Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode! Lots of drama and angst.

Cheryl and Veronica are my girls even fueding vool we saw Dark Betty.

Good Archie and Veronica scenes and Betty Jughead scenes.

Val saying Archie was a hot mess threw me off to they barley had scenes as a couple but yes I'm glad she didn't take him back but that line threw me off.

Yay Molly Ringwald is Archie's mom.

Last edited by quin0611; 04-14-2017 at 06:45 AM
quin0611 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
In the middle of watching...so I'll get the negative out of the way first....the show has a real problem with their treatment of characters...the only black male is the show's sole sexual predator (and him being chained up still doesn't sit right with me) but also..the lack of Josie still bugs.

Positive later.
Agreed, that just rubbed me the wrong way. Josie is one of the main characters, yet we hardly ever get to see her. And Valerie was in the episode just to show how mad she is at Archie, still.

Also, the episode felt REALLY choppy to me. I didn't feel that way as much in the previous episodes.

I liked that all the secrets came out in this episode but it didn't seem realistic that they knew that they each had ALL these secrets and still they went along with Cheryl's game.

Quote:
His scenes with Veronica are some of my favorites, and i loved his “This is riveting, I can’t breathe.”
Loved this too, Alexa. I want more Kevin.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
destroyer of worlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 09:40 AM
Supreme Fan

LOVED the episode for Bughead, everything else is meh.

I actually laughed out loud when Jug walked through the kitchen and FP was just hanging out. Like uhhhh...1. Why??? And 2. He could have stopped the whole thing, especially seeing how miserable his son was.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I was actually quite impressed with FP at the party. He was quite useful!
Old 04-14-2017, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

the whole show is a bit choppy at times i think. all the episodes seem to move so quick and they tend to skip over stuff.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
I was actually quite impressed with FP at the party. He was quite useful!
Indeed he was. Still weird though. And Alice letting the rager go on, even weirder!

Hopefully they slow things down a bit and reduce the cast next season. It's just too many people.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:45 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yeah. That whole party was weird in part because the guy it supposed to be for didn't even want it & which looking back Betty should've just listened to people & not thrown Jughead it.

OK. I watched this episode last night & it was something. I felt that what Veronica said to Cheryl about her deceased brother & her was out of line, but if you're Cheryl why even show up at that party? She wasn't invited by anyone & she didn't live there & as far as I know isn't even friend's with Archie. Her family & Archie's don't seem to get along at all, but she was there anyway. That's kinda strange to me. There also underage drinking going on, which if I'm Jughead who didn't again want that party that was for him I'd perhaps even have called the cops to show up & end it sooner which of course would've prevented a lot of those secrets from coming out perhaps, but they likely would've came out at later times anyway. I don't understand why they had to be all known just about at the same time.

And finally it was blatant that Cheryl alienates people easily & I wonder if this is going to be how her character is going to be throughout the entire run of this show. If so then that's disappointing, but we'll see.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

I finally watched the newest episode and I LOVED their fight scene, honestly. It was everything that could've ever bubbled to the surface between them all at once, for a really organic-in-a-teenage sort of way and I was honestly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

On top of all the rest, I definitely didn't take her silence at the "until Archie changes his mind and decides he wants to be with you" as an omen for them at all. It was clear by the look on Juggie's face that he knew almost immediately once the words left his mouth that he screwed up, and Betty simply looked shocked, and so hurt. If anything, I enjoyed the honest explanation of the Betty/Archie situation as certainly not positive.

Archie was the most interesting he's ever been in this episode. I loved the exploration of his feelings re: his mom and dad. And of course, the Archie/Veronica stuff was so great. I think that they are the most charged, interesting couple of this show and a really wonderful balance to Bughead's sweet, charming dynamic.

As usual, Cheryl was obnoxious. I never understand what they're doing with her character from one episode to the next, but at least the addition of Chuck made the villainy more interesting. Their entire "game" was ridiculous, but I loved the even playing field it amounted to, and I am 100% here for Jughead punching Chuck forever.

FP's speech to Jughead was great. "You have something good here. With her, with your friends. Something we could never give you." I thought it was just what Jughead needed, and very apropos considering his age, honestly. He needed a moment to be irrational, and it was nice to see an adult being Not The Worst for once. I also loved FP and Alice's little moment -- I'm always craving for more Alice moments.

Betty showing Juggie her hands was everything I've ever wanted. The entire scene at the diner was beautiful. Jug admitting that he's simply not used to as much kindness as he's found in these people he loves, and Betty finally confiding in someone -- especially him. Also he finally wasn't wearing his hat.

I loved that Veronica finally brought up the twincest feels.

The Veronica/Archie scene on the couch was equally beautiful. Again, where Betty and Jughead are vulnerable and gentle, Archie and Veronica are honest and raw. I love both of these pairings so, so much. Their scene in the morning was so perfect, too. Ugghghhhghasdjhlaksdlka my heart.

Veronica was just wonderful the whole way through. Her and Jug are my favorite characters, hands down. And this episode was every reason why. Best in the episode is of course: "Don't worry. I'm never telling anyone anything, literally ever."

Alice finally being somewhat normal and kind is definitely a plus in these latter episodes. Loved the hangover meds. I loved the Smithers moment at the end of the ep, too. The moment I noticed the pearls, my heart dropped. That moment was just... great TV. The Betty/Veronica scene was great at the end, and V's face when B brought up the last time she got baked goods killed me. While I wish she would've been honest, I completely understood that she also just has a ton of crap going on right now and she is not interested in losing her best friend. I can only hope that B's feelings for Jug will allow the Archie news to roll right off her shoulders, as it should.

Ultimately, I think this episode was def the best of the season.
serendipity or fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:18 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Chuck seems dangerous though & perhaps a loose cannon, so if Archie & Jughead's dads didn't show up the may be that isn't a fight that Archie would have wanted to have. I think they were both drunk though which can of course lead to a brewhaha.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Archie was the most interesting he's ever been in this episode. I loved the exploration of his feelings re: his mom and dad. And of course, the Archie/Veronica stuff was so great. I think that they are the most charged, interesting couple of this show and a really wonderful balance to Bughead's sweet, charming dynamic.

Quote:
Veronica was just wonderful the whole way through. Her and Jug are my favorite characters, hands down. And this episode was every reason why. Best in the episode is of course: "Don't worry. I'm never telling anyone anything, literally ever."
agreed! those two better not date because it may turn into a dair situation for me and i may be jumping ship.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

DP ignore.
Old 08-19-2017, 01:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Just rewatched this one, its one of my favorite episodes. But I also love party atmospheres in episodes because it brings the whole group together.

I love FP and I like that we got to see more of him. His chemistry with Alice is pretty high and I love that we found out she was from the south side. However, I found his whole presence just a bit creepy. Hanging out at a highschool party? Talking about sexual tension between high schoolers? The way he was just watching the bullying go down? It was weird. But at least he kicked everyone out of the party when it got out of hand and i did like that hes showed up to give Jughead a gift and also encouraged Jughead to go to Betty.

This is why I can't stand Cheryl. Because she's just a bitch. I understand maybe being upset with Veronica, but to make digs at Archie who was only nice to her last episode? I just don't understand her. The twincest comments were epic though. (Kevin's “This is riveting I can't breathe.” was just amazing) Cheryl/Moose hook up was so random. I also didnt like the dance scenes with V, it was cheesey.

I hope they dive into Betty's dark issues next season in more depth but I did like the little mentions this episode. I also love that Jughead found out what happened with Chuck. Seeing them fight in the episode was hard to watch. I wish that Jughead would have just chilled out a bit, I mean, Betty was only trying to be nice and that was obvious. I loved the scene at pops afterwards, it was sweet. Wish there was more of an apology from Jughead though.

Archie allowing the party to happen was insensitive to Jughead, but he was also drunk and dealing with his own issues so I will give him a bit of a pass. The scene with Valerie was just weird. Him wanting to get back with her felt off. And her throwing the drink in his face was just too far. How exactly was he a 'hot mess'? LOL. I did like seeing this side of Archie though because it just made him more relatable, not having a perfect life. I like these family issues for him.

Jughead and Veronica scenes were really sweet, those two have great chemistry together. I loved ending scene and the looks there. I also loved the core 4 comments. First Betty calling them the four musketeers and then Jughead saying he wanted it to be the FOUR of them at pops.

ARCHIE AND VERONICA ARE THE BEST. First their scene in the kitchen was really sweet. I love how encouraging they were to one another and the hug. <3 The kiss scene was fantastic too. Loved the looks there and how they could open up to one another. I loved the wake up scene as well, Veronica just smiling at him was sweet. Love that Archie gave her his bed too, what a cutie pie.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

FP at that party was weird. It reminded me of Dazed and Confused line "That's what I like about high school girls"... .
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread