Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2017, 04:05 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That hasn't grossed me out yet, but it doesn't look like it will end well for either of em. Maybe it's best for em to move on.

I just watched this episode last night & if I remember correctly Betty threatened to kill Cheryl while they were at her house, so if something tragic or terrible happens to Cheryl, Betty is the first person I'd investigate.

I am curious about the time lapse. So Jason died ''suspiciously on Independence Day & then I'd guess that school started in September & the police or whomever that was in uniform showed up to his school to discuss his death & question people? No suspects were even mentioned that I recall. I never had a situation like that happen at any of the schools I went to thankfully, so unsure what the protocol is.

Last edited by canflam; 02-06-2017 at 04:15 PM
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

This episode is what made me decided to keep watching. I wasn't sold on the pilot. It was episode 2!

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Yep, same! And I can't wait to get more.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think it will just keep getting better and better

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:34 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That's good, because it's different than the comics. 1 thought was such is this show is such as if Archie had met ''Twin Peaks'' if you have seen that show. So it's quite different than I'd have expected, but that tends to happen with comic book based or loosely based TV shows these days.
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

This was a really strong episode, especially after following the pilot. The grundy stuff I could do without but I loved the JA interaction and the BV stuff and the episode just felt more well rounded and the characters were more relatable than in the pilot. Plus it didnt hop around as much.

I thought Archie was better in this episode and I like that he is starting to feel some guilt over the secret with Grundy. Betty was a bit harsh to him in the beginning of the episode by not wanting to talk to her when he asked but I also understood why she was upset. But the flashbacks and Betty crying etc was just too much for me. It felt too forced. I understand it but idk, didn't like it. I DID like that ending scene on the football field though. It was sweet and there were great looks between them. More of their scenes need to be subtle like that for me to buy into them as a pairing.

Betty has a big heart, that is clear. Its sweet that she at least tried to forgive V/A (even though imo they didnt really do anything that wrong) at least for a little while. Betty and Veronica were phenomenal this episode. I love that Veronica sent Betty flowers and tried really hard to get Betty's forgiveness. Veronica’s speech to Betty was the truth. Her saying it wasnt her fault Archie didnt like her is right. "Most of the time the people we like dont like us back." TRUTH. I loved their scene on the field after Betty saw Veronica being nice to Cheryl. It was cute that Betty could forgive her, and that ICONIC ending scene with the core 4 is one of my favorites. I just loved it. Veronica and Jugheads first meeting was great too.

Moose wanting to be Kevin's parter was adorable and I wish that Kevin hadn't of ended it so that we could see more interactions between those two. That was a storyline that was dropped that had potential, but hopefully they will get to it next year. Veronica ships it!

Betty siding with Cheryl was low but I like that Betty is finally starting to get more of a backbone. Cheryl’s sudden interest in Betty makes sense but saying her sister was crazy was mean. I am glad that Betty stood up to her. It was a bit scary though. Dark betty has arrived. I love it. It gives her character depth.

Veronica and Archie are sweet. I really loved their scene on the street and how they talked bout Betty. It's cute that they can open up to one another and i like the slow build of their friendship. What V said abut feeling meant to be Bettys friend, that was cute. The back story on BA was sweet but they were kids. Doesn’t mean its supposed to end how they thought it was.

Continue to dislike Archie and Grundy. They are snoozefest to me and Grundy telling Archie things were real between them just felt fake to me, like she was just trying to keep things a secret. And really? At school?

Reggie is and ass and was so rude to Jughead the entire episode. But I am glad that Jughead got more focus, he made the episode a lot more interesting. Jughead mentioned July 4th and that he and Archie had plans, so obviously their lost friendship was only for a few months. I wish they would explain why they stopped being friends though. I will assume that Archie just started blowing him off for Grundy, idk. I do agree that Cole's acting got better as he went along in the series.

Jughead calling Grundy a cougar = WIN. And he called out her entire agenda. “She's messing with you man.” He's so right though, Jason is dead and Archie is withholding information... not coo. But just that one scene with Archie makes Archie 10x more interesting. When he somewhat threatened Jughead, that was hot. He's too cookie cutter. But of course he came around in the end. Archie defending Jughead in that scene with Reggie was sweet. But if Jughead and Archie were friends though, I dont get why Reggie would be confused as to archie standing up for him? Maybe when they stopped being friends Reggie took notice and talked about how good it was for Archie to drop that “loser” or something of that effect? The JA scene on the field was one of their best ever. I loved when Jughead said they weren't going to hug. Such cute looks between them there.

I hated Alice first go around but I really love her character now. Waving the incest around was amazing and I can understand now why she hated the blossoms so much. She's a character that has a lot of depth. I like how strong she is. She's a bad bitch thats entertaining.

Cheryl's story over Jason didnt make sense. If he drowned then yeah, how was he shot afterwards? To find out that he actually had been shot a week later was a cool twist, as was watching Cheryl get taken out of class. I still dont love Cheryl, but I warmed to her character a bit more in this episode because we got to finally see some emotion from her. I loved the scene with Veronica in the locker room. That dynamic is underrated for sure. And it showed what a great person Veronica is too.

Some side notes:
- More Josie backstory please, and why did her and Cheryl hug? Can they explain that friendship?
- The scene over the loudspeaker gave me total Twin Peaks feels.
- Love the music on the show a lot.
- Wish there was a pops in my town, it looks so cute!
- The cheer dance... just no. It was bad. lol.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread