Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Hey

I can see everyone is looking forward to Troy! I cant wait. But the stupid paper today said that Troy wasnt that good. They said that Paris was a wimp and that Brad Pitt was only good for drooling over! I think thats a bit harsh. But I guess this person just wasnt into the story!

But I cant wait to see it. Hopefully going to get my tickets this weekend. I've always loved the story of Troy when they told it to us in primary school!

Old 05-12-2004, 06:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Abby- My name is Sushi now?
No! The horror, people used to call me that. But it's fine by me if you want to keep calling me that And I feel special! Love your sig

Hey Girl , well movie critics are entitled to their own opinions but it's ultimately up to us to decide if the movie is good. After all, we're the viewers who pay to see the movie. Good reviews or bad, i'll still see it to judge for myself.
Old 05-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

I agree, you need to form your own opinion about movies in general. What critics don't like, doesn't mean you won't like.

Though, I tend to not see blockbusters. Like huge epic movies. LOTR was an exception but Pearl Harbour and some of those others, I never really saw. It came out during when I was in film school and those movies were frowned upon as a film geek.

abby - Well, I never claimed to be sane!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-12-2004, 11:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jazz

Though, I tend to not see blockbusters. Like huge epic movies. LOTR was an exception but Pearl Harbour and some of those others, I never really saw. It came out during when I was in film school and those movies were frowned upon as a film geek.
This is why I didn't watch FOTR, and TTT at first. When my friends watched it, they were telling me, "You should see Legolas! You should see him shoot arrows!", and I was like, "Blah blee bloo."

Then I watched ROTK, and my opinion has changed greatly.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Sudy -
Abby- My name is Sushi now?
No! The horror, people used to call me that. But it's fine by me if you want to keep calling me that And I feel special! Love your sig

Aww, so I'll just call you Sudy then?

Well, I hope this epic movie is a good one too. I don't really pay attention to critics anyway.

Jazz - You said it yourself.
Old 05-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by - Sudy -
[B]
Hey Girl , well movie critics are entitled to their own opinions but it's ultimately up to us to decide if the movie is good. After all, we're the viewers who pay to see the movie. Good reviews or bad, i'll still see it to judge for myself.
I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinions. But I guess us fans really count as we are the ones who pay to see the movie and from us the films get good publicity.

But it just annoys me sometimes when people completely slate a film which they havent seen and just asume its not good!

Anyway Can you imagine if Viggo was in Troy! That would be like the best! I mean 3 major hotties in one film I think that would blow anyones mind! And to see Viggo in a skirt would be very exciting

Old 05-13-2004, 12:44 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by abby-anne
Aww, so I'll just call you Sudy then?

Anything is fine by me

Quote:
Originally posted by girl with no name

But it just annoys me sometimes when people completely slate a film which they havent seen and just asume its not good!
I also hate it when people do that...but then again, i've also done that myself. I usually judge a film right after I see its previews. Some films are just really bad and it shows in the previews. And Viggo in a skirt would be great, it'll put more emphasis on his butt. :tongue:

Paolo - I'm glad that you think ROTK was a great movie. I don't know why but I always feel happy when I hear good praises about the lotr films.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:13 PM
Elite Fan

Well, it's the critics' job basically to see the film before anyone else and make a review on it. My friend is a film critic. Sometimes I'll see the private screening for critics to judge and write a review with her. I didn't get to see Troy because she knew that I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut about it and she wanted to write the review based on her thoughts, not mine.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Master Fan

girl with no name, Viggo in a skirt? Best idea ever.

I read reviews as a complement to the movie I just watched. After I watch a movie, I would read reviews, to see the similarities/differences of how I perceive the movie. But, of course, in the end, it's still my opinion that counts if I like the movie or not.
Old 05-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Extreme Fan

I would pay lots of money to see Viggo in a skirt.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:43 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by girl with no name

Anyway Can you imagine if Viggo was in Troy! That would be like the best! I mean 3 major hotties in one film I think that would blow anyones mind! And to see Viggo in a skirt would be very exciting
I know I should't care what the critics say but I do anyway...when I like a movie, and then someone says it's horrible, it kinda brings me down.

Viggo in Troy? I can't imagine that! Although seeing him in a skirt would certainly be...interesting.
Old 05-14-2004, 08:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Dragonair
I would pay lots of money to see Viggo in a skirt.
Well, he has dressed up as a woman before.

I finally, after 9 years of being a fan, met my favourite country singer yesterday in person! While I've been going to all her concerts, I never got a chance to meet her and I finally did! It was incredible.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jazz
Well, he has dressed up as a woman before.

I finally, after 9 years of being a fan, met my favourite country singer yesterday in person! While I've been going to all her concerts, I never got a chance to meet her and I finally did! It was incredible.
Jazz - Aww, that's great. Who's your favorite country singer?

Wooot. I've seen Troy! I've seen Troy! It was a great, orgasmical experience. Great film. I was uttering curses everytime I see Brad Pitt's body. After watching Troy I also want to grab Eric's banana. Such a great actor.

rebelle - Great avatar. Have you seen it? !?? Eric makes a good Hector. Such a commanding voice just like Aragorn.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by abby-anne
Jazz - Aww, that's great. Who's your favorite country singer?
She's Canadian. Her name is Terri Clark. She is one of the most laidback people I have ever met!

Sounds like someone enjoyed Troy since they want to grab the banana.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 05-14-2004, 05:35 PM
Passionate Fan

Jazz-Congratulations on meeting Terri Clark. I remembered that you mentioned that she was one of your favorite singers when I was chatting with you.

Abby- You lucky girl, you got to experience the hotness of Troy before all of us. As much I want to see Troy because I love the story, I also want to go because of the actors. I'll probably get to see the movie this weekend. I can't wait until most of us here get to watch the movie, then i'm pretty sure we'll have some interesting discussions on skirt lengths, etc.