Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadorexme
Geez, USA Today has NO faith in us at all. They were doing their "voting for shows on the bubble" survey and they didn't even include AD. They put it in the dead category.
Here's a link to USA Today with an e-mail address listed there. You can tell them about AD

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...-our-shows.htm
Old 04-24-2005, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

From the Cincinnati Enquirer:

Quote:
'American Dreams' may not be dead

Odds are slim, but it may not be over for "American Dreams," says star Tom Verica.

The fact that NBC chose to run "Dreams" season-finale episode March 30 instead of a quickly produced alternative ending for the series bodes well.

In the cliffhanger, Meg Pryor (Brittany Snow) defied her father by riding off to California with her draft-dodger boyfriend on his motorcycle.

The 12-minute alternative ending takes place three years later. On the day of Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon, Meg returns home and faces her family.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:20 PM
Addicted Fan

That's good, i guess.

But if the show ends, i hope that we can see that ending somehow....maybe if they release a 3rd season DVD or something?

But man...they didn't have Meg return home for THREE YEARS?
Old 04-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

That would be interesting to see, even if we get a fourth season. I'd love to see everyone's reactions to seeing Meg again after so long.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Another short article:

Quote:
The 'Dream' Is Alive
12 April 2005 (StudioBriefing)
Actors appearing in NBC's American Dreams have taken as a good sign the fact that the network chose to run the originally planned season-finale episode on March 30, rather than a possible series finale variation that the producers had been asked to create to tie up the story lines, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported today (Tuesday). Star Tom Verica told the newspaper: "Our executive producer [Jonathan Prince] didn't want the alternate ending. He felt it would be the final nail in our coffin." Verica said that the cast was not informed until a week before the broadcast which ending would run. The network will officially announce the fate of the show, which is set in Philadelphia during the 1960s, in the fall, and, in the meantime, fans have launched an intensive "Save American Dreams" campaign. An NBC executive told the Inquirer that the show "has a shot, but it's a long shot."
Old 04-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Banned

thats sucks and i hate it
Old 04-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Master Fan

At least they didn't show the final conclusion. I'm clinging to that fact to give me hope.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Banned

dude im so sad right now
Old 04-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lizzie*
At least they didn't show the final conclusion. I'm clinging to that fact to give me hope.
Good for you; I wish I could be that optimistic!! Yea, this really sucks...

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
Old 04-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Banned

it does suck but AD is still up on the NBC site so were ok till they take it down
Old 05-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That sucks.......................
Old 05-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amusic20
Good for you; I wish I could be that optimistic!! Yea, this really sucks...
Well, my optimism has really taken a nosedive nowadays...
Old 05-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Passionate Fan

this soooo isn't fair at all!