Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm hoping it's not too small of a role though Hopefully he's in it for more than 5 minutes!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sure he did an amazing job no matter how big or small the role is.

Icon by Fiona
Old 08-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
I'm hoping it's not too small of a role though Hopefully he's in it for more than 5 minutes!
Yes I want more than 5 minutes.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

All I know is that I'll be mostly watching for those 5 minutes, as bad as that sounds And then I will gawk for 5 minutes, and then remember to focus on the film!
Old 08-02-2012, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm interested in this story just because it happened so close to where I live and I remember it happening so I'd like to watch it for that but Chad definitely makes me want to see it more.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I mean the story really does call my attention but I know my interests also come from knowing Chad is in it. Like I'll be looking out for him.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes I will be waiting for him too!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:58 PM
New Fan

Film Accuracy

I am hoping the 'Fruitvale' actors (including Murray), producers, directors, etc. took the time to learn the real story of this tragic event. I am fortunate to personally know one of the police officers that was there when Grant was shot and it is truly sickening how the media and public portrayed this accident. I'm fortunate because the officer I know is a great person and unfortunately got lumped into this whole thing because he was responding to a call. It was the media that misreported many of the details of the event before any official statements had been made and that false information enraged the public to believe in lies. One of the news stations originally reported that Grant was handcuffed when he was shot and ran a television news story on it. The truth was (and it was proven in court) that Grant was not handcuffed when he was shot, however the news station only ran a short snippet of the correction once and probably only caught the eye of .05% of the people who saw the first story. It was careless on the part of the news station and I personally believe the media contributed to the riots that destroyed part of downtown Oakland. When it is your job to report facts, you better be sure they are facts.

That's what worries me about 'Fruitvale.' If the writer/director decided to base the 'facts' of his movie on incorrect information, it could spark additional negative interest in the incident that could continue to inflame the Oakland community and beyond.

Any intelligent person who isn't prejudiced against police officers (white police officers in this case) and who has any bit of common sense should realize that Mehserle did not shoot Grant intentionally. If you don't believe that, then come up with a educated response to this question: Why would a police officer who was expecting his new baby boy any day just suddenly decide to "murder" someone in front of a thousand witnesses, including several other police officers, and video cameras? Only your average hardened, insane criminals would even think of such a crime. Yet some believe a uniformed police officer, who had an extensive background check, psychological exam, 6 month police academy, several months of field training and a well paid job with great benefits would just suddenly turn his own life upside down and murder someone in a highly populated area and expect to get away with it?

For the sake of Oakland and other surrounding communities, I hope the people who made this movie took the time to research what really happened. The writers, director and actors have a responsibility to tell the truth because a lot of people believe what they see in the movies, even if they are lies.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:47 AM
Elite Fan

Hi >Chucks<, and welcome to

I feel you. I really do. Although I don't have a personal connection to the case like you do, it's obviously a very delicate situation and can be a hard story to tell accurately. I want to give the writers credit that they will do their best to handle the story with truth and care and not parade around with the sensationalized version of it. I'm on IMDb right now and the writer and director are the same man, Ryan Coogler. He hasn't done any movies I've seen before but I'm hoping he realizes he should handle this story with care.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

Oh wow, I've lost track of this thread

I'd also like to add that Chad isn't an actor to just jump into a role like this without educating himself first. I'm sure he'll handle his role, whatever it may be, respectfully.

Can't wait to get some more progress on this one
Old 08-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Elite Fan

It's going to be a disappointment if it's not. However, I really feel like they people involved took it enough upon themselves to really educate themselves before starting this project.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Elite Fan

I think so too. Only time will tell!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Elite Fan

Did anyone post the filming photos?

Chad's at the top of the film's IMDb page
Old 08-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

I think it was posted somewhere in the photo thread or news thread I just remember seeing it
Old 08-28-2012, 08:48 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I can't remember who posted it though