Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Agent Carter 1x06 Episode Discussion: "A Sin to Err"

1x06 "A Sin to Err" Episode Discussion

"A Sin to Err" - Peggy discovers the shocking truth about Leviathan but doesn't realize that her true enemies are even closer than she imagined. Meanwhile, Souza is close to confirming the truth about Peggy and may just put her in the crosshairs of the SSR, on "Marvel's Agent Carter," Tuesday, February 10 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Marvel's Agent Carter" stars Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter, James D'Arcy as Edwin Jarvis, Chad Michael Murray as Agent Jack Thompson, Enver Gjokaj as Agent Daniel Sousa and Shea Whigham as Chief Roger Dooley.

Guest starring are Lyndsy Fonseca as Angie Marinelli, Alexander Carroll as Agent Yauch, Ralph Brown as Dr. Ivchenko, Meagan Fay as Miriam Fry, Bridget Regan as Dottie Underwood, Devin Ratray as Sheldon McFee, Steven Hack as Albert, Rick Peters as Dr. Honicky, Dimiter D. Marinov as Fyodor, Dave Matos as Pasha, Victoria Profeta as Josephine, Yasmine Aker as Thelma, Krista Marie Yu as Edith, Kellen Michael as Small Boy, Joyce Greenleaf as Esther, Mike Massa as SSR Agent #1, Marcus Young as SSR Agent #2, and Denney Pierce as SSR Agent #3.

"A Sin to Err" was written by Lindsey Allen and directed by Stephen Williams.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

It looks sooooo good!!

Thanks for starting this, Lindsay!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 02-10-2015, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for starting!!!
Old 02-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'll watch it later.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:16 PM
Loyal Fan

I figured out the problem with this show.
In a sense it's part of Agents of SHIELD so no one without some interest in AOS has any reason to look.
On the other hand it's not AOS. So having an interest in AOS does not create a compulsion to watch.
My problem with both this season is the high death count. Villains kill people sometimes to prove they're villains, but the heroes are taking many lives too.
Also the viewers can handle one traitor, but everyone in this show-including Peggy as she counters Stark with the blood-is on both sides if only by accident.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Master Fan

Great episode of the show.
Loved that Peggy and Jarvis are working together again. I really liked the slaps that the women gave Jarvis. I really hope next week that the guys at SSR will believe Peggy about everything that she has been doing.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 02-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5555 (View Post)
I figured out the problem with this show.
In a sense it's part of Agents of SHIELD so no one without some interest in AOS has any reason to look.
On the other hand it's not AOS. So having an interest in AOS does not create a compulsion to watch.
My problem with both this season is the high death count. Villains kill people sometimes to prove they're villains, but the heroes are taking many lives too.
Also the viewers can handle one traitor, but everyone in this show-including Peggy as she counters Stark with the blood-is on both sides if only by accident.

I suspect that the main problem might be sexism. I suspect that if "AGENT CARTER" had premiered fifteen to twenty years ago, it could have enjoyed better ratings. During the late 90s and throughout the last decade, action TV shows with one or more female leads were more successful - "BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER", "ALIAS" and "CHARMED" are examples. There are less one-hour shows in sci-fi/fantasy or adventure in which women are leading characters these days. The only real example seems to be "ONCE UPON A TIME", which features three female leads.

I wouldn't count on "AGENT CARTER" returning next season. ABC might be willing to give "AGENTS OF SHIELD" another chance, considering it is lead by a man, instead of a woman. But "AGENT CARTER"? I don't think so.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
I suspect that the main problem might be sexism. I suspect that if "AGENT CARTER" had premiered fifteen to twenty years ago, it could have enjoyed better ratings. During the late 90s and throughout the last decade, action TV shows with one or more female leads were more successful - "BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER", "ALIAS" and "CHARMED" are examples. There are less one-hour shows in sci-fi/fantasy or adventure in which women are leading characters these days. The only real example seems to be "ONCE UPON A TIME", which features three female leads.

I wouldn't count on "AGENT CARTER" returning next season. ABC might be willing to give "AGENTS OF SHIELD" another chance, considering it is lead by a man, instead of a woman. But "AGENT CARTER"? I don't think so.
This. AOS is so, so boring. I almost watched for Mockingbird,but they ruined it by making a random nobody her ex(As opposed to Hawkeye,her actual ex).

Why is it so hard to deal with a woman being a lead? She faces sexism in the 40's, but decades later,she'll be passed over for a show with a guy?

I thought this show was getting critical praise.
Old 02-11-2015, 01:12 AM
Loyal Fan

I posted this on my tsu blog the other day. It echoes your sentiments.
By giving 14 free channels HBO reveals some cute tactics. At one point The Other Woman and the First Wives Club were running opposite each other.
The contrast between the 2 films (both acclaimed for featuring 3 strong female parts) is proof that feminism is actually receding.
The First Wives Club featured 3 women never known for beauty and all nearly 50.
The Other Woman features a woman I never heard of, a woman famous for beauty only and an aging actress who still is getting parts based on her looks. All 3 are more attractive and younger than the prettiest of the other trio.
The first movie hedged its bets by featuring 3 men and a younger woman with several scenes.
The Other Woman used only one man and a brief scene with a fourth female. That saved a fortune on the budget and made the story easier to follow by younger, simpler minds.
However since the whole cast is younger, it means the viewers are believed to be even more simple-minded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)

Old 02-11-2015, 11:55 AM
New Fan

Another excellent episode, Peggy being a badass, beating all those agents, Peggy/Jarvis working together, also the Peggy/Jarvis scenes with those Howard's ladies were hilarious! And loved the scene with Angie and the SSR guys!
Next week's episode looks intense! It's really sad though, that there are only two episodes left.
And it will be truly devastating if this wonderful show gets cancelled!
Old 02-11-2015, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I hate focusing on the negative. I just want to enjoy the next 2 episodes.

I thought this was one of the best episodes, if not THE best of the season! Jack & Daniel confronting Peggy was so gut-wrenching! Especially Daniel. I really hope they believe her!

Old 02-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm going to watch now. I got done watching the fifth episode.
Old 02-11-2015, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)
I'm going to watch now. I got done watching the fifth episode.
Great!

Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

I checked on that ratings website and it's not in as much danger as the other shows.

This show is so much more relevant and has actual characters from the Avengers. I'm sorry, but Coulson was one agent. Yes,he was brave and his "Death" inspired everyone,but he was just an agent. Until he got the show,he was a minor character.

If I show centered around one minor character that has all these OC's and one altered comic character can get renewed,a show with a movie's leading lady and a supporting character should.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

^I really hope you're right! I don't watch AOS, so I would be very upset if this show got cancelled and that show kept going.