did affect him and how he related to people.

HOWEVER, going back to my first point, I think that it was from Juliet's perspective, mostly to show her insecurities, which in turn led to her telling Sawyer they were never meant to be together, which in turn led to her helping Jack with the bomb. All so that they could set-up Sawyer's motivations in season 6 as they relate to losing Juliet.

And I don't think that one 3-second look trumps a solid three-year relationship. Sorry if that was kind of tl;dr--I just have a lot of feelings about this particular topic
Old 03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayloriffic (View Post)
(I'm going to preface by saying that I'm not anti-Sawyer/Kate. I just prefer Sawyer/Juliet).

Honestly, I think that it was mostly done because they needed a reason for Juliet to side with Jack. They've stated repeatedly that Sawyer's actions in season 6 are driven by Juliet's death. So, if that's the case, they needed her to die in The Incident. I find it really frustrating because it seems like a moment that's driven more by narrative necessity than by character.

THAT SAID, I do think Sawyer felt conflicted during that scene and that he had some unresolved feelings for Kate that surfaced there. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I see the Sawyer/Kate relationship as like the first love relationship that everyone has at some point. Like it was so intense and so unlike anything he’d ever experienced before that there will always be feelings there, even if he’s moved on and fallen in love with someone else (Juliet). But that doesn’t mean that he should go back to that first relationship (with Kate) or break off the current one (with Juliet), just that there will always be feelings there because it really did affect him and how he related to people.

HOWEVER, going back to my first point, I think that it was from Juliet's perspective, mostly to show her insecurities, which in turn led to her telling Sawyer they were never meant to be together, which in turn led to her helping Jack with the bomb. All so that they could set-up Sawyer's motivations in season 6 as they relate to losing Juliet.

And I don't think that one 3-second look trumps a solid three-year relationship. Sorry if that was kind of tl;dr--I just have a lot of feelings about this particular topic
yeah! i totally agree with you! I called it sawyer's "dead star" moment!lol!
Old 03-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

I think that next week we are going to see a lot about James feelings for Juliet and his past relationship with Kate.. I hope it will turn out good for us.. but i'm optimistic.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayloriffic (View Post)

Yeah I agree. It was more about Juliet's inscurities than anything else. I always enjoy reading your thoughts. You have lots of great insight
Old 03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
New Fan

thanx guys

but i have a big problem .i can not stand jack
every body says jack is amazing in S6 so i have to deal with it
Old 03-11-2010, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I don't think that one 3-second look trumps a solid three-year relationship.
Yes, exactly. They've been together for three years and they've been loving each other so much.

Hana, really? He's amazing in S6, he really is. Try him!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Yeah Hana give him a chance.. Lots of my friends couldn't stand him but they are loving him this season!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Montgomery (View Post)
Yes, exactly. They've been together for three years and they've been loving each other so much.

Hana, really? He's amazing in S6, he really is. Try him!

for a guy like a sawyer to maintain a long term relatiinship,that is a big deal! and I believe juliet helped a lot in his character's evolution to be the best that he can be!

and hana! jack really rocks this season-- give him a chance!
Old 03-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Master Fan

I never actually thought of Sawyer as in love with Kate. He slept with Ana Lucia while he was kind of with Kate and when he told Kate he loved her and she never responded, he didn't give a crap. A man as hard and distant as Sawyer was... finally having it in him to say "i love you" to someone and not hear it back... he would do something about it if he actually cared, but he didn't. I think he regreted saying it as soon as the words left his mouth. "I love you." *Kate puts her head down in response.* "Ah well" and Sawyer was fine.

No, that's not love. He was in lust with her and that's as far as I've ever seen it go.
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 03-11-2010, 04:15 PM
New Fan

ok i try but i fail i know

i go to bed here is already midnight
bye
Old 03-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

Maisie, i totally agree with you. Sawyer is not that kind of guy, the one who is capable of mantaining a long term relationship. Juliet changed him and thanks to her he became a better man. He finally understood what being truly madly deeply in love meant and he found the love of his life.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison Montgomery (View Post)
Sawyer is not that kind of guy, the one who is capable of mantaining a long term relationship. Juliet changed him and thanks to her he became a better man. He finally understood what being truly madly deeply in love meant and he found the love of his life.
I totally agree He became someone he was actually proud of. for the first time since he was a little boy he had a home.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
for the first time since he was a little boy he had a home.
This is so true! He found his way with Juliet. <3