Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 08:59 PM
Elite Fan

Our banner is by our graphics queen Rea! Thanks to Mija for hosting it!

Welcome to the 137th Literati thread!
Title inspired by the many rants about the recent Narco plot.

Last thread can be found here

If you love R/J then this is where you should be! If you are reading this, and you have never posted before -- Start! We love newbies!!

The Literati motto is: Instant Lit, Just Add Jess!

The Best Literati Moments:
  • When Jess told Rory that he loves her!
  • When Jess brought Rory a care package while her mom was away. (TTR)
  • Their first kiss as a couple (at the gas station in LTGB)
  • When Rory skipped school (very un-Rory like) to go see Jess in New York. (LGD)
  • The picnic. (ATAT)

The Best Lit Quotes:
  • "You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you."- Jess to Rory in ATAT
  • Rory- "I thought you didn't read much."
    Jess-"Well, what is much?" (NNSN)
If you've got any ideas about what should be added to these Lit lists, post them on the thread.

Here are some arts that Tryx made
Fan arts made by Christy: 1 , 2

Literati Links:
  • Literati is defined as "the literary intelligentsia" from the Latin "literate." Go here to hear it pronouced.
  • Bookends, an ENTIRE site dedicated to the best of Rory/Jess fic! Bella updates pretty regularly too

• The very first Literati shipper site, run by Tryx.
  • LiteratiOnline.com

Rules and Pointers for Posting:
For both the newbies who need guidance, and the regulars who might need reminding
  • We are not, were not, and never will be Jories ::shudder::
  • It is Jess, not Jesse folks!
  • If a spur-of-the-moment party ensues, you must contact, by e-mail, AIM, and/or PM, and announce it to members who are currently online.
Old 09-22-2004, 09:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oooo, that's a cool thread! Do you remember the time when Jess and Rory, at the bricebridge dinner, were riding together? That was like there first "real" conversation...so cute
And then she shows him her snowman, and tells him that she has no chance to win, because of another very elaborated snowman.
Then, at the end of the show, Lorelai and Rory take a sleigh ride home and see that somebody (Jess ) has destroyed the elaborated snowman...hehe
Old 09-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Kass_L- the Bracebridge Dinner is a classic. A very underrated episode.

In the last thread, everyone was ranting about the GG premiere so to continue...

The very beginning with the narcs in bed:
Rory- "This, right here, is a text book definition of a perfect moment."
Me-
How realistic that perfect Rory's 'first time' experience was just so darn perfect That tells teen viewers a lot.

I actually liked the beginning how they had Dean eavesdropping on Lorelai and Rory's conversation... with his, um, tail between his legs. I kept thinking- little boy, please grow up.

The thing that stood out for me the most in this episode was Kelly Bishop's performance. If you had told me in season one that in a future episode Emily would one day be arguing with Richard outside while in her underwear- I would have thought you were nuts. But Kelly pulled it off (pardon the pun). She's so talented.

Alexis' acting wasn't the best IMO. She's not coming off with emotion at all on screen. It felt so flat. The kitchen scene between Lindsay and Dean (later when she was all happy that her roast turned out right for him) had me feeling more between them than anything between Alexis and Jared.

Lorelai had a great line to Rory about aren't you a little late to be going through this phase. It was funny, although I really wanted Lorelai to smack her.

I miss Milo on it It's still not the same.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:18 AM
Master Fan

I just watched it... and I honestly don't know what to say...

I agree. This show sorely lacks what Milo brought to it. It's not the same anymore.

My thoughts...

Lorelai/Luke

Lane > ditzy airhead

Sookie >

Rory > Someone slap her. PLEASE.

Lorelai > You go girl! Tell her like it is. She won't listen but you tried.

Michel, Taylor, the band >

Emily/Richard > kinda childish but Kelly B rocks!

Dean > Go away, you moron.

Lindsay Poor girl. Doesn't understand what's going on, thinks her husband is working "late"... Oh! He's working alright!! Getting his "candyman" groove down...

It is a "perfect" song for them actually... A stupid, silly song for a stupid, silly pair, in a stupid, silly plot... Yeah, Rory, good choice.

Rory/Dean > What can I say that hasn't already been said... I'm hating that they're painting Rory as this lusty, clueless floozy... "He loves me, I love him, I was going to be mature, adult about this and ask questions but when I saw him in the door, I don't know... and when he kissed me I couldn't think..." How nice. How romantic. How cute! Blech. How awful my Lit heart felt. It's nauseating to watch these two together... I cannot stomach that some people are actually rooting for them...

Just string him up on a pole by his you-know-what in the middle of the town square. Someone. PLEASE!

Old 09-23-2004, 04:08 AM
Loyal Fan

Darcy, imagine those Rory/Dean scenes with Jess and Rory. How hot would that be?!
Ugh, its so depressing.

"We’re gonna raise the level of public debate in this country, and let that be our legacy."

To The West Wing
Old 09-23-2004, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

I haven't seen that episode yet, 'cause they haven't even shown season four here yet. But I'm really not looking forward to this storyline between Dean and Rory.

As I haven't seen season four, what was the "turning point" for Rory? When did she begin to like Dean again?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by madelen
As I haven't seen season four, what was the "turning point" for Rory? When did she begin to like Dean again?
I think it was forced on us... I mean set up from the beginning of the season when Jess left and so she felt alone again... and then seeing Dean get married made her feel a bit insecure, and Paris having a boyfriend and Rory didn't, ...and when Rory fell and hit her head and the concussion changed her personality and ... okay, that didn't happen, but it would have explained a lot
Old 09-23-2004, 11:55 AM
Total Fan

Oh i love the new title!

So is it definetly that Jess's not coming back?
Avi: Erin
Old 09-23-2004, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_mvpics
I think it was forced on us... I mean set up from the beginning of the season when Jess left and so she felt alone again... and then seeing Dean get married made her feel a bit insecure, and Paris having a boyfriend and Rory didn't, ...and when Rory fell and hit her head and the concussion changed her personality and ... okay, that didn't happen, but it would have explained a lot
I thought Jess came back too, and told her he loved her.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilmore Girl

So is it definetly that Jess's not coming back?
Well, Milo is working on American Dreams this season. It looks like a great part that he seems to enjoy. With that, and the things that are happening on GG storyline wise, its highly doubtful that Jess'll be back this season.

Fetch, I know, I could have sworn that happened. Oh well, guess we all must have dreamed it. *shrugs*

"We’re gonna raise the level of public debate in this country, and let that be our legacy."

To The West Wing
Old 09-23-2004, 10:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Holy cow, after all this Rory and Dean nastiness, I almost want Jess to come back and just claim her, to take her into his arms and kiss her, for Rory for really understand what it means to not be in control. With Jess!!
Old 09-23-2004, 10:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by madelen
that was so totally my question. I CANT BELIEVE she said "i love you." that is the point of the show where i just started sceaming!! since when??? since when rory do you love him?? that's so fake. and please, perfect?? really?? except for that one little detail of you having a WIFE!!!
I was so sad for lindsey in this episode. how could dean be showing her attitude? shouldent he be all guilty and quiet?? and since when does your husband whom you promised to "honor and cherish and all that stuff" become "people"?? She's your wife dean!!!! if she can wash your underwear, she can pick up your cell phone!!!!!
i felt sooo sad for her with the pot roast scene. i was almost at tears. i felt like he was using her so horribly.
ugh!! sorry if im ranting, but thats all i have been able to do.
speaking of rant... what is with lane?? has she lost her mind?? shouldent she be the one reminding rory that dean is married instead of gushing like a 14 year old??
and they did it again?? in miss patties?? that place that is right in the center of town???? aaaagghh!! this episode, except for all the l/l parts made me want to vomit profusely.
ill stop, because i have a butt load of homwork to do, not because i cant think of more things to say.... believe me i have a lot more...
Old 09-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jewls13
Well, Milo is working on American Dreams this season. It looks like a great part that he seems to enjoy. With that, and the things that are happening on GG storyline wise, its highly doubtful that Jess'll be back this season.
As sad as it is to admit it, Jess probably won't be back on the show. But despite that sadness, we need to be happy for Milo. He's taking another step forward career-wise, which we should all support by watching him on American Dreams.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fetch
I thought Jess came back too, and told her he loved her.
He did tell her that... but Rory's reaction was... nothing We didn't even hear about it again until later when Lorelai was on the phone with her and they were kind of mocking him for it.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Kelly_mvpics
He did tell her that... but Rory's reaction was... nothing We didn't even hear about it again until later when Lorelai was on the phone with her and they were kind of mocking him for it.
What did they say? I mean, how were they mocking him?

You'd think that as Rory was so into Jess, she could've handled the "I love you"-thing better and more sensitively.

And another thing that I don't understand...(there's many of those). How didn't Rory talk anymore of Jess being in love with her, 'cause from the episode recaps that I've read, she might've discussed it once, only once, and very briefly with Lane. Do I remember correctly?

If someone I cared/have cared about suddenly says he loves me, I would want to discuss it with him or with someone. And it would make a bigger impact in my life, than it seems to have made in Rorys. Which makes me think, how much did she care about Jess in the first place?

I really don't understand what made Rory so insensitive and rude all of a sudden. Doesn't she see that what she is doing with Dean is wrong, and hurtful not only towards Lindsay but to everyone else close to her, Dean and Rory. Especially towards Lorelei. She didn't raise Rory to be that kind of girl, as she said herself, right?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread