Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2015, 12:13 AM
Moderator Manager

I liked that ep very much. I think it works when a show only has 8 episodes, the SLs run along fast.

I have to admit, I'm on the fence with Agent Sousa's character and just because I think he still needs to be developed but I thought after everything he & Peggy has been through, that he'd ask her about it first before tipping off the rest of the SSR agents. I kind of felt that was OOC for him.

I always welcome more Jarvis & Peggy and I'm glad we get to see more of Jarvis on this one. He's comic relief alright but I like it since all the rest are serious.

Ugh, Dottie. She's good. I really thought the SSR agents already left so I was surprised to see them back and arrest Peggy. I literally went "WHAAAAAT?" when it was fade out and it was of Peggy getting arrested. Of course this is going to be another long interrogation. Which of course depends because there's a Russian spy in the office who's putting hypnotic trances on people he talks to so the SSR agents are really in a lot of trouble.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-13-2015, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Really exciting and dynamic episode I'm so nervous for Peggy even though I know everything ends up being okay based on the One-Shot and the Cap movie
Old 02-13-2015, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I have to admit, I'm on the fence with Agent Sousa's character and just because I think he still needs to be developed but I thought after everything he & Peggy has been through, that he'd ask her about it first before tipping off the rest of the SSR agents. I kind of felt that was OOC for him.

I think he's a pretty developed character. Also, Sousa and Peggy are not that close, considering his earlier sympathy toward her. And . . . at least he didn't shoot her or use his gun to stop her when he had the chance.

Quote:
This show is so much more relevant and has actual characters from the Avengers. I'm sorry, but Coulson was one agent. Yes,he was brave and his "Death" inspired everyone,but he was just an agent. Until he got the show,he was a minor character.

Coulson was a "minor" character in four movies. And he wasn't that "minor" in "THOR" and "THE AVENGERS". Although Peggy had a supporting role in "CA: TFA", her role in the second "CAPTAIN AMERICA" movie was a lot smaller. I guess I don't agree with your comparison on who was more relevant - Peggy or Phil. Mind you, I am enjoying "AGENT CARTER" as much as I had enjoyed Season One of "AOS".
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I can see your point here. I think he (maybe selfishly) was thinking more about being "one of the guys" with Chief & the other SSR agents that he wasn't taking Peggy's feelings into consideration. I guess he thought he was doing what was best for the country & the agency.

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 02-14-2015, 01:15 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I think he's a pretty developed character. Also, Sousa and Peggy are not that close, considering his earlier sympathy toward her. And . . . at least he didn't shoot her or use his gun to stop her when he had the chance.
Yes there's that though I would still prefer Sousa not to tell the SSR agents first and confront Peggy. I do understand that he was thinking of doing the right thing which is noble of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl on Fire (View Post)
I can see your point here. I think he (maybe selfishly) was thinking more about being "one of the guys" with Chief & the other SSR agents that he wasn't taking Peggy's feelings into consideration. I guess he thought he was doing what was best for the country & the agency.
That was what I thought too and that's not a bad thing. I probably like Peggy too much and also because Sousa only sees evidence, he doesn't know the whole story yet (unlike us viewers) so we'll tend to tip our scale more to sympathize with Peggy.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)

Coulson was a "minor" character in four movies. And he wasn't that "minor" in "THOR" and "THE AVENGERS". Although Peggy had a supporting role in "CA: TFA", her role in the second "CAPTAIN AMERICA" movie was a lot smaller. I guess I don't agree with your comparison on who was more relevant - Peggy or Phil. Mind you, I am enjoying "AGENT CARTER" as much as I had enjoyed Season One of "AOS".
Then that's where we disagree-I got bored with SOA last season. Ward was he character who really bugged me,but I never got why Skye was so special,either. I think Coulson is "one guy" b/c the idea of Fury going to such extreme lengths for one agent is ridiculous. Phil isn't Maria and even then,I wouldn't get why Fury would go so far. Coulson did more for The Avengers in "death" than life.

The only characters I consistently enjoyed were Fitz and Simmons. The other characters are all cliche,even if I like Ming-Wa. I stopped watching halfway through because suspension of disbelief became a really tall order. Until the tie-in with Winter Soldier, idgaf.

If Peggy got saved like Phil,it would be because of her connection to everyone in CA:TFA. The show's explanation for Coulson's revival was weak and flimsy. That's me being kind and generous-I have much more accurate words.

The Howling Commandos and Howard are actually tied in. AOS has one character from The Avengers and their tie-ins to support an entire show. He wasn't popular enough to prop an entire show. The beginning of S.H.I.E.L.D. is more interesting and relevant than a bunch of nobodies dealing with stuff that's unimportant. They could have added relevant characters as they went on,but they didn't.

I had hope when they brought Mockingbird,but then they ruined it. Even bringing Maria on the show part-time would have helped. The few "canon" characters they have are blips on the comic book radar.

Everything on this show gives more insight into WS for me. Plus,it takes place during active wartime. Until the events of WA,AOS wasn't in a hurry.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

almost done. I love CMM on this.