Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

I mean, I'm not going to deny that Sawyer felt something for Kate but it doesn't even compare to what he felt/feels for Juliet. Those two are END GAME!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Elite Fan

And when Kate started to cry at the end, I took that as her truly realizing just how deep Sawyer's love for Juliet went and her crying for him and also crying because she realized that really was the end of whatever they once shared together.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Sawyer felt lust for Kate. He liked the cat and mouse game. Sawyer felt love for Juliet. She was his end game. Hopefully in sideways she still is.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaB (View Post)
Sawyer felt lust for Kate. He liked the cat and mouse game. Sawyer felt love for Juliet. She was his end game. Hopefully in sideways she still is.
Exactly,amanda!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

I think he felt a challenge/sexual attraction there and that's fun for awhile, but you do not build a life with a person you can't truly go deeper with emotionally. Plus, Kate & Sawyer are both damaged individuals and together they would just self destruct. I know Jack and Juliet both had their share of troubles, but they are the stable ones for those pairings overall. Jack pulls Kate back from the ledge and Juliet was Sawyer's saving grace. She chose him time and time again and never once judged him. The way she believed in him is so beautiful.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Addicted Fan

I know this is Lost and anything can happen, but with the way it's being written and the way Josh is wonderfully acting it out, I just can't see them going back to the dreaded triangle on the island.

I still can't get over how heartbreaking those scenes were. What did he pull out of the shoebox? Was it a pouch the ring was in?
Old 02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, it was a ring pouch!

And I just don't see storyline-wise how returning to a Sawyer&Kate pairing after all of this would add up. At least, not on the island. Though I'm praying it won't occur in the alternate time line either.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_ here_ I _come (View Post)
I think he felt a challenge/sexual attraction there and that's fun for awhile, but you do not build a life with a person you can't truly go deeper with emotionally. Plus, Kate & Sawyer are both damaged individuals and together they would just self destruct. I know Jack and Juliet both had their share of troubles, but they are the stable ones for those pairings overall. Jack pulls Kate back from the ledge and Juliet was Sawyer's saving grace. She chose him time and time again and never once judged him. The way she believed in him is so beautiful.
I love this! I totally agree.

I really hope they don't bring it up in the sideways. I can't wait to see how they bring the characters together in the sideways though.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by California_ here_ I _come (View Post)
Yes, it was a ring pouch!

And I just don't see storyline-wise how returning to a Sawyer&Kate pairing after all of this would add up. At least, not on the island. Though I'm praying it won't occur in the alternate time line either.
well! we can expect some sort of sawyer and the brown haired girl interaction in the alt world! this is darlton you know! BUT we know alt!jack and alt! juliet is alive in the alternate/sideways world-- ya know what I mean!

and I must say I totally love sawyer's indifference to her! rather than shouting or being temperamental with her,his apathy towards her says a LOT!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was nervous about this episode. I thought since Sawyer and Kate were sharing scenes that they'd end up talking about their past relationship, or fight (which could have been used as an argument that they still have feelings for each other), but Sawyer just didn't care at all about anything but his losing Juliet.. he's a wreck.
By the time Kate was crying on the dock I was crying too. He hasn't returned to season 1 Sawyer, it's worse than that.
I ship Kate and Claire now btw
Old 02-09-2010, 08:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisie7 (View Post)
and I must say I totally love sawyer's indifference to her! rather than shouting or being temperamental with her,his apathy towards her says a LOT!
Yes, that was perfect. He just does not care about anything else anymore.
In the previews for next week it looks like Flocke finds him living in his old house.
That just breaks my heart . He needs his Juliet--come on sideways timeline!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Waaah! But, still, what a great ep. tonight!

And it seems Sawyer was going through a lot of trouble to keep Juliet completely surprised about his proposal, what with hiding the ring under the floorboards and all. It seems he wanted to make the event really special and memorable and romantic. I would love to know what he had planned ...

And, people how neat is it that the engagement ring was still there after 30 years?! After the Purge. After Ben's reign. After 815 crashed...that's splendid!! It was just there during all of that. Juliet could have even walked over the floorboards covering her own engagement ring, for cryin' out loud!... I just think that's a great imagery for the the timeless, neverending nature of their love.

And it makes our theme for the 50th Thread even more fitting! And speaking of that, I spent the weekend getting acquainted with the finer points of Photoshop, and came up with some new versions of some art that I made and feel like sharing now!

There's three different versions, I hope you guys like them.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

I noticed that too. Sawyer doesn't have the heart or energy to care about anything Kate says or does anymore. It's fantastic!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:51 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runny Babbit (View Post)

And it seems Sawyer was going through a lot of trouble to keep Juliet completely surprised about his proposal, what with hiding the ring under the floorboards and all. It seems he wanted to make the event really special and memorable and romantic. I would love to know what he had planned ...

And, people how neat is it that the engagement ring was still there after 30 years?! After the Purge. After Ben's reign. After 815 crashed...that's splendid!! It was just there during all of that. Juliet could have even walked over the floorboards covering her own engagement ring, for cryin' out loud!... I just think that's a great imagery for the the timeless, neverending nature of their love.
I'd love to know how he was going to propose as well. Sadly I don't think we will ever know.

I never thought about the ring being there through all the events. That is so true. Their love really is never ending.

Those arts are absolutely gorgeous!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ahhhh that kills me with the awesome. The entire time we've seen the barracks, the ring has always been there.

Also, Sawyer returning to their house and hanging out there (as in the promo) broke my heart. Poor baby!