Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2017, 03:23 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Well that's a good question, because I'd assume that Cheryl's dad has life insurance, but since his death was as far as I know a suicide that might not matter. Would you stay in Riverdale if you were them after what just happened? I'd think that people in Riverdale would wonder about how that fire to that I guess it's a mansion started.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:05 AM
Elite Fan

Just watched the episode.

I definetly got vibes that Archie was into Betty this episode. I think he really likes Veronica but he strikes me as the type who's always going to be more interested by what he doesn't have. I hope that it's quickly dropped next season as I love Veronica and Archie together especially the last few episodes.

Poor Archies dad. I hope he's ok but the narration over him being shot about the town losing its last sense of innocence or whatever it was makes me think it's not a good sign. I really really hope I'm wrong.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 03:39 PM

I think he likes Veronica too since he slept with her already. Who do you think shot Fred?
Old 05-14-2017, 08:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I think he likes Veronica too since he slept with her already. Who do you think shot Fred?
I bet it is a person hired by Hirem since Fred wouldn't sell his part of the business.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still confused why they left their suicidal friend alone to go to a town event and then had milkshakes and acted as if their friend didn't try to kill herself a few hours prior. This is not how you write suicide and the aftermath.

It definitely seemed like Archie was hung up on Betty but it seemed more like he wished she was still into him, so she'd always be a safe option for him. Don't think he's really into her, just the idea of being her boyfriend.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I'm still confused why they left their suicidal friend alone to go to a town event and then had milkshakes and acted as if their friend didn't try to kill herself a few hours prior. This is not how you write suicide and the aftermath.
lol As a psychologist, I couldn't believe this. It's not like she had a loving mother to go home to either, just the opposite. She would absolutely hop along to the next opportunity to act out because that's what she was doing, she was in pain and needed to express it. Thankfully they stopped the suicide attempt but they are lucky she didn't try a second attempt the second they left her and went on their happy merry way.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
It definitely seemed like Archie was hung up on Betty but it seemed more like he wished she was still into him, so she'd always be a safe option for him. Don't think he's really into her, just the idea of being her boyfriend.
Yep!

And Hiram definitely had a hand in Fred getting shot. He doesn't like him and he wants him away from his wife and out of the way.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
lol As a psychologist, I couldn't believe this. It's not like she had a loving mother to go home to either, just the opposite. She would absolutely hop along to the next opportunity to act out because that's what she was doing, she was in pain and needed to express it. Thankfully they stopped the suicide attempt but they are lucky she didn't try a second attempt the second they left her and went on their happy merry way.
Well I didn't even think of them as friends of Cheryl's. Frenemies perhaps instead. It was strange though, especially that house being set on fire after Cheryl was saved. I'd not heard of someone doing that shortly after attempting suicide before.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Even if they aren't friends, they should have brought her to a hospital if they planned on going to the jubilee. Don't just leave her alone. Or Veronica could have told her mother that Cheryl tried to kill herself, so she would keep an eye on her. But they needed her to burn her house down, so that's how we got that messy story line.

Quote:
She would absolutely hop along to the next opportunity to act out because that's what she was doing, she was in pain and needed to express it. Thankfully they stopped the suicide attempt but they are lucky she didn't try a second attempt the second they left her and went on their happy merry way.
This was really irresponsible writing. Suicide stories are always difficult to write but it seemed like they just wanted to have a shocking moment and the rest trying to desperately save her. Archie breaking through the ice with his bare hands was also ridiculous.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Karma Police is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

The writers said that Sabrina the Teenage Witch was in the very last episode,but I didn't see her at all.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:45 PM

It's news to me if they said that, but no I don't remember seeing her at all this season. Perhaps she would be out of place with the dark tone of this show. What do you think? Who would you want to show up as Sabrina the Teenage Witch in Riverdale? Perhaps a meaner one than Melissa Joan Hart portrayed.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

She was in the episode?
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
The writers said that Sabrina the Teenage Witch was in the very last episode,but I didn't see her at all.
Huh?

I'll need to rewatch and see if there's someone I haven't noticed before.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

I missed it .
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think they were pulling your leg.

Anyways, I FINISHED MY REWATCH YOU GUYSSSSS. I cant believe i did it so quickly but the episodes are addicting. I feel prepared for season 2 though! And now I really only have to wait a little over a month. So excited!

It was a GREAT episode. JAM packed and a lot of stuff happening, which I enjoyed, but at the same time I hope they take more of a breather next season and slow down with storylines just a bit. There was just a lot that happened and I think some plots needed more focus. Like Cheryl's suicide plot, Jughead at Southside and Betty apparently having a brother. Holy moly.

I'm glad that V/A are finally out in the open and love even more that Betty was fine with it and didn't have much of a reaction. She loves Juggie. (And the VA scene was great but I want more of them next season!) I do think they were making it seem like Archie had feelings for Betty throughout the episode, but I am hoping that was done just to throw people off and make them THINK that maybe he still liked her, but then his scene with Veronica he debunked those questions. Also the deleted scene where he says "CHOCOLATE" definitively I think is the writers way of closing that chapter (At least for now). That VA scene before the performance was amazing, I loved the soulmate talk and the kiss. It was a really sweet scene. V playing with his ear was really cute. And I really enjoyed their ending scene as well. Maybe a bit fast to have sex already but I don't think its out of character for either of them so I was okay with it. Plus Archie's whole smile the morning after was so cute.

I enjoyed Cheryl this episode a lot. Her storyline was by far the most interesting to me. I just wish she had gotten a bit more focus but I am hoping next season that her suicide attempt will extended on. Her lighting the house was nuts. . I did love the whole scene in the ice though with Archie saving her. That was a great moment. The gang just sort of abandoning her after that felt weird though. But maybe V thought her mom was going to keep a better eye on her? IDK.

Speaking of Hermione, her plot with Fred is a snooze. Really could care less about that now amongst everything else.

BUGHEAD asdfdsfdsf. There were amazing the entire episode. They are just one of the best things about the series imo. They just fit together and are so sweet together. I loved Betty standing up for FP. And I loved her telling Jughead that he belonged in Riverdale. It was a very hot scene when they said their I Love You's and started making out. Too bad they got interrupted. But the final scene with the jacket was great.

Despite my issues I do think it was the best episode of the series thus far just based on everything that happened and how things were set up for next season. . My other top episodes were probably 110 (jugheads party), 102 (the football game), 108 and 111. My least favorite episodes of the season were probably 105, 109, 107 and 106. The rest fall in the middle. But tbh I thought every episode was strong! Hope I enjoy season 2 as much.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread