Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2018, 09:25 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
Yeah Chuck got what he deserved.
Absolutely! Funny thing is, I didn't like the guy in riverdale, but I kinda liked him in Black Lightning, now it's backwards
Arien Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Chuck suffered more than any other football player when they all did the same crime. But he's the one who's trying for redemption...not any of the other guys. Combined with the fact that he's the only black character on the team...
Betty took it too far, as Veronica even knew and she wasn't even one of his victims.
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I didnt like that they made one of the only black characters the villain. So I am glad they are giving him a redemption arc. I just hope it sticks and he doesnt regress back to that ass.

Betty did take it too far, but initially she was just trying to scare him a bit. But I dont necessarily think she needs to apologize. Chuck was a sleaze and IMO deserved to be scared a bit.

But now that Chuck is trying to be better I don't think anyone needs to treat him like crap anymore. And it seems with Veronica's statement that they wont.

If anyone needs to apologize I think it should be Cheryl, because that was after everything happened and when Chuck really was trying to be better. He had something going with Josie too that Cheryl essentially ruined.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Betty did take it too far, but initially she was just trying to scare him a bit. But I dont necessarily think she needs to apologize. Chuck was a sleaze and IMO deserved to be scared a bit.
She took it too far from the get go. Drugging him. Put a black man in chains (handcuffs)
This show needs to be called out about this anti-blackness (marginalized Josie as well). If not, then they'll never learn or assume that it's all ok, when it's not and it's disgusting.
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

What she did was too far regardless if he was black or not. She very clearly lost her mind in that moment, but i think they were trying to say it "wasnt her" and it was "dark betty".

I still dont think she needs to apologize though. He was disgusting towards women and deserved to be scared. Hell, maybe part of what betty did to him is what caused him to want to shape up.

I do agree about the representation though. Josie in particular deserves so much more.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:52 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Yeah I didnt like that they made one of the only black characters the villain. So I am glad they are giving him a redemption arc. I just hope it sticks and he doesnt regress back to that ass.

But now that Chuck is trying to be better I don't think anyone needs to treat him like crap anymore. And it seems with Veronica's statement that they wont.

If anyone needs to apologize I think it should be Cheryl, because that was after everything happened and when Chuck really was trying to be better. He had something going with Josie too that Cheryl essentially ruined.
I didn't think of it as they were making 1 of the only black characters a villain, though most of the other anti-heroes on this show are or were white before they died such as Cliff & what seems like most of his family. I just figured that Chuck was a jerk that happened to not be white.

Archie's license plate had ''Riverdale'' as the place named on it, so I guess that town is a state too. I mean that was odd. If Riverdale could be anywhere in the world where would you want it at? I'd pick somewhere nobody would expect. Like Nova Scotia.

I was surprised to see Chic. I hope that everything works out with him & his family somehow.

Also I didn't expect Betty & Veronica to be dancing with each other while holding hands as I saw them do. They didn't hug or kiss each other which would've been quite shocking. Overall the singing was fine, though I don't need to hear it again.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Chuck suffered more than any other football player when they all did the same crime. But he's the one who's trying for redemption...not any of the other guys. Combined with the fact that he's the only black character on the team...
Betty took it too far, as Veronica even knew and she wasn't even one of his victims.
See as much as I think Chuck deserved it, I do agree with the representation thing. I wish that there was better character development for the whole cast. Betty is being written to be crazy is guess? I am not sure what the writers are doing. I like the actor who plays Chuck . I would like to see him stick around.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 01:48 PM

I don't even remember him much in the Archie comics I've read. Usually it was Reggie portrayed as the jerk or perhaps Cheryl's brother. Of course they still weren't quite as mean as people are portrayed to be on this show.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

One of the songs is still stuck in my head.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't think of it as they were making 1 of the only black characters a villain, though most of the other anti-heroes on this show are or were white before they died such as Cliff & what seems like most of his family. I just figured that Chuck was a jerk that happened to not be white.
But you cant said "this person was white, and this person was white, and they were villains!" because there are an abundance of white people on the show. There are not an abundance of black people on the show. I mean, I see what you are saying, I don think the writers intentionally did that, but it just looks bad.

Quote:
If Riverdale could be anywhere in the world where would you want it at? I'd pick somewhere nobody would expect. Like Nova Scotia
I thought it was New York? Didn't Jughead or someone say something about rockland county?
Old 05-04-2018, 01:24 PM

I don't know. The only actual city I know of that was mentioned on the show is Chicago. I don't remember Jughead mentioning that.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

well i dont remember jughead specifically but i read it was mentioned in the pilot. I assume jughead said it because he was the narrator. Id have to rewatch though. it does make sense though, because veronica is from new York and it would make sense shed be coming from nyc to a smaller NY town.
Reply   Post New Thread