Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2017, 12:57 AM
Passionate Fan

^ i guess it has more impact in social media
Old 02-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So usually Alexa and I have different favorite characters on the shows we have in common. But here I find myself agreeing with a lot she says

I don't like Ms. Grundy At All. I'm way over in the camp of I don't like that woman. And have a hard time believing she actually cares about Archie.

Quote:
(Also did anyone find the Josie/Cheryl hug really weird?)
Yes! I was surprised and didn't get it

I'm with you on Cheryl too, Alexa. I can't quite explain how and what it is, but she feels a bit too fake. She's not convincing me

Quote:
Still neutral on Archie. His character falls really flat compared to the others. I think the problem in this case is the teacher storyline. It is getting too much focus right now and adds nothing to his character.
I agree with this

I felt Betty's behavior at the beginning was a bit too over the top.
Obviously she was allowed to be hurt

I did like this episode Way more than the pilot though
Old 02-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, so this episode was so good. I liked it more than the pilot.

I agree with everyone. I don't like Ms. Grundy and I wish her story would end now. And I wouldn't mind if she got caught.

I liked Archie more this episode.

But Jughead is my bae. Love this guy so much.

I know a lot of you don't like Cheryl, but I really like her. I usually love the villains (Like Alison in PLL). I did like seeing her human side. And I am really interested in the Jason thing.

Betty & Veronica. Love them. Need them as besties and don't let boys come between them. They made a deal, so good.

Loved the Archie, Betty, Jughead & Veronica scene. I hope we get more of them.

I think I am really going to love this show.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeSomeday (View Post)
The ratings for this don't seem that great.

I'm wondering if the preferred audience of the CW aren't really Archie fans? Maybe this would have been better off just as a no named teen soap?

I admit I'm past the target age for this have never read the comics, and actually thought the initial trailer was kind of dull. I only decided to watch when I saw that critics really liked it.

Maybe the younger people only watch online anymore?
Every new show on the CW this year (except Supergirl, but that transferred from CBS) premiered really low.

I don't think it has much to do with people not recognizing Archie because I don't think anyone necessarily has to be a fan of the comics to become fans of the show.

I think it's the continuing trend of people watching in different ways, at different times than live. Many shows are down across the board, and there are exceptions more than rules.

~Kat
TheCheshireKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I wonder when we'd have to worry about the numbers? I know it's the CW which is a good thing but I'm sure they still drop shows when the numbers get really low. The question is what is really low for this network?
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really like both Betty and Veronica. I think Reggie is going to turn into a good character. I don't know, I get a twinsest vibe from Cheryl and Jason. Creepy. Jughead is great and i am liking Archie's dad. I want the teacher/student thing to be over. I think it would help Archie's character if they backed him out of the multiple chick thing, there are too many reasons to dislike him; but i want to like him.
Emily
Barstool Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
I really like both Betty and Veronica. I think Reggie is going to turn into a good character. I don't know, I get a twinsest vibe from Cheryl and Jason. Creepy. Jughead is great and i am liking Archie's dad. I want the teacher/student thing to be over. I think it would help Archie's character if they backed him out of the multiple chick thing, there are too many reasons to dislike him; but i want to like him.
I want them to do Reggie/Veronica,like in the comics. Reggie and Archie are romantic rivals and even if they're friends,Reggie makes fun of him a lot.

The articles all call those two incest,so I'm positive that they were the ginger version of Jamie and Cersei.

They only need to get rid of Grundy. I get that no one likes love triangles, but if you can't handle love triangles, you're in the wrong fandom. Archie struggling to pick is the story and calling it Riverdale doesn't change the fact that it's basically his story. It's like making a show called Hogwarts and expecting Harry not to have most of the focus.

Reggie's comment was dumb, though. Wednesday Adams? That movie was in the 90's. He wasn't even born then, so how does he know who she is?

I flat-out love Jughead. I was talking to my dad, since he's upset about how they've changed the beloved story that my parents grew up with and I was telling him how they've actually made Jughead a lot more interesting. Fred is awesome, too. They never really showed Mr. and Mrs. Andrews unless Archie didn't clean his room or got in serious trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift2Potter (View Post)
Reggie is mean in the comics sooo i guess they retained their character.

Anyway, Well, i was not really surprised that about Cheryl. She scares me in the very first episode.

I hope the Archie/Geraldine storyline ends soon. It reminds me so much of Pacey and Tamara in DC. And I distinctly remember not liking that plot.

I love Betty and Veronica! the actors really played their roles well, very convincing that they're meant to best friends. I know the very essence of Riverdale is a love triangle but i hope somewhere along the way they would not really focus on the triangle because Archie does not deserve the attention lol

Jughead Jones! I am so happy we get more scenes of him. And I like him. I think Betty and Jughead would be great together.

is cheryl and jason banging with each other?
See,this is what bugs me. It's just like when they have the other shows and it up. Why did they try and make it a soap opera? Now everyone has unrealistic expectations and compares it to stupid things, the actual Archie fans have to bite their nails or throw things at the tv when it comes to characterization(and Grundy) and Berlanti isn't treating Archie the way he treats DC comics. It's not fair and Arrow,The Flash and Supergirl fans get the respect for their fandom that they deserve.

Yes, Reggie is supposed to be mean and he's narcissistic, too. I love Betty/Veronica and they'll make him pick in the show.

As for Betty/Jughead...

Spoiler:

Part of me hates this music thing because it's making Archie seem like someone he isn't, but he falls in love with a Pussycat in the comics.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 02-04-2017 at 09:16 PM
Against_all_odds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:11 PM
Passionate Fan

I was also wondering why Betty's parents are so mad at Jason? How did Jason and Polly ~treated~ each other?

I'm also trying to like Archie I guess I just need a little depth in his character
Old 02-04-2017, 09:32 PM
Master Fan

The show is making him OOC and it's pissing me off. What really irks me is that one of the writers for the comics is doing the show, so what is he thinking? It's not like him to behave the way he is at all. Then again, it's mainly because of Grundy. He's not a goofy trouble-maker anymore and Jughead can't bail him out. Hopefully,she'll go away and he'll stop wearing hideous sweaters. Thankfully,Cheryl Blossom is repulsive to men this time around. Normally, the guys ignore the girls for her.

I was so happy they mentioned Midge. My dad was so baffled and he didn't understand why Midge wouldn't be in the show. As much as I hated her behavior in the comics,I think she should still be a skank. The toxic relationship she and Moose have is probably why he's chasing Kevin. Midge has cheated on him with Reggie and other guys every time he's away and yells at him for being jealous,but likes that he'll do it for her. It's unhealthy, but it lends itself to the dynamic of the show. The show needs as much accuracy as possible or I'll lose my s**t. If he can care about The Flash and Arrow,he can care about Archie.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

How is the show doing in DVR viewership?

I feel like all the recent shows geared toward teens/young adults are flopping here in the US but DVR and Netflix viewership could make a difference.
BlackHalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Still neutral on Archie. His character falls really flat compared to the others. I think the problem in this case is the teacher storyline. It is gettting too much focus right now and adds nothing to his character.
I agree but I do think they did a better job with it this episode. At least Archie stood up to her at the end.

Quote:
Veronica is great. I cant believe this is CM's first role. She is so good.
I agree! How did she get cast in the role if this is her first gig? I mean, I think she is great but I’m surprised they were willing to take a chance on her.

I also agree about Cole. I do think he overacted a TINY bit in some scenes but I really like the character so by the end of the episode he grew on me. He does deliver some lines oddly though.

For me Cheryl as a character just sort of falls flat. She’s supposed to have this mystery to her but IDK, i dont see it yet. IDK, i cant explain it really but I just see her as the typical bitch character. I need more.

I actually think that “Archie comics” aspect of the show is HELPING it, not hurting it. It instantly made it more interesting to me when I first saw the pilot for some reason.

Quote:
Reggie's comment was dumb, though. Wednesday Adams? That movie was in the 90's. He wasn't even born then, so how does he know who she is?
Doesnt everyone know Wednesday Adams? LOL. I mean, just because i wasnt born in the 70’s doesnt mean i dont know iconic 70’s characters….
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Doesnt everyone know Wednesday Adams? LOL.
I hope so. I was in love with both the tv series and movie version of her when I was younger, so I was happy about that reference.

Agreed with the comments about Cole's acting. Sometimes he takes me out of his scenes a bit and makes it difficult for me to connect with Jughead, who is the character I probably connect with the most on paper on this show. But it's nothing serious so far.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
I wonder when we'd have to worry about the numbers? I know it's the CW which is a good thing but I'm sure they still drop shows when the numbers get really low. The question is what is really low for this network?
I don't know if this link helps?

CW 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 2/5/17) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale

Their numbers are pretty low. I think Riverdale is safe.
*Stephie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stephie* (View Post)
I don't know if this link helps?

CW 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 2/5/17) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale

Their numbers are pretty low. I think Riverdale is safe.
Thank you! This is precisely what I wanted to see.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:11 AM
Part-Time Fan

I really liked this episode, probably more so than the pilot. But, I'm so over the Ms. Grundy thing. It's gross and needs to go.

I feel like the arrest is going to turn out to be about something different. Not her brother's murder, maybe with holding information or something like that.
smileygirl5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread