Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollyJfan4life (View Post)
I just avoid season 5 whenever I feel like rewatching their relationship. I remember being so frustrated when rewatching when I first got s4 and 5 on dvd because Cole didn't willingly become the source and Phoebe knew this, but they tried to retcon it all in season 5. I hate that part of season 5 so much that I ended up giving the DVD away. lol I don't know why I bought it to begin with.

Agreed! it pissed me off so much how much history tried to get erased in Season 5... and I think it was mainly because Julian decided to leave the show.
Season 4 was tough because Cole didn't willing decided to be the Source, he tried to fight it and even when he did become the source his love for Phoebe stayed in him. He even was going to give up his source powers in We're Off to See the Wizard
but Phoebe stopped him. So after everything Phoebe and Cole went through together, Season 5 was so difficult to watch.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with you. I will never believe that Phoebe fell in love with Coop. We can actually see in flashback, when they're travelling in past that Cole's death still hurts her. Cole wasn't evil. It's not his fault that the Source posessed him. Their love story will always be one of the most epic in history of television.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess she eventually over time fell in love with Coop, I don't believe she was in love with him during Season 8.
Oh I just watched that episode when Phoebe traveled back to the past with Coop to see Cole's death, she didn't even want to see it.

I was just re-watching most of Season 4, and re-watched when Cole died. It was sad but somewhere inside I wish their relationship ended in episode 4.20 Long Live the Queen it was so heartwrenching , but it was so much better than anything we got from Season 5.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
I guess she eventually over time fell in love with Coop, I don't believe she was in love with him during Season 8.
Oh I just watched that episode when Phoebe traveled back to the past with Coop to see Cole's death, she didn't even want to see it.

I was just re-watching most of Season 4, and re-watched when Cole died. It was sad but somewhere inside I wish their relationship ended in episode 4.20 Long Live the Queen it was so heartwrenching , but it was so much better than anything we got from Season 5.
You know when she sees Cole's death I thought she looked a tad guilty As though she realised he died for nothing
Old 03-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
]I was just re-watching most of Season 4, and re-watched when Cole died. It was sad but somewhere inside I wish their relationship ended in episode 4.20 Long Live the Queen it was so heartwrenching , but it was so much better than anything we got from Season 5.
Yes! This!

Old 03-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathly_smirk (View Post)
You know when she sees Cole's death I thought she looked a tad guilty As though she realised he died for nothing
That's sure a better way, and sad way to look at it.
I always thought Cole always died for nothing though. lol As long as he was with Phoebe, he was never going to put her family members in danger. His guilty conscious would get the best of him, and he could never see Phoebe in that much pain. Even when he was the source, going up again Paige... in the last minute as the source, he changed his mind and told them how to save Paige.

Today I watched Charmed episode: 'A Witch's Tail' Part 1 & 2, even that ending would've been perfect. Phoebe still loving Cole but deciding not to be with her... there's really not much after that, that was so good for them. A little bit of scenes, but that could've been a perfect way to end them or just left Cole dead in Long Live the Queen i
Old 03-17-2014, 10:31 AM
Total Fan

I would have even taken that ending too. They really jerked us around that season. At the end of that fairy tale episode they had us believing that they would be rebuilding their relationship with Cole trying to regain her trust, but that went nowhere. And then in "Sympathy for the demon", Phoebe was so close to coming around. This all added to my frustration.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I would have even taken that ending too. They really jerked us around that season. At the end of that fairy tale episode they had us believing that they would be rebuilding their relationship with Cole trying to regain her trust, but that went nowhere. And then in "Sympathy for the demon", Phoebe was so close to coming around. This all added to my frustration.

I'm curious on when Julian decided to leave? cause when you look at those first three episodes of Season 5, it seemed like we were going to have an angsty re-build with them.. and then I kind of felt that change a bit when 'Siren Song' episode came around... and then it kind of really set up for the Phoebe really hates Cole storyline.

I just don't try to be so criticial to the writers because I'm not really sure on all the backstage stuff. I wish they could've ended Phoebe & Cole way better though, it's sad when I re-watch their scenes, all I think is that man I can't believe they don't end together after everything.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:
This.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:01 PM
Total Fan

Quote:

I'm curious on when Julian decided to leave? cause when you look at those first three episodes of Season 5, it seemed like we were going to have an angsty re-build with them.. and then I kind of felt that change a bit when 'Siren Song' episode came around... and then it kind of really set up for the Phoebe really hates Cole storyline.

I just don't try to be so criticial to the writers because I'm not really sure on all the backstage stuff. I wish they could've ended Phoebe & Cole way better though, it's sad when I re-watch their scenes, all I think is that man I can't believe they don't end together after everything.
I am very critical to the writers. No matter what went on behind the scenes, they could have given Phoebe and Cole a way better ending. Everything was retconned and so ooc.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I am very critical to the writers. No matter what went on behind the scenes, they could have given Phoebe and Cole a way better ending. Everything was retconned and so ooc.

I'm critical on how the writers made Phoebe & Cole relationship end, that's the only thing. I feel it could've been a way better closer which is why I would've been okay for their relationship to just end in 'Long Live the Queen'.

Everything was definitely OOC.
Old 03-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Master Fan

What is OOC?

Thanks for sharing that vid. Enjoyed it!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:02 PM
Total Fan

"Out Of Character".

Old 03-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ¨¨~ J Erlotiel L ~¨¨ (View Post)
What is OOC?

Thanks for sharing that vid. Enjoyed it!

Out of character, I thought you would've been heard of that a long time ago. lol
On one hand I think Phoebe was a bit out of character with her treatment of Cole, because she always believed in him... even during Season 3 when she didn't know him that well, she trusted his love for her was real and "pretending" to vanquish him. She always was the one to believe him, and try to get him away from that darkness. In 'All Hell Breaks Loose' she knew that Cole wasn't himself, so she did a spell to get the real Cole back, so in Season 5 for her to blame everything that happened on Cole was a very different tune because it wasn't all Cole, it was mostly the Source. Even after the vanquish, Cole told her she did the right thing by vanquishing him.

Now on the other hand, it did show Phoebe's growth as a character, that she wouldn't continually be naive and put her sisters life in danger because of her love for Cole. So she did whatever she had to do to push him out her life.

I just wish everything was handled better and they had a better closure.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Elite Fan

Closed Thread   Post New Thread