Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Elite Fan

dp!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey

Old 04-25-2012, 06:59 AM
Elite Fan

Hey, hey Kate How are you? I need to come visit your board more often but has been frustrating me like no other

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeliaBeck (View Post)
Cristal, you totally SHOULD go to a film festival!! And I'm pretty sure there are some where you live. I'd just google "film festivals + chicago" and there's probably a whole list of 'em And thanks for the recs! It's cool to see someone else really into movies here
I'll look into film festivals. I just wish I had more friends that were into this sort of thing I have some friends from high school that started their own independent film company, they made two movies but with college and distance....it kind of fell through They're still in touch and very much a part of each other's projects but they're not the same company anymore. One of them kind of carried the torch and is working on a film now. It's suppose to premiere on the 30th so I should look into that

Everyone thinks I'm so weird because I remember actors/actresses and little details about films that others wouldn't think to remember I'm just really big on films that are thought provoking and they tend to be independent films. Have you seen The Lazarus Project with Paul Walker? Just saw it yesterday and I really liked it.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey sweetie. I'm doing good and have some news, will drop it in a pm though.

How are you doing?

and it's slowness has been making me nutty.

Old 04-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

Hi Kate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
I'll look into film festivals. I just wish I had more friends that were into this sort of thing I have some friends from high school that started their own independent film company, they made two movies but with college and distance....it kind of fell through They're still in touch and very much a part of each other's projects but they're not the same company anymore. One of them kind of carried the torch and is working on a film now. It's suppose to premiere on the 30th so I should look into that
What's the name of their (former) company/movies? That sounds so interesting!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Elite Fan

You do I'll look out for it then

I'm doing alright. Preparing to search for jobs again Life is so expensive after a while But I am looking forward to seeing my friends this Friday! These people became my best friends when I went to Italy for the university and I've learned so much about the LGBTQ community through them and it's such a fun environment with fun people! Basically they're hosting a Drag Queen Show & Vogue Battle on campus. I went last year, my very first time going to something like this, and I had so much fun! I just felt a bit out of place because I'm always afraid to say the wrong thing or like I would offend someone in some way, but my friends have made me a lot more comfortable about being a part of something like this and how much everyone appreciates the support I'm trying to give. I guess everyone is use to people being a little naive

Amelia, the first company was Power Trio Studios and the new one is Code 10 Studios. It's funny because code 10 is a nod to this system we had in high school We weren't allowed to wear strappy tank tops, tops that expose our mid section, shirts with inappropriate symbols or lettering...so if you showed up to school with something like that you had to go to the office for a Code 10. The shirt literally had Code 10 in bold so everyone pretty much knew you came to school with something inappropriate on

Last edited by UpInFlames; 04-25-2012 at 07:38 AM
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

OMG that sounds like fun! I hope you enjoy it I would love to go to a Drag show one day

Cristal, I'm getting off the computer now, but could you wait before closing and starting the new Chad & his boys/friends thread 'til later today? I want to post in there again before any new thread is made. Thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

dp
Old 04-25-2012, 08:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Amelia. How are you?

Cristal, I'm gonna go write it and hope doesn't eat the pm.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
OMG that sounds like fun! I hope you enjoy it I would love to go to a Drag show one day

Cristal, I'm getting off the computer now, but could you wait before closing and starting the new Chad & his boys/friends thread 'til later today? I want to post in there again before any new thread is made. Thanks
It is fun! At least it was last year You should totally go to one!
I'll wait on opening a new thread Do you want to take care of opening it whenever you're ready? The OP is nonexistent now that I took a peek

Kate I got it. wasn't cruel to eat it
Old 04-27-2012, 11:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
I'll wait on opening a new thread Do you want to take care of opening it whenever you're ready? The OP is nonexistent now that I took a peek
Yeah, I'll do it (making the new thread and the OP) 'cause you've been working a lot on other threads, I'll do it for you now
Old 04-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Grr has been so mean to me lately
Old 04-28-2012, 08:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I'll do it (making the new thread and the OP) 'cause you've been working a lot on other threads, I'll do it for you now
Aw okay I wouldn't mind but if you take this one I'll see what other OPs need work and continue with the Writer thread

Nat - I hate it. I'm trying to be patient but the other day I opened three tabs to post and then when I submitted posts on two of them and the server went down I didn't even bother refreshing or trying again. I just shut the laptop and walked away. So annoying.

I watched another movie today! Highly, highly recommend this one if you're either a) an indie film fan. b) a music fan. c) films based on a true story fan. and/or d) a fan of sappy movies that might make you cry and smile at the same time.
The Music Never Stopped, it's on Netflix and it's just such a beautiful film. I'm not even totally familiar with all the songs referenced in the film but I couldn't help but smile at how music played a role in this film...or in this person's life I should say! I don't know. I loved it. I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ya I have been doing the same thing. Before I would try refreshing and waiting but now when I get a server issue I just walk away, its too annoying.

I'll put it on my list and see if I can find time this week to watch it, it will be a nice break from my finals
Old 04-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Elite Fan

Exactly. I would be visiting a lot more board instead of just this one if the server would just play nice. More than half of the time I just don't feel like venturing to other boards because I get so frustrated trying to get one or two posts in on my own board

It's a great movie to watch Nat I highly recommend it.

How are you? Any good things from the weekend?