Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2017, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the video link! Reggie hitting on a pregnant Polly? No wonder it got deleted.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:01 PM
Absolute Fan

That was a really great - and really crazy - finale. I've previously described the series as a Noir version of One Tree Hill, but this episode really drove home the similarities between the two series pretty much from beginning to end, but particularly in terms of the developments/potential obstacles introduced for Archie, Veronica, Betty, and Jughead, Cheryl's decision to torch Thorn Hill, and Fred being shot.

I don't know about anybody else, but I really like the idea of Jughead being a member of the South Side Serpents, even if I don't want it to cause drama between him and Betty.

I thought it was kind of funny that both Veronica and Archie felt the need to keep checking on Betty to make sure she was actually ok with them starting a relationship, but it also felt very true-to-life and understandable given what had happened earlier in the season and the darker elements of Betty's personality that had come to light.

I'm glad Fred didn't capitulate to Hermione trying to buy him out, even though it likely contributed directly to him getting shot. I'm also even more intrigued to see Hiram actually showing up in Season 2, since I have a feeling he could end up being this show's version of Dan Scott, which is an OTH character analogue the series didn't really have this season.

I liked that we got some follow-up to F.P.'s comment about hearing Hal and Alice fighting the night of their Homecoming dance AND the scene between Hal and Alice after she found out about him trying to have Polly abort her pregnancy (which still doesn't make all that much sense, to be honest, even when you take into account the fact that there's major lingering animosity stretching back to the schism that resulted in the establishment of the Cooper family line).

I wish they would've made it clear what the age difference between Betty and Polly is, although I did like that they had Polly come back to school (concretely establishing that she's still of HS age), and I'm hoping we end up seeing more of her in a normal HS environment next season, at least for a while.

It's going to be really interesting seeing what happens to Cheryl and Penelope now that Cheryl's rendered them homeless in fiery and dramatic fashion, and what, if any, changes in personality/persona we end up seeing from both of those characters going forward.

I liked that Josie changed her mind about singing Archie's song, although I do think they need to give her - and Melody and Valerie as well - more to do that doesn't revolve around her music, otherwise she's kind of useless as a Series Regular.

It's going to be really hard waiting to see what happens to Fred, but I can't wait to be able to go back and rewatch the series, either through streaming services or on DVD, and it'll be interesting to see if there's anything that leaps out at me upon a second watch-through now that I know how things end up.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
I liked that Josie changed her mind about singing Archie's song, although I do think they need to give her - and Melody and Valerie as well - more to do that doesn't revolve around her music, otherwise she's kind of useless as a Series Regular.
Well that's the real problem, isn't it? The main focus is on the big four - Archie, Jughead, Betty, and Veronica. Josie and the Pussycats may have originated in Archie comics, but they're more well known for their solo cartoons where Josie is the redhead, Melody is the blonde, and Valerie is the only African American character. Those stories were always set outside of Riverdale, with them traveling around the world, or even into outer space. While I appreciate what the show is doing with them, they don't really fit into the dynamic of the story all that well. They treated Archie's relationship with Valerie as a throwaway plotline.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 05-11-2017 at 09:23 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

FP won't give names and tells Sheriff clueless that the Serpents aren't responsible for the drugs.

Penelope Blossom is cold as ice. What she said to Cheryl both times was pretty harsh. She truly is a heartless witch.

Veronica isn't happy about her dad coming home and I can't say I blame her. I mean he did threat her.

The mayor is something else, that's all I'm going to say.

I just don't like Sheriff Keller. He gets under my skin.

The Coopers aside from Betty like to pretend nothing's happened.

Finally, Archie and Veronica or rather V come clean to Betty about their involvement.

The ostracizing of Jug and FP continues.

I have a strong feeling that the triangle between V/A/B will happen again at some point in time given the small scene that took place between Betty and Archie.

Hermione is making decisions left and right. I can't believe she told Fred that she and Hiram wanted to buy him out. His reaction expressed my sentiments exactly. He looked highly upset and defeated all at once and I have a strong sense that he still really cares for her even after her betrayal. Hermione is a whole other person when it comes to her husband and I think Hiram brings that change out in her. I wish V would tell her about daddy dearest threatening her.

Loving Joise's blue braids.

Cheryl made Veronica the captain of the river vixens which I didn't see coming .

Poor Jug! This guy can never catch a break. He has a caseworker who wants to move him from the Andrews and place him with a family from the south side. How much change do one person have to go through?

Nice scene between Archie and FP.

I also loved the scene with Veronica and Jughead. I'm game with them becoming close friends. I also have a strong feeling that these two might date at some point and I don't know how to feel about it.

Seems like Cheryl is getting her affairs in order. V is the only one who is noticing.

Betty was warned by her parents not to publish that article on supporting FP. She was left a sweet little message in exchange.

Hermione is definitely on my ***** list. She actually wanted Veronica to jeopardize her relationship with Archie in order to get him to talk his dad into selling out. If Hiram's the godfather, then she's the godmother. She's shady like her husband. Of course Fred and Hiram won't get along and I can't wait!

Go Betty, confront mama Cooper. Alice does have skeletons in her closet.
What, there's a brother Cooper out there? Things keep getting interesting in the Cooper family.

I just have to say I love Veronica sense of humor. I also loved how she and Archie can express their feelings in the open now without having to fear Betty's reaction to them being together.

Poor Cheryl, trying kill herself to be with Jason, but she's going crazy torching Thornhill like that.

Loved the song that the Archie and the pussycats performed.

God I love Fred Andrews, especially what he said to Hermione. He said she's at a crossroads and I feel like these two still have feelings for one another. Hiram won't be happy. She's definitely trying to protect Fred against Hiram.

Wow, that love scene between Archie and Veronica was incredibly hot. They never lack chemistry.

Jughead just embraced being a Serpent and I shook my head.

That ending though, I hope Fred isn't dead. Hiram did it.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes this show is similar to Twin Peaks but the finale was still pretty good. I liked the Archie & Veronica scenes! Omg poor Fred got shot. I hope he lives and glad my fav girl Cheryl was saved by Archie. Damn Archie turning into hulk and bleeding all over to save wow! OMG Wow Cheryl is going crazy! it by burning Thon Hill ugh bad memories there buh bur! Now let's see what s2 brings for Cheryl and her evil mean damn mom now!

Last edited by quin0611; 05-11-2017 at 10:38 PM
quin0611 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:40 PM
Master Fan

Read on Twitter that KJ Apa broke his hand doing the ice scene.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really good finale but man, everything moves so fast.

I was glad to get more Josie but I agree, she needs more to do than just sing. I wish that Kevin had more to do too but maybe next season.

I thought the A/V reveal was super anti-climatic. The show just tries to push things out so quickly. Betty had zero reaction. LOL. Archie’s little looks to Betty didn’t make me happy at all but I know they are going to go there with them at some point so I will just try to forget about it for now. But I hope it will come back to J/B and V/A.

The VA scenes were adorable and loved their sex scene, so hot!

I really enjoyed the jughead and veronica scene!

Jughead protecting Betty was really sweet and I really loved all of their scenes. It was kinda cool seeing jughead doing well at the other school. Their ending scene was great.

WHY TF did Valerie not even have a reaction to VA together? LOL.

core 4 at the diner.

HOT DOG! OMG. and jug as a sergeant? Ehhhh. That jacket scene was sort of creepy.

Cheryl's stuff was sad. Everyone going out to get her in the ice was an awesome scene. Archie breaking the ice and his blood eek! It was great watching him save and carry her. Poor madalaine in that ice water.

THE ENDING SCENE WTF FREDDDDDDD. He's not really gonna be dead is he? WTF. Poor Archie, he is really going to struggle with this.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-11-2017 at 11:05 PM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

The good:
- “I appreciate the righteous indignation Betty, I do.” Same here, my son.
- “Why are you crying? You hated him.” Lol.
- Josie had lines. Entire 1.5 but still. And I continue to love her hair. (See, another reason for the Josie/Cheryl ship to happen. They’d be the couple with the best hair. And Josie totally let Archie sing with her because of Cheryl. Again. They’re in love.)
- Veronica/Jughead had a solo scene. Sort of.
- Cheryl apologizing to Jughead. The brooch thing was cute and funny. And very Cheryl.
- Cheryl burning her house down. I’m gonna miss it for the aesthetics tho. Hope they keep the gothic heroine aspects of Cheryl next season regardless. It’s pretty to look at and relatively amusing.
- We had Alice being Alice. Granted in small doses but Alice being Alice is always good. That scene with Betty and Polly before she tells Betty about the prom fight cracked me up.
- Idk if it was deliberate or not but Melody did not smile back at Archie during the song? Points for Melody. I’m going to imagine she was thinking “What does 80% of female population in this school even see in this dude?”

The bad:
- “I don’t care if we don’t pass Bechdel test” or whatever that line went. This show tries so hard to sound cool and self-aware. It’s forced and cringe-worthy most of the times. But the show’s “wit” is nowhere near as bad as it was in the pilot. Either that or I just got numb.
- Could the Andrews family be more of a snoozefest? At first I appreciated what a nice relationship the two of them have, but now I just wanna sleep whenever they’re on screen. I don’t want Fred to die but I would appreciate if their scenes went back to being watchable. Less melodrama/pathetic atmosphere. More friendly father/son relationship.
- I hope they bring back the friendliness between Veronica and Hermione too. It’s ok if they clash at times, but I get the (maybe wrong) impression they’ve done nothing but clash lately. And Hermione has not been a very sympathetic character lately. I also hope they bring back the more likeable sides of her character eventually.
- Hermione/Fred scenes. More snooze. So did not miss those.
- Riverdale High and South Side High are both ott and cliché. With that said, I’d much rather watch a show about the latter than the former. Pity they aren’t our protagonists.
- Stop Archie from singing 2k17. Also, spare us school party scenes in general next season.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
Yes this show is similar to Twin Peaks but the finale was still pretty good.
Thank you! I was hoping someone other than myself would notice. Not only do both shows start off with a murder mystery involving a dead teen found in a river(Laura Palmer in Twin Peaks and Jason Blossom in Riverdale), but both shows also have a drug trafficking ring - Benjamin Horne and the drug/prostitution business running out of One Eyed Jack's, and the Clifford Blossom transporting heroin via their maple syrup trucks. And season one of Twin Peaks ends with Dale Cooper getting shot and season one of Riverdale ends with Fred Andrews getting shot.

And did anyone notice Jughead's Scooby Doo reference during his opening monologue about Clifford Blossom's plan to kill his son, Jason, and frame FP for it to cover up his illegal heroin trafficking operation? "And he would've gotten away with too, it if it wasn't for a group of pesky kids who uncovered the truth."
Old 05-12-2017, 01:41 AM
Master Fan

There is some speculation that (the line "Something Wicked this Way Comes") Sabrina (the Teenage Witch) is coming to Riverdale in season 2.

I loved Sabrina when I was a kid especially her tv series. So I'm definitely going to watch this show if she comes to town.

I really need to watch Twin Peaks again.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:14 AM
New Fan

Predictions for Season 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
There is some speculation that (the line "Something Wicked this Way Comes") Sabrina (the Teenage Witch) is coming to Riverdale in season 2.

I loved Sabrina when I was a kid especially her tv series. So I'm definitely going to watch this show if she comes to town.

I really need to watch Twin Peaks again.

I'd be interested to see if that speculation is actually true! Marisol Nichols (Hermione Lodge) teases season 2's mysteries in this article: 'Riverdale' Interview: Marisol Nichols Teases New Mysteries for Season 2
rachelmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
And did anyone notice Jughead's Scooby Doo reference during his opening monologue about Clifford Blossom's plan to kill his son, Jason, and frame FP for it to cover up his illegal heroin trafficking operation? "And he would've gotten away with too, it if it wasn't for a group of pesky kids who uncovered the truth."
loved that line

i too loved when cheryl apologized to jughead.

Id like to see more of South Side as well!

No Sabrina for me lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

yes loved the scooby reference. did you also hear the Hereos reference "save the cheerleader save the world" line?
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 03:00 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
Yes this show is similar to Twin Peaks but the finale was still pretty good. I liked the Archie & Veronica scenes! Omg poor Fred got shot. I hope he lives and glad my fav girl Cheryl was saved by Archie. Damn Archie turning into hulk and bleeding all over to save wow! OMG Wow Cheryl is going crazy! it by burning Thon Hill ugh bad memories there buh bur! Now let's see what s2 brings for Cheryl and her evil mean damn mom now!
It is similar to Twin Peaks in that it revolved around a murder mystery, but Twin Peaks had a bigger cast & many more characters. Also The F.B.I. got involved pretty much right away I think in the murder investigation of Laura Palmer on that show.

I will say ''Riverdale'' could use some comic relief once in a while in it's episodes, which is something that did happen on ''Twin Peaks''. For example instead of Betty just saying ''We kissed'' while talking with Archie to Veronica she could have said ''We kissed and the next thing I know, I'm pregnant!'' Now there's no way I think Betty would've expected that I'd say, especially just from kissing, which is why I think it'd have been funny instead of always seemingly have a dark & dreadful tone to the show.

Anyway, I'm surprised that Betty doesn't seem to think that people are allowed to have secrets. Now I know in Riverdale people have dark secrets, but they still are allowed to them as that's not in itself a crime.

No matter how much I'd miss Cheryl on this show if she did would have died or does at some point, judging by how Cheryl has acted up until this episode I wouldn't be surprised if saving her life comes back to bite Archie in his ass somehow & perhaps his friends as well. If not then Cheryl will have changed I think.

Speaking of friends I was surprised that Cheryl has Veronica phone number, because they as far as I know are not friends & if I recall during a certain party they each said mean & perhaps vicious things to each other, but she calls Veronica anyway before attempting suicide. I didn't expect that or her to commit arson which is a crime, so where is she going to live I wonder? Her mom could rat on her & tell the cops about the fire I suppose.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

The ultimate cliffhanger He was hanging yes. Skeet just looks right behind bars .
I love that Betty and Archie are friends with no issues. Veronica wanting to tell Betty, was awesome. She is a great friend. Betty is with Jug now . I hope this stays this way. The cafeteria scene made me dizzy .Archie talking to Betty was great Betty is such a crusader . Cheryl being told her family was cursed was horrible.
Cheryl giving up the cheerleading thing was sad.

Yay Josie! Missed her. Short scene.. Betty and her parents... They are allergic to the truth.

Why is social services there? Where is his mother? A foster home for Jug? Fred got a DUI that nobody knows about?

Veronica and Jug scene? The social pariah .

Betty being called serpent s.lut?

Jug and Betty walking in the snow.. Amazing. They are perfection.

Will Herimone ever stop?

Betty and her mom fighting? Love seeing her stand up to her mom. Betty has a brother? Oh I bet it's FPs. Drama season two.

Random - but I want Cheryl's bed .

Jug is popular in bizarro Riverdale.

Cheryl suicide? Jumping into cold water is one slow way to do it. Why are they all strong enough to punch through ice? .

How come blood from his hand didn't get on her face?

Veronica serving the suicide case liquor? Classic.

Veronica being jealous of Betty? Archie growing up? So Valarie doesn't care this week? No reaction to Archie and Veronica? Interesting.

Jug and FP in jail. That scene was amazing. They are in a better place.

The pussy cat song was bad.

You serve it Betty Cooper. She slayed that speech. Archie one hand clapping was great . I don't know, it made me laugh.

Cheryl burning down the house? What about all the wigs? Where are they going to live?

Everyone is getting down. Serious chemistry all around. Aww coitus interruptus. The serpents are at the door. Jug is a serpent now? He gets a jacket ? Need to see him on a motorcycle. Betty doesn't look happy.

Why when mrs. Blossom attacks Cheryl, she only hits her hair?

Yay, pops! Uh-on,pops is getting attacked. Fred is just sitting there? Bang. Poor Fred. I think he will live, but I feel Hiram is behind it.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread