Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Elite Fan

I don't see it harming his career either. I know I'm gonna be in minority here but I still think he could do so much better than this. I'm sorry but it's not the kind of exposure I wish upon the actors I like. There's nothing wrong with trying new stuff and proving one's talent - but this is not the way I want to see the actors I value. For me it's a bit like artistically selling themselves. I know it sounds harsh but I can't change my mind when society constantly reminds us how talent and hard work is no more obligatory when it comes to celebrity and career. Like I said if he wants to show how amazing actor he is in other roles that we're used to he should think about doing more independent stuff than this. I probably sound like a snob now I just know he's better than Fergie's music video...
Old 04-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Extreme Fan

And guys, remember that Wentworth Miller starred in a Mariah Carey music video.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Supreme Fan

I think he did it for the fun of it. No biggie. I think he wanted to do something edgy that he had never done before.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm really happy he's branching out into other mediums. I'm not really a fan of Fergie and I can't see this helping to establish him as a credible actor to those who are not familiar with his work but its cool, and he looks hot no matter what so... yey Milo!!

http://www.myspace.com/mischy
Old 04-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariSk8 (View Post)
And guys, remember that Wentworth Miller starred in a Mariah Carey music video.
I had no idea who Wentworth was before he appeared in that video, but I'll admit that I was curious enough to look up his name online. So the point that was made earlier about this music video apperance being good exposure for Milo was a good one. It certainly was the case for me in terms of Wentworth's appearance in Mariah's videos. I'm sure people will want to know who "the guy" is in Fergie's.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Milo Ventimiglia

And Eric Roberts was in a video too...i dunno what video i just remember everyone making a big deal that he did a music video...

And Izzie from Grey's Anatomy did a music video too

in fact lots of actors that have done music videos...sometime because their friends with the artist, or know the director, and other times because it's something different,
it's not that long of a shoot and it's probably something fun to do.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

Sure you can add Kerri Russell or Matt LeBlanc in Bon Jovi's, Josh Holloway in Aerosmith's, Gary Dourdan (CSI guy) in Janet Jackson's, Elijah Wood in Paula Abdul's, Adrien Brody in Tori Amos and so on - the list is huge... Like you said lots of actors have done music videos for the reasons you mentioned. But to be honest most of them do this before they establish themselves as credible actors, in hope of getting their big break or because they need money and take pretty much any acting job they get offered. That's not really Milo's case.

And if he did this one for "fun" then... I don't think we have the same concept of what fun is to put it mildly

Also I'm sorry and I know I repeat myself but this is not edgy. It's Fergie's music video. There's absolutely nothing edgy about that. Other epithets come to mind but definitely not edgy If he wants to branch out in other mediums there are much more challenging ways for an actor than this.

Yes I know I'm gonna be in minority here so I should probably just shut up and go hein? I'm not saying this to bash his decision or himself. I'm just a fan disappointed in his choice, that's all. I'm not gonna pretend I understand his decision beyond the fitting excuse of "he got offered good money" or pretend loving this whole thing just because I usually love his work
Old 04-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the thread Kelly

Do Though I might not agree with you, I get what you mean. *nods*

Btw, do we know who directed this video?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustATragicGirl3 (View Post)
He's come such a long way from just being the really hot guy on Gilmore Girls.
That he has and it's only just recently that I'm finally getting it. I'm over the moon for the guy I also love coming to FF because the differences of opinion are so varied, it's great
visit:shia icon: love_adam
Sometimes we have to do bad things ...
Old 04-20-2007, 06:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Drew Fuller in Lindsay Lohan's video... (hate her, LOVE Drew) Just thought i'd add another celeb in a music video.

I think the video is a good opportunity, and I'm very excited to see him in, what looks like, such a different role than he's played before.

Fergie's videos usually annoy me (like in Fergalicious, she's smearing cake on herself. What is that?), but I listened to a bit of the song and it seems like a much better song than her previous two singles.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:38 AM
Addicted Fan

Felt the same about went in mariah and it did him no harm at all. I agree, this sure is a diversion from what he normally does, I'm liking the bad boy look. In fact would love for him to play a real bad boy in a movie or on TV. That would just rock my socks. I'm not that much of a fergie fan, never have been hence why still not quite sure why he chose to be in her video anyways counting down till we get to see it.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Maniac (View Post)
Drew Fuller in Lindsay Lohan's video... (hate her, LOVE Drew) Just thought i'd add another celeb in a music video.
Alexis was in a music video too. She did it as a favor to some friends, if I remember correctly.

A punk rock band called Less Than Jake. She played an angsty girl who destroys her room during the song. It was interesting to see her in a different role.

I've listened to Fergie's song a few times, and I think it's OK. Better than most of her songs (My Humps, Glamorous ... ).
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Fergie's videos usually annoy me (like in Fergalicious, she's smearing cake on herself. What is that?)

Don't forget London Bridge - such a shame she filmed the wrong bridge for the song Though no wait apparently it's about a London Bridge *dies laughing*

ETA:

Quote:
Felt the same about went in mariah and it did him no harm at all
I don't care about neither of them but didn't he do this right before he got so trendy on PB? Like I said it's not unusual for actors to do this before their career really starts to work. Or because they do a favor to friends or family (Liv Tyler in Aerosmith's anyone?). Or because it's easy money.

Heh I like Less Than Jake. Random thought I know

Last edited by ~DresdenDoll~; 04-20-2007 at 06:47 AM
Old 04-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen (View Post)

A punk rock band called Less Than Jake. She played an angsty girl who destroys her room during the song. It was interesting to see her in a different role.

must try and hunt that out and you're just too funny ~DresdenDoll~
Old 04-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

wow wow wow wow wow! =)
happy 4 MILO
saludos desde méxico

Closed Thread   Post New Thread