Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2017, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Great ep tonight.
Jughead and Betty oh my ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ They are my ship. The kiss was sweet
I like Archie and Val, they have chemistry and they work.
I wonder who was spying on Bughead ?
Next week looks great
Calgaryfan2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 12:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgaryfan2006 (View Post)
Jughead and Betty oh my ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ They are my ship. The kiss was sweet
I'm wondering how Archie will react.

Quote:
I like Archie and Val, they have chemistry and they work.
I hope it's the start of something special. I loved how she encouraged him after he got negative feedback, how she helped him out with stage fright (the comparison between football and music), and how he was willing to put her first by walking away from the duet.

I saw the Bughead kiss coming, but Archie and Valerie's was a pleasant surprise for me. It also felt completely natural, given their bonding.

Quote:
I wonder who was spying on Bughead?
I had a feeling that something might happen to the car.
James26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Liked this one.

Finally some Josie screentime. I don’t condone the way she treats her girls at all, but given how much of a perfectionist she seems to be and how much wanting to impress her parents (especially her dad) plays into that, I do sympathize with her. Liked that scene where she seemingly confidently waves Valerie goodbye but when Valerie actually leaves we see she she’s upset. And I always like hearing the "poor little rich girl" insult.

Hate the way Josie’s dad is treating her, but I kinda like him/am curious to see more of him. Music elitism and righteous anger are definitely traits/flaws I’m sympathetic to. Not to mention “I didn’t expect you to be another dollar-chasing gentrifier” was the best burn on this show so far.

Val is growing on me with each ep. In fact, along with Jughead, she seems like the type of person I would have enjoyed spending time with in high school. Also, she’s a lot more understanding and patient with Josie than I would have been tbh.

Liked Josie/Valerie and Josie/Veronica (Josie went too soft on Veronica too quickly imo, but the writes seem to do that a lot with Veronica's relationships, it was same with Veronica/Cheryl), but when are they going to show some Josie/Cheryl? I really want to see more of that dynamic.

Valerie/Archie and Betty/Jughead are cute.

Still liking Veronica’s mom and Archie’s dad separately but not together. Though their relationship does bring a new element to their relationships with their children and I enjoy that.

So far, I’m not really interested in Polly or Polly/Jason at all. I hope there is some interesting twist to their modern Romeo and Juliette story.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Liked Josie/Valerie and Josie/Veronica (Josie went too soft on Veronica too quickly imo, but the writes seem to do that a lot with Veronica's relationships, it was same with Veronica/Cheryl), but when are they going to show some Josie/Cheryl? I really want to see more of that dynamic.
I liked how Veronica joined the Pussycats, along with the pleasant surprise that she has singing talent. Josie chewing her out was cute. I'm among those who don't miss Cheryl, though.

Quote:
Still liking Veronica’s mom and Archie’s dad separately but not together. Though their relationship does bring a new element to their relationships with their children and I enjoy that.
I respect these veteran actors, and I imagine that they want to work together sometimes. But, like you, I wish I found their relationship more interesting.

Hermione's forgery was fascinating, however.

Quote:
So far, I’m not really interested in Polly or Polly/Jason at all. I hope there is some interesting twist to their modern Romeo and Juliette story.
Ditto. They spent so much time 'hyping' Polly, but I really wasn't moved. I think the actress might find more range when she has more to do.
Old 03-03-2017, 05:00 AM
Master Fan

Alexa,

The parents are entertaining and I love to hate them. Their behaviors are awful.

And yep, next week seems all about jug and his family. I can't wait!

However,

Veronica, Archie, and Josie stole the episode for me. All their scenes were really good.

I didn't care that much about the whole Betty and Jughead working to figure out the Jason/Polly crap which was a first.

I can't believe we didnt see Cheryl, but I guess we didnt need her. I mean her and Josie are supposed to be super close so I thought we would have had something with them.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Rickylious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:02 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I had a total brain cramp yesterday had forgotten about Josie & The Pussycats band on this show. Oops. I'll remember them now though after that drama or ''melodrama'' on this episode. I'm happy for em getting back together, but geez they said some nasty things said to each other. I was kinda expecting all hell to break lose during this episode & it was overall tame I think.

I wonder if Jughead is going to always wear that hat of his if he ends up dating Betty. It seems like something that doesn't need to be worn in every scene he's in, but if people like it then that's good I guess. Curious how this relationship ends up.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

This episode was interesting. I liked the different parts, but my biggest complaint is that it felt like two episodes slapped together. I was so annoyed at Josie at first, but I actually kind of started to feel bad for her, but not enough to excuse her bitchiness. So, your dad is an ass who criticizes your music, its not like he is legit cray or abusive. I just find her OTT.
Val is just kinda blah. I guess her and Archie are perfect for one another

I just I can't with the lead being so damn awful. He has chem with both Veronica and Val, but at this point I like both girls more than I gaf about him. He was just such a jerk this episode. I just wanted him to bugger off.

