Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-29-2010, 04:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by once_inalullaby (View Post)
I loved Kelso in that episode. "oh pooey!" - he definitely helped cut through the crap

Never really thought it'll be Kelso to do that. But it makes sense I guess, I think it was brilliant how they managed to show who Kelso really is in the final years.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Passionate Fan

i's slightly of topic but I always wavered between liking and shaking my head at Kelso. definitely loved him by the end of the show

and I know we've already had this discussion but I'm definitely glad JD and Elliot ended up together
Old 07-29-2010, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

I do love Kelso in that scene, it's so him just to not take any of their BS and then, in doing so plays a part in making them realise they should be together.

It made it less predictable as well, because I always thought it would be Carla who would have that role.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Fan

Carla was always the character seen watching over them two.

Kelso I guess was the only character really to have the time to notice they were basically dating again, he had loads of time to people watch.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hogwosh! I love Kelso, he always makes everything he does hilarious.

Yeah, it was unnexpected that it would be him that pushed them together again. But then, Kelso was also the first person to say something to JD when Elliot and Keith got engaged

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 07-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

That's a very good point, I'd never thought of that before. I suppose seeing as he knows the two of them but isn't exactly close he has quite a good perspective on the whole thing, he knows how they're likely to act and can understand their actions, but aren't close enough to them to have his view distorted by either his feelings towards them or what they have said on the subject.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Exactly. I really think Kelso was the best choice in terms of what character would both prompt them and guide them to have that conversation and make that decision. He's closer to them than most of the others there, but he's not as close as Carla or anyone else. He's inside the box just enough to evaluate the situation, but his character's also outside the box just enough to give advice that won't be dictated by stronger feelings that could have morphed his outtake on the matter. I don't think he likes JD better than Elliot or Elliot better than JD. He's close to them, but not close. He's going to be honest with how he views those two and the situation as a whole instead of letting where he thinks his loyalties lie or his personal feelings get in the way of the situation overall.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

I agree with you mate, and another simple reason he was not so close to both that by pointing it out they were basically already dating he'd not be caught in the middle if things went wrong
Old 07-31-2010, 04:24 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap (View Post)
I agree with you mate, and another simple reason he was not so close to both that by pointing it out they were basically already dating he'd not be caught in the middle if things went wrong
exactly! remember in season 3/4 when JD broke up with Elliott - Carla and Turk were both stuck in the middle of their relationship. Perhaps the only other person I could picture doing that role would be Jordan - mainly because I adore her!

I loved how low-key their relationship was in season 8 - with the except of the Bahama's episodes obviously. I mean, sure there were freak outs, but it was still handled much more maturely in my opinion - proof they'd grown up.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
exactly! remember in season 3/4 when JD broke up with Elliott - Carla and Turk were both stuck in the middle of their relationship. Perhaps the only other person I could picture doing that role would be Jordan - mainly because I adore her!
Jordan would of had to do it with her being slightly spiteful acting but being good meaning at heart.

Quote:
I loved how low-key their relationship was in season 8 - with the except of the Bahama's episodes obviously. I mean, sure there were freak outs, but it was still handled much more maturely in my opinion - proof they'd grown up.
I simply don't think it could of been done any other way, I found the first episode of Bahamas trip a bit much, but I guess it was done for the big pay off in the second episode.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know BL says that's because of his compromise to the fans that were anti-Jello but in all honesty that pleased me too. I liked them that way, it wasn't all crazy and extravagent romantic gestures. It was simple and sweet.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis (View Post)
I know BL says that's because of his compromise to the fans that were anti-Jello but in all honesty that pleased me too. I liked them that way, it wasn't all crazy and extravagent romantic gestures. It was simple and sweet.
Plus it just made them seem like they were working as a couple and the time build up it seemed like what J.D. saw in his vision of My Finale was more than possible.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:52 AM
Elite Fan

Cute arts

Old 08-10-2010, 08:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

I love the second one the banner.

Are they your creations Gio Gio?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I love the second one as well. I like how it has pictures from throughout the series.