Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

1x10 - "Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend" Episode Discussion {April 13th}

Chapter Ten: The Lost Weekend
April 13th 2017
The CW

When Fred decides to finalize the divorce with Archie's mother Mary, Archie hides his true feelings. Archie tries to win Valerie back with a romantic evening, however, Betty hijacks his plans when she decides to throw Jughead a surprise birthday party. Once Cheryl learns of the party, she decides to make it interesting and things quickly get out of control. Meanwhile, Veronica contemplates whether she should participate in the deposition to help get her Dad released.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Tftnt! .
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome.

Can't wait. I'll try to watch live this time.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am travelling so I might watch later.
Emily
Old 04-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening. IT"S FINALLY RIVERDALE DAY!!
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Tftnt!
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing Jen. I really can't wait for the party scenes.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the middle of watching...so I'll get the negative out of the way first....the show has a real problem with their treatment of characters...the only black male is the show's sole sexual predator (and him being chained up still doesn't sit right with me) but also..the lack of Josie still bugs.

Positive later.
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Master Fan

Omg, Chuck is back! I don't buy his so called innocent act. He can't be trusted. I have no idea why Ethel was allowing him to talk to her, unless they have a secret plan going on.

It's Jugshead's birthday. He doesn't celebrate it. I wonder if there's a reason why...I'm sure we'll find out and we did.

I still think Beth needs professional help, she's struggling with a lot of deep-seated issues.

Veronica hasn't changed her mind about testifying on her father's behalf and I can't say I blame her, but she did what she had to in order to protect her mom. My girl is beautiful, fierce, and stubborn. She continues to be the best dressed female on the show along with Cheryl.

Fred wants to finalize his marriage and he doesn't seem like he's going to change his mind, even though Archie want his parents back together. And according to Fred, Archie's mom is good at sticking the hard decisions on him which is a pretty crap thing to do.

Glad that Archie and Betty told Veronica about Clifford blossom's involvement in her dad's incarceration.

I also think it was great that Betty wanted to do something special for Jugs birthday, but I don't approve of him trying to keep her in the dark when it came to his birthday. He shouldn't have allowed his issues with the past to get in the way.

Again, I like Kevin, but why is he's seen more than Josie? Even Vale and the other girl are seen more than her.

Alice Cooper is back in the episode again and now she's an advisor for the school newspaper. I don't believe her being there is a good thing. She even warns Betty not to tell Jughead about all of her secrets, speaking from experience with Betty's dad.

V digs up some evidence against the Blossoms and I loved it. I find it higly interesting that the Blossoms have been paying the Lodges money for 75 years.

That vixen danceoff between Veronica and Cheryl was insanely good. However, Veronica clearly won. Her moves were hotter and way better than Cheryl's stiff moves. I loved her line to Cheryl about never crossing a Lodge, she made a powerful statement. Betty looked on like a proud momma back. I just love the friendship between V and B.

And of course Cheryl acts out when she doesn't get her way. I knew Chuck was still set in his ways.

Veronica's dad wasn't pulling any punches in that letter. I don't know about you guys, but he came off a little threatening to me. I also believe he was trying to turn V against momma Lodge. I mean we did witness how fast Hermione pulled that stunt when she forged V' s name to help Fred. I believe momma Lodge has more skeletons in her closet.

I really hope Archie doesn't develop a drinking problem.

Betty has a great voice but she looked slightly creepy bringing in that delicious cake lol.

Liked the heart to heart with Archie and Veronica.

Jughead is starting to annoy me with his foul attitude. Betty doesn't deserve it. The things he said to her was out of line. He definitely has some self-esteem issues. Cole was super good though, acting out Jugs inner struggles.

Cheryl and Chuck at the party isn't good and Archie is too foolish to see it. They don't have good intentions for being there.

V finds out who Papa Jones is.

Loved watching Betty going head to head with Chuck. She even gave him a good slap.

Kevin's so called boy toy is too busy giving up info, but I sense he's going to end up catching real feelings for Kevin and change his mind.

Alice Cooper being Mr. Peeping Tom.

Vale made a scene which shouldn't have happened. Any issues she had with Archie should have been private instead of in front of everyone at the party. Why did she even come? She knows it's Archie's house.

Sins and Secrets! I loved that game. Everyone's serects came out. Everyone went in. It was intense, I felt just as excited as Kevin lol.

Great advice papa Jones. And we now know Alice is from the Southside and she used to be a serpent. She sure changed her image.

Awesome heart to heart with Betty and Jug, I just might start shipping them.

Yes to all the love going around between Archie and Veronica and Jug and Betty.

Momma Andrews is back!

That promo has me excited!

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah

Last edited by Rickylious; 04-14-2017 at 02:31 AM
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Archie calling Jug a lone wolf . Uh-oh the chuck wagon is back . You don't have to go dark Betty on me . Betty cutting her hands with her nails again? Yikes. Was it me, but it looked like Archie rolled his eyes when Betty called Jughead her boyfriend? FP agreeing to come to his birthday was so sweet. Betty taking relationship advice from Alice? Betty wearing that shirt with the Jughead crown was everything Them talking in the diner was awesome. They are so together.

Veronica looked super cute in those glasses . Did Herimone call Cliff Blossom a wig wearing monster? Did I hear that right? . The cheerleader scenes. Ladies it's a dance off . Don't cheerleaders do gymnastics? Now Veronica is head Vixen. Never cross a loge Cheryl.

Archie hitting the hooch. Good more teen realism. Chuck you should just slink away. The hottub assassin will take you down.

I want to meet Veronica's dad. I hate seeing Ronnie being used by her parents . \\
Veronica and Archie talking was great. They are so much alike. They do both keep wrecking things . That kiss was seriously hot. They have great chemistry.

Loved the movies scene. "I'm all about the beast within ". Aww Betty singing happy birthday.

I like Archie and Veronica hugging. I just want these two to stick if they get together.

Valarie wants me back Oh Archie and his chick ADHD.

You can cut the sexual tension with a knife Skeet kills me. He is one of my favourite things about this show.

Jughead saying "have you ever seen me without this stupid hat on". Lol This needs to be a title. I am worried that they are imploding.

Veronica insinuating twinsest was amazing.

FP breaking up that fight . Jug and Betty need to talk like ASAP. I love him. Nice Alice and FP. Come on, enter the shaggin' wagon. That is so going to happen.

Veronica and Jughead - cute scene. Short but sweet.

I wish Veronica had of told Betty what happened between her and Archie. I hope it isn't an issue in the future.

Mommys' home...
Emily
Old 04-14-2017, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved this episode! Any time the focus is on the kids and they are all together, its gonna be good for me.

I am glad we didnt get much of the adults. FP was pretty creepy this episode. Creeping on Joaquin and Kevin was odd and then what, he was just hanging out at a highschool party knowing there was alcohol? I found it strange. His little scene with Alice was interesting though, so she used to be a serpent? And Betty telling her mother about Kevin/Joaquin dating will not go over well. I'm sure she's gonna wreak havoc with that information.

I still love Kevin. He's one of my favorite characters. I love that he's been getting a bit more focus. He's definitely the comic relief of the show. His scenes with Veronica are some of my favorites, and i loved his “This is riveting, I can’t breathe.” line when Veronica dragged Cheryl, that was hilarious. He admires her so much. Him and Joaquin are okay but I feel like their relationship was so skimmed over, it was hard to get too invested, especially knowing J is using him. . I WANT MORE MOOSE AND KEVIN! Was that Moose kissing Cheryl? At least Kevin commented on it/seemed annoyed, but I wanted a bit more. Oh well. Maybe it'll come up later.

Cheryl once again was the bitch being awful. Her character gives me whiplash. The only time I like her is in regards to Jason so I liked the twincest comment. And her little feud with Veronica was unnecessary. And after Archie defending her last week she goes and says that bit about his mommy issues? I just don't get her at all.

Chuck is an ass. I agree that the only black male to be a jerk is pretty racist even if the show isn’t intending it to be. I'm just not sure why they brought him back. Betty standing up to Chuck was badass. And the slap was amazing. Chuck is disgusting. Why wouldn't Archie tell them to leave or tell chuck to get out at least? That didn't make sense.

Archie was a hell of a lot more interesting this episode. He is much deeper when he's involved in family drama instead of his music career. I'm interested to see what happens now that his mom is back. I am glad that Valerie didn't want him back... She kind of annoyed me though, she said “I broke up with you because I thought you were a hot mess.” Wtf girl? What did he do that was a hot mess? He was just asking you a question? ARCHIE AND JUGHEAD are so cute, their hug was great. Even though Archie was a pretty crappy friend for allowing the party to happen and then not kicking everyone out, they still got some decent scenes. That ending scene was cute too. And I still think Grundy has something to do with the murder. That can't be the end of her.

I loved this episode for Betty and getting to see more of "dark!betty". I am glad they brought up the fingernail stuff again and that she explained to Jughead that she has this darkness inside her. Her issues IMO make her far more interesting. I loved her standing up to Chuck too. How cute was Betty planning a birthday for Jughead? (But she should have listened to other’s advice and not planned anything too big!) Also the cake and the sweater <3. It sucks that Jughead didn't appreciate it but i understand him not being comfortable in that situation and not feeling close/friends with anyone. I feel like he could have just talked to Betty though instead of acting all upset about it? Their little blowout outside was hard to watch and seeing all of Jughead's insecurities come up was sad. You could tell that Betty was hurt, but I wish she had done a better job of explaining to him that she wasn't waiting for Archie and that he wasn't just a placeholder. I hope they talk more about that next episode. Their ending scene was really adorable though, him kissing her hands and then her kissing him? So cute. They just work together and I think he loves her more knowing she's not miss perfect. I want an I love you now!

