Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Total Fan

ok this was the best episode ever [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] i love it i was wee'ing around gg
it was just awsome *sigh*

im still a lil weird cuz i finished the epi a few minues ago gg
and why it means so much when we do.
Some hearts are more fragile than others. Purer somehow.
Like crystal in a world of glass, even the way they shatter is beautiful.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Master Fan

Ok, I have to agree... what a perfect episode. From the very beginning, with Rocky, I was bawling. Then I laughed and cried throughout the entire episode. I loved the end... that kiss was so sweet.

I love this show!!! Seriously, every new episode makes me love it more! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Alison

Keeper of Kris Lemche

"You have a boyfriend?" Hunter
"In a non-defined, non-conventional way... Yeah." Brian
Old 01-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Quick recap for someone who didn't see it? Haven't figured out the timer programming on my VCR and I was out.

Thanks. [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 01-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by last beautiful girl:
<STRONG>Can anyone give me a recap of the Kevin parts?</STRONG>
There is a little recap of the episode up here, with a paragraph up on the Kevin parts.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:53 PM
New Fan

I cant believe i missed this episode!!! Im so mad at myself right now. DOes anyone know when it will repeat or if i can download it from somewhere???
Old 01-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

you can try downloading the eps from supernova
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 01-10-2004, 08:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>Quick recap for someone who didn't see it? Haven't figured out the timer programming on my VCR and I was out.

Thanks. [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Dad Girardi- since he shut down the whole town he was kind of out of a job. He wanted to get a job somewhere else, but Helen convinced him to take a under sherriff job b/c Kevin had started to do so well in Arcadia. Later, Kevin convinced him not to take the job just for his sake. So, he took a detective job instead.

Kevin and Rebecca- He gave wheelchair basketball another chance, but got hurt during it. When at the hospital, Rebecca showed up and acted very concerned. Later, they both admitted there was a sexual tension b/t them. Kevin called up Bear to get some advice on wheelchair lovin'. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Adam and Joan- He was doing worse and everyone was noticing. Joan got hints from God etc that he was going to commit suicide. Grace told Joan that Adam's mom killed herself and left Adam a note that he's never read. Joan confronts Adam about it and he says he was afraid the note would say that the suiocide was his fault. He finally brings the letter to Joan's house and Helen reads it to him. His mom says that through it all, he was her joy. Sad scene. Later, at the science fair A/J hold hands and then kiss.

Luke/Grace- B/c of his dad's actions, the FBI takes Luke's computer which had his and Grace's science fair project on it. His geeky friends invite him to join their team, but he chooses instead to build some gun thing. At the science fair their thing makes a motor shoot through a water tank, which eventually leads to feathers being blown everywhere.

Rocky- Comes to Joan in a dream. She later finds out he died. Sad, but kind of funny funeral. His death makes Joan question life and death in general.

Hope that gives you a general idea of the eppy!
Old 01-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Addicted Fan

What can say about this episode other than I loved it and I want to frame it and put it in my room? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Grace? Rocks. She definitely had the best lines tonight, and her delivery is awesome. "Stop, stop, you're embarassing me with your dirty talk." "You told my father, the rabbi, that you wanted to spend the night with me building a gun." Hee.

I wasn't feeling the Grace/Luke so much before, but come on. Who wasn't rooting for them to kiss? Loved Luke's "You can't unring a bell."

Aww...Rocky. I love the kid who plays him. He's a child actor who actually doesn't act all cutesy and irritating.

Kevin...eh...I loved his look when he said "I'm on painkillers." Otherwise I still don't care much for him, although he's getting better. And I don't know whether I like him & Rebecca or not. Nice that he brought the sexual tension right out into the open, though, instead of letting it fester as one of those long-winded love/hate relationships.

Joan and Adam. Sigh. Happy sigh. I wasn't expecting a kiss at the end. But I LOVED IT. Just really, really perfect. Loved eeeeverything about this episode, really.

Except...Will. Still don't care about his job. Blah.

Oh. And geeky science girl is SO season 1/2 Willow.

icon credit
Old 01-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

posted by alli balli
Quote:
What can say about this episode other than I loved it and I want to frame it and put it in my room?
Thats a great idea

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 01-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I think if we all look back at this series a few seasons later, this will be the episodes that defines the series. The fact that they squeezed so many storylines of different characters (even undersherif Roebuck, who previously had a total of 20 lines) in such smooth transition.

The way the FBI investigation started by Will lead to Luke losing his PC leading to him working with Grace on the science fair project. Or the way Rocky's death lead to Joan meeting Adam at the cemetery then lead to her mother reading the letter. So manything shappened here, but the pacing was so absolutely perfect that you don't feel like they try to cram 10 storylines in one episode ... which they did.

You guys all mentioned my favourite moments already with the Kevin yelling at the hospital or the near-kiss between Grace and Luke, they're all so good. But one of the more memorable parts was how Joan mistaken the doctor as God. I always wonder if she accidently took some normal person as God (the pilot doesn't count, cuz she has yet to "know" God), and it's very funny and realistic to know that she can indeed make that kind of mistake.

You know it's funny people these people go to sleep, they think everything's fine, everything's good, they wake up the next day and they're on fire!

(You'll forever get my admiration if you know where the second quote came from!)
Old 01-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Extreme Fan

*sniffles* I cannot stop watching this episode! This is number one favorite next to the pilot... heck, enough denying on my part: It's number one overall!

For those wanting to know Elizabeth's letter to Adam (got it from JoA TVTome):

Quote:
"Dearest boy, my Adam,
I dreamed a dream. You and I facing each other and a tiny yellow boat on green water under blue sky. Me, my son, and a yellow boat, and we laugh, and the boat rocks, and the ripples spread from boat to pond to sea to sky and nothing can stop them and nothing ever will. When you think of me Adam, know that in a world of pain, you were and always will be, my joy.
Love, Mom"
[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

*sniff* The more I hear/read that letter, the more it gets to me. I love the way it was written, a little fractured with the sentences. But yeah, "Dearest boy" just guts my heart. [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] And I've decided that after this letter they should paint Joan's boat yellow. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

I took this episode to my friend's house for us to watch since they missed it last night. You have NO idea how hard it was to not reveal what happens with Joan and Adam. I literally screamed at my sister when she came in my room when I was replying to the J/A thread since it reveals the kiss in the thread title. I was like, "GET OUT!" as I covered the screen with my body. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
And my friend was so cute when Helen finishes the letter. She was like me and yelled at the tv, "HUG HIM! HUG ADAM!"

And I might rewatch the part where Joan gets 'the big picture' by Creepy God to hear what goes on. Don't you know my brain freaked out at the thought that all that happened after that was a dream or revelation of what could be. But common sense kicks in and I'm back to normal. *whew*
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 01-11-2004, 02:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
That exchange between Kevin and Adam... I thought it was sweet how Kevin wanted Adam to hear Joan out though...
Er...what exactly happened there?

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 01-11-2004, 03:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

Er...what exactly happened there?</STRONG>
I do believe that this was probably the first time ever for us to see a Freddy Vs. Jason reunion between Chris Marquette and Jason Ritter... right? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Anyway, basically, Kevin was working on the boat while Grace and Luke were talking about the science fair project. Adam came along w/ Grace on the assumption that Joan wasn't going to be there. Joan walks into the garage looking for Adam and wanting to talk about her dream about him. She was worried but Adam was like "I thought she wasn't going to be here" and started to storm out. Kevin, being big brother, though, grabbed Adam's arm and was like "Look, just do us all a favor and listen to Joan" Adam got defensive and said "Let go of my arm, yo." (he actually said that) Kevin said "No" not until he listens to Joan. A little power struggle happens, it happened fast so I'm assuming Adam shrugged Kevin off a bit harshly and Kevin fell out of his chair. Everyone rushes to help Kevin and Adam was like "I told you to let go of my arm" and runs out.

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:55 AM
Master Fan

Uh....okay, he's cute and all, but Adam's a bit of a jerk. Forgive me Barbara, for I have sinned. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Sorry. Kevin's my first love. Adam can wait in line with the rest of the fictional guys.

Edited, because yay!boat! Continuity!

[ 01-11-2004: Message edited last beautiful girl ]