Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-17-2006, 07:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wondering what may of been - Season 3 Discussion

Just replacing this thread.

Carry on!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

hmm, well no one has said anything.. LOL.. so did we ever find out any information on season 3? do we know what was going to happen?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

We did have some posts on this thread. However Fan Forum crashed back in April/May and we lost this thread.

I think for Season 3 we would of seen Joan deal with her relationship with Adam, college and Ryan Hunter.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wait a second, wasn't Joan going to be a Senior in high school though during season 3? (I always thought that in season 1 she was a sophomore, then season 2 she was a Junior.)

As for my other thoughts: I'm sure there woudl've been the whole Joan/Ryan conflict but also a Joan/Adam/Ryan conflict. It was evident that Adam likes Ryan and that Joan hates him so Adam would be stuck right in the middle.

And then I'm sure Helen would've done her whole confirmation thing and who knows, maybe she would find out about Joan's "special connection to the universe."
Emma♥Neal
Old 12-28-2006, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been watching Veronica Mars and may be getting confused in my old age
Old 01-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Passionate Fan

Is their a virtual season 3? I heard some stuff about it awhile back, but can't find anything now.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless01 (View Post)
Is their a virtual season 3? I heard some stuff about it awhile back, but can't find anything now.
Yes there is. Joan of Arcadia Virtual Season 3
Old 02-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

I was really sad when that kinda died... That's actually where I met Kim... Then I found my way over here.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAFreak (View Post)
I was really sad when that kinda died... That's actually where I met Kim... Then I found my way over here.
That's right

Now that Season 2 has been released on DVD. Any more thoughts of what you would of liked to of seen happen?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

I really wonder where the Ryan storyline would have went myself. Went was awesome in that part.

.icon.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can watch Went all day

The Ryan storyling I would of loved to of seen what came out of that.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was so looking forward to season 3 (like all of you were.) Yesterday on my half-day, I watched "Something Wicked this Way Comes" and that was such a great episode. All throughout I couldn't help but think 'why did the show have to get cancelled since it was heading in a cool direction?'

I was really looking forward to more of Kevin/Lily. Maybe Kevin doing more neuro-regeneration tests.

And then seeing more of Helen's prematory gift.

There were so many great things to come: like how Joan was going to form her "army" with the subdefectives and what Joan planned to do about Ryan; how she was getting prepared for her test.
Emma♥Neal
Old 02-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Master Fan

It was really coming to a head. It was almost as if this is what she was being prepared for or possibly this was the final exam so to speak.

.icon.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Season 2 was the downfall of JOA because it genuinely lost the focus of Joan and her connection to God which created "ripples" in the lives of others. From the brief glimpse we saw at the end of season 2 about what might happen in season 3, it just totally looked like it was going to be entirely different show. It was no longer what I loved about season 1 and simply tolerated in season 2.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In a way I think that was somewhat of a good thing. I mean sure it didn't have that true connection but I was looking forward to it heading in a new and fresh direction.

Here was Joan meeting someone who shared the same connection; proof that she wasn't alone and that there were others out there who talked to God. I was looking forward to that aspect because of that fact and then the fact that people listen to God and sometimes do things their own way; that is totally relatable in real life.

And not to mention that they were going to be starting Senior year as well. There had to be somewhat of a change on that aspect.

It's my opinion that the reason people started turning away from the show was because they no longer needed the post 9/11 band-aid any longer. For the first couple of years after the event happened people needed something to hold onto and this show came in (sure a couple of years later) but it came in nontheless and it was something that people could grasp, something for them to feel that God truly was there but once they got passed it all; once they were able to move on all they were able to see was that it was a show where a kid talks to God; nothing special.

Now my thoughts on this could be wrong but that's just how I've always viewed the situation.
Emma♥Neal