Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-15-2010, 12:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
All he ever does is be your friend you selfish little girl!
So true, sometimes I would watch it and be like "Are you blind? Can you not see what he's done for you over the last 3 years." Apparently not.

I do wonder if Elliot now realises that she was in the wrong as much as JD with the end of Season 3 events. I really hope she does, I like to think she does otherwise I'm not sure their relationship would realistically work as well as it does.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Selfish little girl really hits on something, maybe all the growing up we saw Elliot and J.D. do over Season Seven and Eight helped make them work as a couple.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 AM
Master Fan

I think it definitely did. Basically the only issue with their relationship in Seasons 1 2 and 3 was that they were both just too immature to actually have a long term relationship, so they screwed it up. Even though from seasons 4 - 7 I was desperate for them to get together again at the time, in hindsight I'm so glad they didn't, I think it gave them time for their characters to mature properly, so when they did get back together in Season 8 they could actually make it work, inside of do exactly what they did in seasons 1, 2 and 3.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really glad they didn't. I'm glad they didn't revisit the relationship at all. Although saying that they had no sexual tension left at all was bit much [cuz we all though that isn't true..] I am glad they spent that time apart.

Plus I think the idea was to show that they could actually make it work, it just all depended on their situations at the time not the fact that they were compatible.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 07-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Ultimate Fan

Definitely a slow burn, that I really think was ultimately leading to J.D. and Elliot getting back together all the way from Season Five onwards. That's how I see it anyway. I have no idea if it was on purpose other than in Season Seven and Eight I am not sure.

But Elliot treating Keith like her own personal living dildo, Kim don't get me started on Kim and even Melody.

Why have that other than to learn from their mistakes in Elliot's case and have J.D. grow up when Sammy's born and Melody reminding J.D. of Elliot who is very much like a confident Elliot we see in Seven and Eight.

I am glad Season Eight happened if they had coupled in probably episode 12 of Season Seven I doubt it would of seemed like they would of worked as a couple as well by the end.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:19 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipsis (View Post)
I'm really glad they didn't. I'm glad they didn't revisit the relationship at all. Although saying that they had no sexual tension left at all was bit much [cuz we all though that isn't true..] I am glad they spent that time apart.

Plus I think the idea was to show that they could actually make it work, it just all depended on their situations at the time not the fact that they were compatible.
true. one of the things I adored most about the show is that although there were relationships in the show they were never so dramatised or overplayed that it took away from the comedic elements of the show.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

Actually I think it did, it ruined Turk and Carla wedding episodes to be honest.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by once_inalullaby (View Post)
true. one of the things I adored most about the show is that although there were relationships in the show they were never so dramatised or overplayed that it took away from the comedic elements of the show.
Same here. One of the things that attracted me to Scrubs was that it wasn't another "Will they, won't they," show. I think it accidentally strayed into that category during Season 3, which is why the JD/Elliot thing got on my nerves for a while there, but it all worked out in the end.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Ultimate Fan

That's what I really don't get in Season Three, clearly first two years they were trying their hardest to show they just don't work as a couple. Then spend the whole of Season Three basically having J.D. chase after Elliot.

After that whole I don't want her/don't love her fear Season Four the show changes very quickly and seems like they have nothing for either of them especially Elliot till Jake for awhile then Keith turn up. And so Elliot became more and more neurotic.

It did spoil the show in the long term a season four of them being a couple and ultimately either staying as a couple or that's that they split again would of suited me far better than the way they split them.

What made it more annoying for me was all of Season Three it was so much all about J.D. wanted to be with Elliot then suddenly he doesn't what do I believe, and then later in Season Four Elliot says to J.D. she was in love with him in My Quarantine. She must of said it to J.D. earlier too around time of Turk and Carla's wedding because that's the reason J.D. gave in My Happy Place why he ran.

This just makes them look bad as each other honestly. Both holding back their feelings.

Last edited by remlap; 07-16-2010 at 01:51 PM
Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
that I really think was ultimately leading to J.D. and Elliot getting back together all the way from Season Five onwards.
The hints with them never really stopped in my opinion, there's the "You're this goofy, weird, amazing guy, that's why I fell in love with you." quote from Elliot in My Quarantine, then their relationship in My Day At the Races. There's always some kind of tension below the surface, no matter what they claim when they say they have no feelings for each other. I always see that bit as plain lies.

The thing that irritates me about Season 3 is not so much that they spend the entire season building up to the whole JD and Elliot, but that they do that, and then within 30 seconds of them actually getting together, they ruin it again. It's so annoying, it's like all the seasons work of slowly bringing them together to have them that way for literally less than a minute. I think it's annoying in a way for everyone because for JD and Elliot fans we get barely any time with them together, which is what we want, and for anti JD and Elliot people they've had to put up with a whole Season focussing on them a large amount for nothing.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Ultimate Fan

Basically what your saying was all that build up was for nothing for any side of the fence J.D. Elliot wise? Perfectly agree with you Alice.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I always see that bit as plain lies.
Completely agree. It just wasn't set up right at all. I think the writers were looking for a quick fix to a 'problem' that needed something more than that. They should have broken them up like they built them up to get together in S8. Gradually so it made sense, and there were clear reasons why they won't work.

It never made sense to me, so it made it so easy to support them all those seasons after.

Dean&Castiel

_avi:unknown
Old 07-17-2010, 03:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

Something really did back fire, and they figured it out very soon into Season Four I think, and Bill Lawrence did say he had the finale written four years ago in 2008 and I think the final family scene was not new to BL in Season Eight I think.

Although they could of done a Wonder Years and J.D. is like Kevin and not end up like Winnie or in J.D. case Elliot. And we find out who Elliot is with.

I really have to wonder if its sunk in to the people at Scrubs how many 20 something fully grown men who've basically spend their mid teens and twenties watching scrubs bawl like babies over that episode.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm pretty sure they were meant to hook up again for some time, and it probably was bound to happen in "My Commitment", the episode that was never finished due to the writers strike.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Basically what your saying was all that build up was for nothing for any side of the fence J.D. Elliot wise?
Exactly.

Quote:
I think the writers were looking for a quick fix to a 'problem' that needed something more than that.
I agree, I mean Elliot and JD were basically the main storyline in that episode, even if they had've made it a minor thing going on in the background through a couple of moments over a few episodes, it would've made so much more sense, because we could've slowly seen that coming, with both the "I don't love you" and them saying they have no feelings for each other any more. It would've made more sense, and everyone would've been a lot happier.