Love Love Betty and Jughead. The kiss was so cute, but I loved their sleuthing even more. The coopers are so not right in the head. Sending her to a convent? What is this the 50s or 1800 Ireland?
Old 03-04-2017, 04:18 PM

Well the Archie Comics originally started it's run before the 1950's. What don't you like about Archie? I feel like comparing this TV show to the Archie comics is like comparing apples to oranges as the saying goes. I agree with you about Val. Her acting how she did is a great way to lose friends. I guess I expect them to act more mature.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Josie's dad is a jerk. I am glad she has her friends. Veronica looked great on stage. I didn't really like the song and the dance moves where a little lame but she looked good. I didn't really like Archie coming between another friendship. Like enough .

Betty and Jughead are the highlight of the episode for me, I want to see more.

Have no idea where Betty's sister was.. a convent? a mental hospital ? Kind of confused. And i am still not sure if she is insane or if everyone else is
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 04:34 PM

It's possible that her mom convinced her she's insane. Hopefully we'll find out the truth sooner than later.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Well the Archie Comics originally started it's run before the 1950's. What don't you like about Archie? I feel like comparing this TV show to the Archie comics is like comparing apples to oranges as the saying goes. I agree with you about Val. Her acting how she did is a great way to lose friends. I guess I expect them to act more mature.
I don't like this archie cause he is bland and selfish.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It's possible that her mom convinced her she's insane. Hopefully we'll find out the truth sooner than later.
That would make me dislike her more than I already do.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:49 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
I agree with you about Val. Her acting how she did is a great way to lose friends. I guess I expect them to act more mature.
I'd apply that to Josie, not Val. Valerie didn't do anything wrong by taking a stand when Josie got all tyrannical and tried telling her who she couldn't sing with. In Val's place, I would've said the same thing -- you're my friend, not my boss.

It looks like they're trying to make Josie more sympathetic now, and while they're using a rather worn-out method ("she acts this way because she has a mean parent"), I welcome that.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Yes. My mistake. It seems like just about all the parents on this show are antagonistic, except for Archie's dad.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good episode. Liked it a little more than the last.

Why is Reggie so mean to Archie? I thought they were friends. And really? Archie’s problems being his stage fright just make him look worse. Why should we care about that?

Loved all the bughead moments in the episode. So cute that she invited him to breakfast, and that little smile between them? Adorable. Polly’s plot bored me, the actress just wasn’t very strong in this episode. She’s pregnant and she didn’t even know that Jason had died. WTF. And how old is Polly supposed to be? A senior? Or out of highschool? Her parents are so cruel for keeping her locked up in there. Bugheads first kiss was really adorable, but it was a little fast for my taste. I would have preferred to see their friendship build.

Loved Veronica noticing Archie choking on stage. It’s important that she’s there for him. I love that she convinced Kevin to give him a spot in the show. Her offering to sing with him was the cutest thing ever. “Be the J to my Bae?” It wasn’t cool of him at all to partner with Valerie and then not tell Veronica about it. Veronica definitely overreacted but I can understand why she was so upset. It was sweet when Archie offered her the part back and said they could talk. Veronica walking down the hall with the pussycats was amazing and I loved Archie’s face. And the ending scene between them was so amazing. I LOVE how Veronica apologized for blowing up at him and their little pep talk before he went out. “Focus on someone that makes you feel safe.” So far my favorite V/A moment because he totally looked at her to feel safe before he performed and they made that evident. I really liked his song too.

I did like Josie up until this episode. It definitely seemed like a plot just to get Valerie to partner with Archie. I didn’t understand why she was being such a little brat. Even though we don’t know Josie that much it seemed very OOC to me. They tried to explain it with her dad being in town but IDK… I guess seeing her family life made her easier to understand. I did like her focus this episode though and I enjoyed her scenes with Veronica. Veronica seems to bond well with everyone.

Fred is maybe okay to date someone else because him and his wife are separated but it doesn’t seem that Hermione and Hiram are separated or have even talked bout it yet. I cant believe that Hermione forged Veronica’s signature, that is so awful!

I think Betty glancing at the speaker hearing Archie but then deciding to go with Bughead was a clear turning point in their relationship and put in there to show that Betty was moving on. I loved it.

Could have done without the Val and Archie kiss. Couldn’t they have just been good friends? Especially knowing now how it ends up.

Also, major lack of Kevin again. It was a nice break from Cheryl though.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread