Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-03-2005, 01:16 AM
Elite Fan

Ohh no way. He's a cool guy!

This site has some stills from the movie. Not all that exciting but oh well...

"A History of Violence" Movie Stills

Don't know if you guys have seen them already.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:38 AM
Master Fan

Wow, the last Cronenberg film got a wee bit of Oscar buzz, so I hope this movie builds on it.

Not that Viggo needs an Oscar to prove his a great Oscar, but, ya know, it'd rock.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Hey Rockstar! Saw the pics but thanks anyway. Viggo and guns I like. Esepcially big guns. So you haven't seen Indian Runner yet?

Viggo tortured and naked =
Old 01-07-2005, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by abby-anne
Hey Rockstar! Saw the pics but thanks anyway. Viggo and guns I like. Esepcially big guns. So you haven't seen Indian Runner yet?

Viggo tortured and naked =

I saw it yesterday...... At like, 3 am in the morning. Oh Lord, how depressing and GOOD. This is a great movie. I must admit I couldn't stop thinking about how good Sean Penn was doing as the director.

But Viggo was so, good. It just ah, I was depressed. I didn't think the nude was essential to the film, but who I am to tell Viggo to keep his clothes on? I didn't really watch that scene, I just got lazy eyed and focused on other stuff.

----

I hope "A History of Violence" gets VM good future roles. I think VM is incredibly talented and should be working more. Maybe he doesn't want to spend all his time making movies but really, he's a gem when he does.

Oh and if VM ever won an Oscar, it'd top my excitement, surprise and joy of when Adrien Brody won it (and believe me, I enjoyed that one as if it was my own).
Old 01-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the movie stills.

Sasha
Old 01-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Wow! Those stills are fantastic. Love Viggo and guns...just as much as I love him and swords. I love Viggo with anything.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-12-2005, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

Viggo does look damn good with his sword in hand.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Maria Bello, red-hot after "The Cooler" and "Secret Window" and appearing in the upcoming "Assault on Precinct 13," just wrapped "The History of Violence" with Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris. "It's a case of mistaken identity," Bello explained. "Viggo and I play a couple in the Midwest with a really traditional nice life, and Ed Harris, this mob guy, shows up and things get incredibly violent." David Cronenberg, best known for 1986's "The Fly," directed. "The funniest thing is he could be the most down-to-earth, calmest, sweetest guy," Bello said. "This one is the most commercial, the most accessible [movie he's made]. It's not as bizarre as the other ones." ...

This is from MTV News

Let's hope for some good promotion!
Old 01-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder if it will be screening in film festivals? I hope it shows at Toronto Film Festival so I can go and you know, meet Viggo again.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Elite Fan

You're bad.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

I'm bad? No way, I just want to see him again.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Old 01-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

I don't blame ya!

Personally I always fear meeting people I admire because I anticipate disappointment and bad experiences. Yet I never get over the fact I've never even seen anybody I really love as an artist. Well, except for Draco (puerto rican rock star) who I've seen in concert, front row, 4th row and the first concert in which I was farther but that's another story...

Conflicting feelings I house about wanting to see them in person but not wanting the spell to shatter... Feels like I'm missing fun experiences.

Oh and I always love the nervousness and trembling, the whole "fan girl effect" is pretty neat. I don't have that myself because I'm basically a stoic person, sometimes cold, sometimes just plain hard which takes most of the fun out of being another person's fan.

But I still get so happy whenever other people meet their favorite performers and have good experiences Puts a smile on my face. Love hearing all about it!
Old 02-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Master Fan

Ain't it cool news has a report from someone who went to a test screening of the film recently. There's no major spoilers, but there are a few little ones. You can read it Here.
Old 02-26-2005, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

Now I'm all excited!!!!!! I didn't read much because I don't want to be spoiled but I managed this:

Quote:
It almost seems that he could possibly break into the mainstream with this film, for the audience seemed to really enjoy this twisted tale of revenge and redemption. Lots of cheers and even several laughs, which is not what I was expecting at all.
Old 02-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Yay!!! I'm glad that the test screening went alright! Now release the darn thing to us!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove