Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jazz
Well, to be honest, it's the only thing good about the movie. I didn't really like Troy all that much. I found the direction of the cameras were too similiar to LOTR.
Yeah, I've noticed that too in the trailer...after you've seen LOTR, you can never go back, you're ruined for other movies.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

No, not necessarily. I saw Shrek 2 and laughed until I cried. It was hysterical. I loved it. I'm talking about camera direction really. The only reason I didn't like the movie was because the story was kind of sketchy. But in terms of filmmaking, I kind of noticed similiarities between Troy and LOTR in terms of the battle scenes.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Hi everyone So sorry that I haven't been posting much. *hides*

Jazz- Glad that you liked Shrek. I didn't neccessarily laugh until I cried, it was more like me cackling throughout the whole movie.

You are right about the similarities between Troy and lotr. The battle scenes defitnitely look similar but the way the script was acted out didn't quite do it for me. Yesterday while I was walking through the streets with a friend, I went up to the poster of Troy and pointed out Paris to my guy friend and I was saying that he was what I wanted. Then two little 10 year old boys went "eeeww, she's another one who wants Orlando Bloom!" I don't know why, but I found it funny that even little boys would know his name.

Ok, now that I just reread my post, I just realized that duh! His name is on the poster.

Ok guys, that was my pointless post.
Old 05-25-2004, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Well Sudy, I was kind of dead tired too. I saw Shrek and Troy on the same day. It helps to have a friend who works for an entertainment magazine to get you in for free. I was delirious when I went to see Shrek and tired by the time I got to Troy. In fact, I fell asleep during any love scene.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh I can't wait to see Troy. nite all

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Sudy -

Ok guys, that was my pointless post.
Not at all. I had fun reading it.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:49 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with rebelle...what was pointless about it? Pointless is posting nothing that will further the conversation.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-26-2004, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jazz
I agree with rebelle...what was pointless about it? Pointless is posting nothing that will further the conversation.
Then most of my posts are pointless...I have lousy socializing skills
Old 05-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Passionate Fan

Jazz - You fell asleep during the love scenes! But then again, you didn't miss much. But then that was a perfect chance to sneak a peek at Brad's banana.

Lady D- Have a good night! And hope that you'll watch Troy soon. We need more people around here to gush about all the manflesh we see.

Rebelle - You do not have poor socializing skills. As a matter of fact, I think you have excellent socializing abilities. And I will keep on inflating your ego with more compliments on your superb ability to initiate interesting conversations so that you'll never think that you post pointless posts ever again.

Ok, I think i'm in a weird mood today, I feel like i'm not thinking right. That's just weird...
Old 05-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Jazz - You fell asleep during the love scenes! But then again, you didn't miss much. But then that was a perfect chance to sneak a peek at Brad's banana.
To be honest, it was all because I didn't get to see Eric's banana. His banana would I be more interested in.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Dragonair
Oh I can't wait to see Troy. nite all
Oh, be sure to check out the banana.

We had a fire drill earlier outside the building. Kinda funny because we went out and the rain poured. Hee.

I wanna see Shrek 2 this weekend...btw, has anyone seen Jersey Girl? Any good? It's still showing here in our country.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:26 AM
Elite Fan

Shrek 2 is good, there is a mini spoof of LOTR in there that you will enjoy. I also saw Jersey Girl which is one of those films that you take lightly. It's just one of those typical romantic comedies but I'll tell ya, Liv Tyler is DEFINITELY different from Arwen in this film.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I've also seen Jersey girl. It's a light movie that's ok to watch. And Liv Tyler is defitnitely different, her character is more straight forward.

I loved the little lotr spoof that was done in Shrek 2.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Rebelle - You do not have poor socializing skills. As a matter of fact, I think you have excellent socializing abilities. And I will keep on inflating your ego with more compliments on your superb ability to initiate interesting conversations so that you'll never think that you post pointless posts ever again.

Well you did make me laugh so thanks

Anyone thinking about starting a new thread?
Old 05-28-2004, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Yep, we're overdue for a new thread. Someone start one so this one can be closed.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove