Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Extreme Fan

[img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] They kissed, they kissed!!! [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] One of the tv couples I want to get together, actually do. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

the song is 'Time' by Chantal Kreviazuk. good gawd, someone PLEASE make a music vid out of this soon! we finally have good footage for it

[img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 01-09-2004, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Greatest episode ever. Totally loved it. I was so afraid that it was going to make me cry the whole time but the ending made me grin from ear to ear. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Extreme Fan

I really, really liked tonight's episode...one of the best so far.

* Love the interaction between Kevin and his boss and that the Bear pegged Kevin's fear about things getting sexual. Oh, and that Helen knew that Kevin had a crush on a girl because he was getting "vain." [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

* Was also laughing at Grace's line to Luke about how he called her rabbi father and asked if she could come over and spend the night making a gun with him. Heh.

* Joan asking the doctor for change: I was fooled by him too at first! And I really liked Nurse!God. I wanted her to reach out and hug Joan.

* When Helen was reading Adam's mother's note...that was just a great scene. I started crying at the mention of the little yellow boat, and then even harder with the ripples-mention. Everyone was stand-out in that scene -- AT, MS, but CM most of all.

* Great ending kissage for the Joan/Adam shippers.

I also thought the music used in this ep was great. "Across the Universe" heightened the emotion so much during Rocky's funeral and then again during the reading of Mrs. Rove's note.

And I was so happy that they used "Time" for the end montage -- a perfect choice. Love that song.
-[-*colormist*-]-
Old 01-09-2004, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

So I see many people beat me to it. Oh well. Ahhh!!! Great great great episode yo. Man, could we have asked for a better ending?? [img]smilies/kiss.gif[/img] Woooo. They kissed!! I'm still glowing, [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]. And he called her "Jane!!" No Joan, just Jane! Best episode ever!!!!!!!!! Also loved

*Luke and Grace-even though Luke blew his 2nd kiss with her, shoulda kept quiet buddy..
*Kevin-the hopsital scene was very funny
*Helen and Adam

I am still bouncing with joy. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well...I haven't watched the episode yet. I have it on tape but I had to watch the Canadian Figure Skating Championships and eat dinner. I'll watch in a little while and report back my feelings.

But I heard about the kiss and saw a small glimpse. Wow!

Totally didn't expect it.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-09-2004, 08:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

you guys, HOW do I get this idiot grin off my face?! i just can't stop it! i'm soooo glad i was alone when i watched this. inhibitions out the window at the end. [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

ok, i'm gonna try and talk about the other, less earth-shattering parts of the episode. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

i gotta admit, i wasn't sure if i was going to like this episode at first. although my heart did a little flip-flop when adam said "jane" in the mirror. but it sure scared the crap out of me. i didn't want my adam to hurt himself. and rocky....sweet, morbid rocky. they just had to make him extra cute in death, didn't they.

the funeral scene felt a bit....awkward. i mean, i'm glad joan was able to lighten things up, but it still felt really out of character. the toilet remark was cute, however. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] oh, and playing fiona apple's cover of 'across the universe' got major brownie points. love that cover, even more than the original.

but it was painful, oh so painful to see how awful adam was in the garage with kevin! they're really both to blame, i just hate seeing adam that way. but bringing things back to kevin, it was great seeing him happy again. i've never seen the boy smile so much. and this girl was devilishly grinning when they wheeled his hospital gown self right towards the camera. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img] and omg, his ranting about all the women he's satisfied with his family in the door! *howls* it was so funny having him call bear for "advice". and i still can't get over how much sydney (rebecca) looks like her father...sidney. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] not a bad face to take after. i've crushed on mr. sidney poitier for a long time. [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]

ah, grace and luke, the underdogs. loved their little "moment" pulling the all-nighter. luke is so freakin' funny when he's acting like a boy and not a geek.

joan and adam. adam and joan. *squees* but for serious, i was so afraid adam was going to continue with his wall between him and joan onto the next episode. joan's explanations never seem good enough for him to accept and i usually agree with him. it was interesting to see her take such force this time. like that was the only way she could get through to adam and to get him to listen. but you know my heart just coiled up and cried when adam said he was afraid it was his fault. *chin starts quivering* my poor, poor boy who's been carrying this fear for 3 lonely years.

and then when he shows up at joan's house with the note. and helen reads it so it sounds like it's coming from his mother. then adam starts to cry (a beautiful and heartbreaking performance), joan starts to cry, helen starts to cry....i start to cry. then finally...FINALLY my adam gets a hug. i have been wanting someome to take this sweet boy in their arms and hold him and make him physically feel love and comfort. bless you helen!!! course, i really did scream at the tv when joan didn't offer her arms to adam afterwards, but then...i didn't think we'd be getting that ending.

ah yes, THE ending. and i gotta send some love to supernova for letting me download the episode all day so i can watch all these parts over again as i type this. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] again, amber looked bee-yoo-tee-ful with her hair down and curled. and adam finally had that cloud lifted from his face so we could again see that sweet, childlike expression. when joan took his hand i forgot how to breathe and shared helen's expression of "yay!".

the kiss. the kiss. THE KISS! you could tell it was coming when they were back in the frame. they both did the stop-lock-and-walk that i'm too familiar with. and adam steps a bit closer and gently touches her elbow as his other hand covers her stomach as they *both* lean in. again, sweetest. kiss. ever. we get the bonus of slow-mo as their lips finally touch and i'm beyond heaven. i'm in god's attic, for cryin' out loud!

ok, i'm done. hope you enjoyed my moment of pure dorkdom. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
this a prince song. the lyrics don't make much sense, but then again, neither does prince, does he? little man, symbol man, little ass, lots of women. he's like an elf - a sex elf, making fudgy sex cookies.

Matt Nathanson
Old 01-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

That Kiss was amazing, so sweet! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
(I'm Canadian so I get to see it at 8 on CBS and 9 on CTV, I'll be seeing the kiss again in 15 minutes!)

Letting out the noise inside of me
Old 01-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

thought you got rid of me, eh? just dropping of the 'Time' lyrics so you can read how great they are for these two:

Time, where did you go?
Why did you leave me here alone?
Wait, don’t go so fast
I’m missing the moments as they pass
Now I’ve looked in the mirror and the worlds getting clearer
So wait for me this time
I’m down I’m down on my knees I’m begging for all your sympathy
But you (I’m just an illusion) you don’t seem to care (I wish that I could)
You humble people everywhere (I don’t mean to hurt you)
Now I’ve looked in the mirror and the worlds getting clearer
I’ll take what you give me. please know that I’m learning
So wait for me this time
I should’ve know better
I shouldn’t have wasted those days
And afternoons and mornings
I threw them all away
Now this is my time
I’m going to make this moment mine.
(I shouldn’t have wasted those days)
I’ll take what you give me. please know that I’m learning
I’ve looked in the mirror
My world’s getting clearer
So wait for me this time

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] i love how they made the kiss on those last few verses. so perfect.

Matt Nathanson
Old 01-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Can anyone give me a recap of the Kevin parts?

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 01-09-2004, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMFG!!!!!!!! [img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img] I am so freakin out right out. I just got done watching Joan and oh my! I loved it! I am so giddy and excited right now, I was so happy when he called her Jane and than the ending was just beautiful. I like kept rewinding and watching that scene over and over. The kiss was just great! Are they like a couple now or was it just the heat of the moment or what? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I cant get over that kiss [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
My LJ
Old 01-09-2004, 09:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NutMeg82:
<STRONG>my heart did a little flip-flop when adam said "jane" in the mirror. but it sure scared the crap out of me.

the funeral scene felt a bit....awkward. i mean, i'm glad joan was able to lighten things up, but it still felt really out of character. the toilet remark was cute, however. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] oh, and playing fiona apple's cover of 'across the universe' got major brownie points. love that cover, even more than the original.

his ranting about all the women he's satisfied with his family in the door! *howls*

helen reads it so it sounds like it's coming from his mother. then adam starts to cry (a beautiful and heartbreaking performance), joan starts to cry, helen starts to cry....i start to cry. then finally...FINALLY my adam gets a hug.

when joan took his hand i forgot how to breathe and shared helen's expression of "yay!".

the kiss. the kiss. THE KISS! sweetest. kiss. ever. we get the bonus of slow-mo as their lips finally touch and i'm beyond heaven. </STRONG>
Didn't he call her Jane when he brought the letter? I'm going to have to go back and check.

I think the funeral scene needed to be awkward. Rocky was a little odd in life, so why should his personality eminate from his funeral. And it gave comfort to his mother, who knew all that Joan was saying was true. Fiona Apple was perfect for that moment though. I was happy.

I loved "this is a weird and creepy look for you."

I watched the episode with my father and we both just fell off the couch howling when they sharp cut to Girardis in the doorway. That was one of the funniest things I think I have ever seen.

I've always sort of thought that Helen wanted to be the mother Adam doesn't have anymore. Her reading of the letter was heartbreaking. I didn't think that Joan's non hug was a bad thing. I don't think Adam would have really know what to do at that point. He needed motherly comfort, not comfort from the girl he likes. And besides, he already knew how much she cared because of her coming to him the night before and her elbow squeeze during the reading. And I love how Helen smiled when she saw Adam and Joan holding hands at the science fair.

And then the kiss. Slo Mo. Feathers. It was perfect. Just so delicious, classic movie style kissing. Adam has some marvelous lips on him. Yum yum.

I don't know. I think I may have to watch it again and squee some more. I don't have it out of my system yet.

Squee! Squee! Squee! Squee! Squee! Squee! Squee!
Old 01-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Part-Time Fan

I absolute loved this episode. I thought that they were never going to be friends again, but I guess he saw that she really cared when she pratically saved his life.
Old 01-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Obsessed Fan

Best. Episode. Ever.

I loved it. You guys already mentioned everything that was great about it.

Bravo! [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

I can't wait to see how they top this! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2004, 10:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

HOLY MACKEREL... [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

I watched the episode just now. Wow...so much learning is being done. Growing up too.

I LOVED the show!

And the kiss...OMG!

I think the funeral speech was appropriate given how Rocky was. And the type of kid he was.

And do I see Kevin finally achieving some progress. I like it!

Luke and Grace...OMG! And that end scene with the project. They totally took the burden off Joan of having made the biggest mess in school. It was so funny!

And then how they ended with Joan and Adam. Double Wow!

I like that the father is getting back in the detective business.

All in all, 9/10 on my rating scale!
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!