Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-29-2008, 08:49 PM
Extreme Fan

i agree, he does have an important role.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Master Fan

I was hella confused with this episode, I have the dvr so I rewind the epi a couple of times, the future then past. Think I still am a bit confused I was not really a fan of Desmond until the epi with Charlie sacrificing himself. I love the way Des says brotha, just glad he is ok, it was cool to get some of his history.

Sayid does rock indeed, gotta agree there
Old 03-01-2008, 03:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Best episode so far
I agree with everyone about Penny/Des = true love
I love Daniel more and more. His hair in the past , but still cute as hell
I was confused when on the phone with Des, Penny told him that she knows about the island. But when she was talking with Charlie, she was clueless about it
Old 03-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was confused when on the phone with Des, Penny told him that she knows about the island. But when she was talking with Charlie, she was clueless about it
She was clueless about the boat that Charlie was talking about. Not sure about the island.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

I can't stop thinking about :

Des/Penny = true love
Old 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Extreme Fan

she didn't seem suprised when he mentions that he was on the island. so it does seem like she already knew that.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the O6 will need Penny's help to return to the island.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Addicted Fan

Finally got to come to this page.

First off, why is Alan Dale always the rich, bad guy? First Caleb Nichol, then Bradford Meade, now Charles Widmore. It's like he's stuck in that role. I definitely do believe that Caleb, I mean Charles Widmore might possibly be "The Economist". If not he's definitely supplying/financing this person.

I loved Desmond this episode and I'm really happy that the writers of Lost gave us a different version of time travel. That it was not Desmond's body but rather his mind that jumped back and forth was interesting.

I loved that Penny was his constant and it made me think about how a lot fo the other Losties would be a little SOL if that happened to them. I also loved that Penny got it and that she didn't change her number even though at the time, I'm sure she was pissed at Desmond.

I really like Daniel and I'm wondering if that shocked look on his face from his flashback when he found out about 815, is related to the fact that he knows (from meeting Desmond) that he's going to end up on an island and that the passengers aren't dead.

ETA: Minkowski told Desmond that they were under strict orders not to answer the calls from Penelope on the freighter. It's quite possible that Widmore sent the freighter people to the island and he's also trying to keep Penny from getting in touch with Desmond.

I can't wait to see what happens next. The writers are really hitting us with their best stuff right now and nothing is filler.

Last edited by MethodicWays; 03-01-2008 at 03:36 PM
Old 03-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodicWays (View Post)
I loved Desmond this episode and I'm really happy that the writers of Lost gave us a different version of time travel. That it was not Desmond's body but rather his mind that jumped back and forth was interesting.
ITA. I really like the idea of switching consciousness better than literal time travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodicWays (View Post)
ETA: Minkowski told Desmond that they were under strict orders not to answer the calls from Penelope on the freighter. It's quite possible that Widmore sent the freighter people to the island and he's also trying to keep Penny from getting in touch with Desmond.
Good point!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

How convenient was the static over the phone when Penny started talking about the island and her research? I swear I hate this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash_lost (View Post)
ITA. I really like the idea of switching consciousness better than literal time travel.
Ditto.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Addicted Fan

I mean both still create the same time-travel paradoxes (like whether or not Desmond changed the past) but there's not that whole Back to the Future, I can't run into my past self silliness.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Ali
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Firefly (View Post)
Me too!
& I agree

I felt like we finally got some answers in this episode, but once again are left with so much more to ponder. My forty-something, really smart uncle is even scratching his head in confusion after all that lol.

This was definitely the best episode of the season so far. I've always loved Desmond and the actor that plays him is amazing. I agree with those of you who said that Des and Penny's love story is the true one of this show... at least until we get some resolution with the core love triangle. With the whole Jack/Kate/Sawyer saga we are left with nothing but questions as to where Kate's heart is. Des and Penny have been apart for years and when she answered the phone, I knew she was still in love with him. It's just so beautiful. They are a couple on Lost that I can really get invested in.
Dawson's Creek board!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Wonderful episode! Wow. As an aspiring screenwriter, Damon and Carlton have truly revolutionized this art wonderfully.

But, can someone please explain the ending? Daniel wants Desmond to be his constant? he knew from the past that this was going to happen?

I'm utterly shocked. Can someone please clarify the end for me?

I'd be ever so thankful!

Syd&Vaughn Buffy&Spike Lee&Kara Michael&Maria
Old 03-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Extreme Fan

in the past, daniel wrote that if something were to happen to him, he would use desmond as a concent because he is in both the past and the future.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacekiddet32 (View Post)
Wonderful episode! Wow. As an aspiring screenwriter, Damon and Carlton have truly revolutionized this art wonderfully.

But, can someone please explain the ending? Daniel wants Desmond to be his constant? he knew from the past that this was going to happen?

I'm utterly shocked. Can someone please clarify the end for me?

I'd be ever so thankful!
Also because Daniel sent Desmond to Oxford, he's ensuring that he will have a constant. I don't think Daniel sent Desmond to Oxford to help Desmond. I think Daniel did it to help himself as well.

Though my question is: how does Daniel know that he'll jump between 1996 and now? Does the constant only have to be someone you've met?

I think Penny was Desmond's constant because she grounded him in each time whereas I don't think Desmond is that for Daniel.