Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-02-2007, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Katie- (View Post)
Hee. Darbi, very true. I wish I was smart enough to see past her exterior in the first 6.

What do you mean?
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 08-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

I wasn't a big fan of hers in the first six episodes, it wasn't until NiP when I truly appreciated whereas you guys were smart and liked her from the beginning.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbi (View Post)
Here's what sealed it for me regarding Juliet's character.

First episode: She knocks Jack out cold, and tasers Sawyer, taking him to the ground, tharwting his attempt to escape. Talk about a keeper, and the beginning of my shameless girl crush on her.
Precisely. I've never seen a woman handle Jack like that. I was impressed.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Katie- (View Post)
I wasn't a big fan of hers in the first six episodes, it wasn't until NiP when I truly appreciated whereas you guys were smart and liked her from the beginning.
I think that was how the majority felt about her at first. I mean, she was very ambiguous, and her motivations were very unclear (and yeah she was a bitch in those first six episodes). I think NIP changed a lot of people's minds about her.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Juliet? A bitch in the mini-arc? You guys take that back! Okay, so she was a little devious and mistrustful, but not a bitch! She's lovely.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

Much as I loved her, her tasing Sawyer and her emotional beatdown on Jack was on the bitchy side. But she had her good moments too. I'm just glad the writers gave her many layers, it makes her one of the most interesting characters on the show.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

She's certainly the most compelling female character on the show. Along with Sun. I want to see more scenes between them.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz01 (View Post)
Much as I loved her, her tasing Sawyer and her emotional beatdown on Jack was on the bitchy side. But she had her good moments too. I'm just glad the writers gave her many layers, it makes her one of the most interesting characters on the show.

Huh...interesting.

I guess I just saw Juliet doing a job. What she was being asked to do. Nothing more, nothing less. I certainly didn't see her double cross on Benry coming when she brought that video in to Jack.

I didn't think much about her tasing Sawyer, but the emotional breakdown on Jack was priceless. It was beautiful thing to see Jack in that surrounding, and I say that with no malice towards Jack, it was just time he released whatever it was that he'd been holding in regarding Sarah, and his guilt behind what he drove Christian to fall off the wagon.

Of course, all of that was punctuated by her non-reaction to Benry when he told her, "Good job, Juliet."
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...

Last edited by Darbi; 08-04-2007 at 02:48 PM
Old 08-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. It's not like she had much of a choice in the matter. Heck, she's not even on that island by rational choice. Ben was in control of everything.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
I agree. It's not like she had much of a choice in the matter. Heck, she's not even on that island by rational choice. Ben was in control of everything.

Not by rational choice anymore. I think, even after being forced to stay longer than she was told she'd be on the island, Juliet was still interested in reversing whatever problems the 'Others' were having at reproducing. Of course, three years and a slew of lies later from Benry, she's just wants to get off that island.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

And who wouldn't. She promised her sister she'd be back for the birth of her child and was kept longer than she intended. Ben did her so dirty, the little brute.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And who wouldn't. She promised her sister she'd be back for the birth of her child and was kept longer than she intended. Ben did her so dirty, the little brute.

That's one description. Bug eyed bastard comes to mind too.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darbi (View Post)
That's one description. Bug eyed bastard comes to mind too.
Gotta love Sawyer. But I like Ben. I can't help myself. He's so deliciously creepy and intriguing. Not to mention impeccably mannered.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Gotta love Sawyer. But I like Ben. I can't help myself. He's so deliciously creepy and intriguing. Not to mention impeccably mannered.

Isn't he?

I mean, I guess if I was going to be trapped on an island with a crazed man, I'd want him to be as well-mannered as he comes across.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Seriously. It's like, he knows you know he's got nothing but the worst intentions, but he'll still be as polite as possible to get you on his side.