Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-08-2004, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

I actually practise Yoga twice a week. It's a good add-on to the rest of my work-out schedule. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Maybe we need another picture, the page looks so naked otherwise. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

More caps from TYCTJBLAH

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 04-17-2004, 02:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

We need more pics, people! I will try to make some NYPD screen caps tomorrow [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
*Gillian Anderson*

"We shared a dinner that did not go well, and...footwear was destroyed." *Amy Gray*

@Sometimes I get so weird, I even freak myself out...@
Old 04-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

that would be very cool, Jules! [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]
I finally got "Nevada" on DVD - so I hope I find some time next weekend to make some caps. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 04-19-2004, 02:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Awesome, where'd you get it? You gotta tell me all about it, okay?
*Gillian Anderson*

"We shared a dinner that did not go well, and...footwear was destroyed." *Amy Gray*

@Sometimes I get so weird, I even freak myself out...@
Old 04-20-2004, 06:21 AM
Elite Fan

I ordered it from amazon.co.uk. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] audio is crap unfortunately. the movie itself isn't too bad, Amy looks amazing... well, I'll tell you more later - gotta go now. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2004, 06:13 AM
Elite Fan

oh, I promised caps, didn't I
I'll try not to forget it and do it soon...

In the meantime:

Tyne & Amy at the Lucy & Crystal Awards 2002

Old 10-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Why is this thread clear on the second page? Has our for Amy faded? Let's get this one goin again!

avi credit to lovely lauren
Old 10-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Extreme Fan

right, just the second tread? not good. well, here is one of my favorite pics... I love her hair, and those eyes

**Icon made by Suz**
Old 10-07-2004, 07:40 PM
Passionate Fan

carmenvs Thanks for posting that cap! She's beautiful in it! Keep this one goin!

Old 10-12-2004, 07:20 AM
Elite Fan

Amy is on the November cover of "Prevention" magazine. So all you lucky US people, go check it out and maybe - scan the pictures for us? That'd be swell!

In the meantime here's the article:

Quote:
Amy Brenneman:
How she beats stress, stays fit, and finds moments of peace

by Laurie Drake

There are so many similarities between Amy Brenneman and the role she plays on the CBS show Judging Amy that it's easy to confuse the two. Both are named Amy, both grew up in Connecticut, both have a young daughter, and both have ties to the legal profession: The fictional Amy plays a family-court judge, and the real-life Amy has a mom who's a judge. Both Amys are smart (the character has a law degree from Harvard; the actress earned her BA there), and both try to stay healthy while juggling the demands of career and family.

Brenneman works longer hours than her fictional counterpart--from 5:30 am to 9 or 10 pm some days--as both the star and executive producer of the show. Given all the sedentary time she spends on the set, with its groaning boards of food for cast and crew, it's a wonder that she doesn't pack on the pounds (especially considering the forgiving nature of long, black judicial robes). But she still has the great body that caused a sensation 10 years ago on NYPD Blue when she played officer Janice Licalsi.

Curvy in all the right places and with an enviably flat tummy, she looks as sleek at 40 as she did at 30. "I'm lucky that I have a fast metabolism and good genes," says the star, who won't lay claim to having self-discipline regarding food and is grateful she never developed an eating disorder (practically a rite of passage in image-obsessed Hollywood).

A natural athlete--she was on the track and cross-country teams in high school and college and also studied dance--she downplays her role in staying in great shape. "I feel prouder of the parts of me that I've had to work on, like my spiritual and psychological health," she says. If she doesn't have time to attend an Ashtanga yoga class, which she says she was "really into about a year ago--it's a wonderful athletic workout," she'll do a few moves on her own: "sun salutations, hip openers--whatever my body tells me it needs."

And though she'll admit to succumbing to "a little sugar buzz every day," she doesn't turn to food for comfort. "I have the opposite problem: When I feel stressed, I forget to eat, which can be bad in that I get weak and shaky. When I'm underweight, I feel like a reed in the wind, like the smallest thing will blow me over. So I have to remind myself to eat, because I like feeling strong and resilient, with a bit of meat on me."

To keep stress at bay, Brenneman runs two or three times a week, but nothing is set in stone. "I worked out pretty hard throughout my pregnancy, but after my daughter was born, I said to myself, 'I'm not going to freak out if I don't have time to exercise, because that's just another pressure I don't need.'" Brenneman also finds "little moments of peace" at a makeshift altar in her trailer, which is filled with things she loves: "a stone from the beach, a picture of my daughter, a picture of myself as a child--whatever allows me to go a little deeper into myself" (and back to her college days, when a semester in Nepal gave her an appreciation of Buddhism).

But the best stress-busters are "really good friends" with whom she can let go and have a quick cry if needed. She counts her husband, director Brad Silberling, as chief among them. He's her reality check. "If I get too wrapped up with the show, he says, 'You know, these are high-class problems!' And it's true. I'm lucky to have them."
Source: Prevention Magazine

Old 10-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

That article mentions Amy's young daughter. I'm just curious, did they hide Amy's real life pregnancy on Judging Amy or was her character written off for that season? There are seasons of the show I haven't seen, mainly the earlier ones. She had her daughter in March 2001, so her pregnancy would have affected the 2000-2001 season.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Loyal Fan

They hid the pregnancy. She wore her robes and was behind the bench more often, and there were a lot of close up shots.
Sam: No, it's my breathing. It gets bad when I get worked up, so I need an inhaler. . . . I'm prepared to line up 10 inhalers if that's what it takes, b/c if you mess with Naomi--if you even think about screwing with her--I will take you out. icon by charmingnotion
Old 10-15-2004, 06:40 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by chocolatekisses
They hid the pregnancy. She wore her robes and was behind the bench more often, and there were a lot of close up shots.

They must have hid it fairly well. I knew she was pregnant, but I couldn't really tell most of the time. Hmmmm........ Maybe I just am not a very good observational person.

Old 10-17-2004, 08:16 AM
Elite Fan

Reminds me - I got the "Providence" DVD box set and Melina Kanakaredes was also pregnant during the 5th season. She did an audio commentary to the episode "Eye of the Storm", where she told exactly how they hid it - with long coats and dresses, cuts to close-ups or 'Syd' walking behind furniture or other people. It was quite funny to listen to because you would have never given it a second thought if she hadn't told you why and when.

Old 10-18-2004, 03:44 AM
New Fan

Amy is sucha wonderful actress and she does justice to her role in JA.