I love that we got a Jughead and Veronica scene... a few actually! They are just so cute together. I loved her wishing him happy birthday in spanish! And how he told Betty he wanted to go to Pops with the four of them. An the ending scene too when he said his lips were sealed. Her smile was so appreciative, that was really cute. However, Veronica keeping things from Betty about Archie wont be good, I just know it...

VERONICA, MY GIRL. (saving the best for last). Her dance moves. ... Her dig on Cheryl was awesome! I cant believe her father threatened her. Poor girl. But wow, all her scenes with Archie.. I was in heaven! THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER! I love Archie following Veronica out of the room when he noticed something was wrong. SUCH A FREAKING CUTE SCENE THEY ARE FLAWLESS!!! It was cute that Archie confided in her and wanted to help her feel better. I love that Archie hugged her. And interesting that Jughead seemed more offended by the hug than Betty did. I love that AV can connect about their parents. THE KISS WAS EFFING HOTTT. I love that Archie was the one to go in for it. And he clearly had sobered up a bit by that point. THE WAY THEY LOOKED AT EACH OTHER. I do wonder if they had sex. I am gonna say they didn't since Archie was on the floor and Veronica was in the bed. Her smile when she woke up and the cheek kiss? SO CUTE. I also loved his smile to Jughead when Jughead asked about it. They are just too cute.

The promo for next week looks creepy as hell.

Last edited by Alexa; 05-26-2023 at 02:40 AM
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 01:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
In the middle of watching...so I'll get the negative out of the way first....the show has a real problem with their treatment of characters...the only black male is the show's sole sexual predator (and him being chained up still doesn't sit right with me) but also..the lack of Josie still bugs.

Positive later.
Agreed. Chuck’s characterization continues to be terrible (Idek how they could possibly fix ep3 mess). Valerie and Melody are reduced to background props and Josie is not even that anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Him and Joaquin are okay but I feel like their relationship was so skimmed over, it was hard to get too invested, especially knowing J is using him. .
This. I lean more to Kevin/Joaquin than Kevin/Moose personally (though I have nothing against K/M either) but the whole relationship happened completely off-screen.

Despite Kevin getting more screentime lately, his role in the show is still only to be Beronica's sassy gay best friend who delights in drama and compliments women's boots every second episode. I get that it's difficult to balance things with so many characters, but they need to give him some internal life and on screen relationship developments.

All in all, this was a pretty enjoyable ep for me.

- Jughead. I’m getting more attached to this character than I want to. I don’t like having a character I really click with on a bad teen soap because the writers are bound to “develop” them in ways I disapprove of. (Seriously, if he “grows” into a peppy, well-adjusted little conformist by the end of the show, I’m going to vomit.)

- Poor Veronica, having to question the integrity of not only her dad but also her mom.

- Valerie continues to strike me as a very cool girl. I don’t dislike Archie but I enjoyed her throwing her drink in his face. Sorry, Archie.

- Betty's suppressed anger and dark side is interesting. But I would enjoy this sl more if it wasn't for the mess from ep3.

- Love you Cheryl but don’t make my Jughead collateral damage in your war with Beronica.

- Sins and Secrets was funny before punches started being thrown.

- “He was talking to a long-haired delinquent wearing a leather jacket.” Lol, Alice so is the type of person who would utter a phrase like "a long-haired delinquent wearing a leather jacket."

- Speaking of Alice, after that scene with FP, I’m super curious about her past. So she wasn’t always the “perfect” middle class lady. Interesting. Also, points for the two most interesting adult characters interacting.

- Can the Serpents be sympathetic characters? I like FP and Joaquin.

- Of course Dilton would be reading something called “Basic Military Handbook.” But I love OTT nutty characters, so I’m very glad the “hardcore survivalist Scoutmaster Doily” made a reappearance.

- I like Bughead and Varchie well enough, but I like Beronica way more. They should get together. Jughead and Archie can date each other or whatever.

Dislikes:

- Fictional American teens still like saying “epic”? For some reason that always annoyed me. And I thought TVD finale title was the last time I was ever going to hear it.

- I’m tired of Veronica and/or Betty one-upping Cheryl. These types of scenes are always so heavy-handed and only make me root for Cheryl instead of being glad that they put her in her place, which I suppose is the writers’ intention.

- Speaking of heavy-handed, no to Jughead summarizing tropes and breaking the fourth wall. You’re not Community, show, you don't do it well. Give it up.

- If/when Hiram shows up, they need to tone him down a little. He already reached Bart Bass/Dan Scott levels of sleazy and he hasn’t even shown up on screen yet. I’m pro Rich Business Men are The Evil trope (because it's the truth ), but he shouldn’t be caricaturish.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Jughead and Archie can date each other or whatever.
I'm on board.

Jughead was more jealous over AV than Betty was.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

This really was the best episode in my opinion. It was action-packed! I like having the parents around, but they kind of took a backseat in the latest episode and I was fine with it.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread