Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Anyone else noticed Mr Widmore winning the auction bid on the painting of The Black Rock ship? I wonder why. Nice little easter egg there.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

It wasn't the painting he was bidding on. To quote the auctioneer:

"The Black Rock set sail from Portsmouth, England, March 22,1845, on a trading mission to the kingdom of Siam when she was tragically lost at sea. The only known artifact of this journey is the journal of the ship's first-mate which was discovered among the artifacts of pirates on Ile Sainte-Marie, Madagascar, seven years later. The contents of this journal have never been made public nor are known to anyone outside the family of the seller Tovar Hanso. We open the bidding on Lot 2342 at 150,000 pounds."

Widmore must have bought it because he's looking for the wreck of the Black Rock and/or the Island, and is hoping the journal holds some clues. Of course, Alvar Hanso was the big Dharma head honcho, and the blast door map says that Magnus Hanso is buried near The Black Rock. I think one of those online games revealed that Magnus was Alvar's great grandfather, and was possibly the Captain of The Black Rock, but don't quote me. Point is, the ship is tied to the family that ran Dharma, and now Widmore's got something to do with it all as well, and he was reasearching it all before his fave guy in the whole world Desmond just so happened to end up stranded on the Island when he was competing in Widmore's boat race.

Last edited by Phee; 02-29-2008 at 10:17 AM
Old 02-29-2008, 10:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Wow, this ep was just amazing..^^ thanks for clearing it a bit up for me..with the black rock thing!

Desmond/HIC rocked, This show is seriously amazing...thts all i can say right now
Old 02-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

when the ep first started out and i heard about the time travel bs i was like oh noes, there goes lost falling back into its crazy season two/three hole... but by the end of it! GAAAAAAH! the phone call scene is probs one of if not the best love scene i've ever seen... all that pain and longing for so many years... and it wasnt corny or cheesy or complicated... it was just so simplistic and beautiful and overwhelming

and then desmond and sayid... i fckin love sayid!!! blah, im going to cry again, shoot
Old 02-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunee (View Post)
the phone call scene is probs one of if not the best love scene i've ever seen... all that pain and longing for so many years... and it wasnt corny or cheesy or complicated... it was just so simplistic and beautiful and overwhelming
Definitely
Old 02-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Passionate Fan

I second that!

Desmond and Penny still love each other after all these years. Oh my god! I hope these two will get back together soon. This episode was so trippy.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

I enjoy reading these discussions threads because it helps me understand the show more. I love LOST even though it confuses me I always keep watching. I enjoy the whole cast.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Amazing. We can argue all we want about Skate/Jate, but the true OTP of this show is Desmond/Penny. Eight years. That was amazing. Gah! The phonecall at the end made me cry. So much raw emotion. This might be one of the best episodes of LOST ever. Everything was pure perfection. This season just keeps getting better and better.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^Agreed
Old 02-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"The Black Rock set sail from Portsmouth, England, March 22,1845, on a trading mission to the kingdom of Siam when she was tragically lost at sea. The only known artifact of this journey is the journal of the ship's first-mate which was discovered among the artifacts of pirates on Ile Sainte-Marie, Madagascar, seven years later. The contents of this journal have never been made public nor are known to anyone outside the family of the seller Tovar Hanso. We open the bidding on Lot 2342 at 150,000 pounds."
Thanks for that because I didn't get to hear everything the auctioner said. That's an interesting history for the black rock. The more I see Charles Widmore, the more I think he might be the leader of everything that's been going on.

Quote:
We can argue all we want about Skate/Jate, but the true OTP of this show is Desmond/Penny. Eight years. That was amazing. Gah! The phonecall at the end made me cry. So much raw emotion. This might be one of the best episodes of LOST ever. Everything was pure perfection. This season just keeps getting better and better.
Agreed, as I said in my review couple pages back. People can say whatever they want about the other couples, the true love couple on the show is Des/Penny. Barring that Desmond last throughout the series, his and Penny's reunion will be so sweet and touching.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear" - Nelson Mandela
Old 02-29-2008, 06:28 PM
Extreme Fan

ok let me say i was so confused after this episode . i was like wtf seriously ,then my sister called and she was just as confused as me lol. thank god i dvr'd it and watched it again then i read the review on tvguide online and thats when i understood it what i couldnt figure out was if desmond was in 1996 and traveled forward to 2004 or was in 2004 and traveled back to 1996 to set things up for that phone call. i was just liek wtf is going on lol thankfully i have figured it out lol. i still have one question is daniel also a time traveler? his book said " if anything happens desmond WILL be my constant" it didnt say IS my constant so i am iffy about that . i liked the episode though not one of the best but good.

the ending just gutted me. it was so beautiful i bawled like a baby. i really hope he gets to see penny again. they are amazing and the heat between them through the phone was just amazing.

good episode overall
Old 02-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

daniel wrote that in his book in the past when desmond found him at the college and since them meeting changed the future thats how it was written in his book and daniel knew he succeeded... if the same thing should happen to him, he can trust desmond

imo i think the constant isnt necessarily a person but its the belief that another person shares with you that will carry you through... when desmond said to penny you believed me, you still care about me... GAH! they def pwn all... just an amazing scene... undefinable, truly
Old 02-29-2008, 07:26 PM
Extreme Fan

i agree, the constant doesn't have to be a person, it could be something that is important to the person in the past, that is also their in the present.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

Best episode of this season so far. Some answers and thousands of questions.
Desmond is one of my favourite characters, so I always enjoy watching 'his' episodes.

I'm not usually a romantic shipper on Lost, but I think Desmond and Penny warmed my shipper heart. That phone call was so beautiful and emotional.

Oh and Sayid just rocks. The guy is amazing, seriously.

I noticed the number 2342 was mentioned twice in the episode. It was the code for Faraday and was also mentioned in the Black Rock auction(sp?).

Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monique19 (View Post)
The more I see Charles Widmore, the more I think he might be the leader of everything that's been going on.
Exactly what I said two pages ago! Seriously, that dude has a major role in this show yet to be revealed. I'm certain of it.