Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
New Fan

"My Old Lady"

I am writing a paper for my Pop Culture class on the episode "My Old Lady". For this, I need your help.

I need to know what you think some of the messages are that the producers / writers are trying to get across to the audience. This means that you can't just watch the commentary and tell me what they actually say; I want your opinion.

For example: If you think one of the messages of the episode is that death is not a scary thing, please tell me. If you think that it means you should take the advice of elders, let me know.

I also want to know what you thought of the episode. Not just "OMG! Zach Braff is so cute!" (even though that is true!) I want to know what you thought of the acting, the camera shots, the writing, pretty much everything.

Please help me out! My paper is due Friday, November 2nd. Thanks so much!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Before they turf this over to the question thread, I'd like to give my opinion sense your paper is due so soon. Also, this is an awesome assignment, sounds like a cool class.

I think the main message in this episode is that you shouldn't fear death, but you should love life. You never know when your going to go so you should live life to the fullest while you have the chance. Also, you should cherish the relationships with your friends and family because they are the ones who care the most for you and will always be there. Finally, you should always take some time for yourself so that life never gets more overwhelming than you can handle.

As for the writing, well its classic Scrubs and one of the best written and directed episodes they have ever done. The blending together of all three patients and doctor's experiences is brilliantly done.

The filming and camera angles are great, like they always are on Scrubs. I love how Scrubs is unlike any other sitcom, its filmed in a more real life type of way to keep the reality there, while simultaneously making it unrealistically funny for a hospital environment.

Not to mention all of J.D.'s fantasies, providing a outlet for the writers to express their most ridiculous of ideas for the show in a manner that makes sense.

All in all this is a great episode with a tremendous story line and outstanding acting, how scrubs has never won an Emmy is beyond me.

I hope this helps, keep us up to date on how it goes.

"There ain't no reason things are this way
Its how they've always been, and they intend to stay
I can't explain why we live this way, we do it every day" -Brett Dennen
Old 10-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Master Fan

There is a Questions thread here:

http://www.fanforum.com/f163/scrubs-...-you-62807695/
Old 10-31-2007, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for linking Steph.
You can use General Season One Discussion Thread for this too. I think that would be the best place for this topic.
I'll agree with Chuck, this really is an awesome assignment.
Anyway, closing. Please take this request over to either of the threads linked.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown