Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Master Fan

Hey all! I watched 'Tru' on Friday night and thought it was quite good. The first half I almost turned it off as it was freaking me out and I was getting confused. I enjoyed the second half though and can see the show has potential and is something a little different. Like you Muldz - I will give it a few more episodes to decide if I want to keep following it.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Juzzie

Its because of these relationships that i kinda got drawn into those shows, so it will be interesting to see what plays out with this, as i really dont feel anything for Tru's relationship with the Lecturer.
Yeah thats true hey? I didnt get any vibe off these two nothin interesting like the other couples u listed....maybe there is going to be someone else...who knows but ill be interested to see what part he plays in this weeks ep!
and movement stopped…
... for much, much more than a moment.
And then the moment was gone.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:18 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Chilli
Ohhh so the chick that played rebecca is off Zena? Was she evil in that show? All through the ep I kept thinking 'that chicks evil' and I could'nt figure out why she gave me the creeps, its been years since I watched Zena.
yeah she is off Xena. and yeah she was evil on that show.

and i thought the reason that she could run everywhere without breaking a sweat is b/c she is re-living the day and so she has all the energy from the 1st time she lived the day so she can run twice as fast as she normally would be able to. but that could just be me reading too much into it. which is what i always seem to do with these kinds of shows. i have to find a reason why this and why that

Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ambato
it was odd seeing her wear a skirt. i think it'll take a few more eps before i stop seeing her as faith & start seeing her as tru.

i feel the same way. i can't get the picture out of my head that she is still Faith. but i guess it will take time to do that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chilli
I liked the show, except it's not the kind of show i'd watch if Eliza was'nt in it.
same here, i agree.

Last edited by REG; 06-15-2004 at 04:26 AM
Old 06-15-2004, 06:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I've been looking forward to seeing Tru Calling for ages and have to say I was kinda dissapointed, I thought Eliza was pretty good (though I couldn't help thinking of Faith) but the storyline for the ep just seemed really predictable to me and this whole 'Groundhog Day' thing has been done a thousand times. I think it could still be a good show but it will depend on the writing improving. Maybe I just need a few more eps to get into it and to get used to Eliza being Tru.

Well, isn't it comforting to know that being miserable is still better than being an idiot? - Clare Fisher
Old 06-16-2004, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is a great show, but I'm not willing to get the dvds when they come out
Old 06-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Supreme Fan

thats a wonder... you have the DVds to almost everything dont you Kelly?

I'd love to raid you DVDs.

I dont think the relationship with the Lecturer is serious, cause on the as for this weeks ep, it shows Tru kissing the fireman... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 06-17-2004, 06:55 PM
Loyal Fan

it is a awesome show i hope they come out on dvd
i was just in mcdonalds having lunch and there was a article in the mercury about it with a huge picture going on about americans turning towards spiritual shows and thats why tru calling got another season it is doing really well im so glad i hope it does get released
Old 06-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Master Fan

Yay Tru is on tonight!
Old 06-18-2004, 07:33 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

tonight's ep was good. i am going to go so far as to say it was even better than last week's.

i like the reversal of time effect they do when the day well... is reversed. and when she remembers things from living the day the 1st time around, the effect of that. the sort of gray grainy effect. u all know what i'm talking about, the flashback-type flashbacks. did that make sense?

the fireman. at 1st i thought it was Jerry O'Connel (sp?) but when i got to c a clearer vision of his face i knew it wasn't him.

Tru looking up stuff in the database. it reminded me of Willow looking up stuff on a computer, and when she hacked into computers. i miss Willow and the whole of Buffy

i still can't picture her as another character. i still keep thinking of her in terms of Faith. the main thing that makes me think of her as Faith is when she is standing in the graveyard in the opening credits. i think it may be the same cemetery lot they they used on Buffy. it looks so similar.

side note: Charisma Carpenter is going to be on Miss Match next week.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:41 AM
Supreme Fan

Tonights ep was good.

I get what you mean about her reaction to the flashbacks, when she wakes up. Although i find it funny she only relives the days when someone dies and asks her for help.

Its kinda sad that Tru lost 2 relationships in one day, thats pretty bad going. I loved how she got back at the lecturer for cheating on her too.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 06-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah last nights episode was so much better but it was so sad i nearly cried!
i dont really like the show before it miss match i wanted to but i dont!
Tru Calling though WOW it is so good i already want it on dvd!
Old 06-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Loyal Fan

yeah, thought the ep was good but missed last weeks so have nothing to compare it to. thought it was really sad that they killed him off. hope they don't do that sort of thing to much.

but other wise, really enjoyed it. harrison was pretty funny. but i don't know about the sister yet. seemed kinda weird.
Old 06-19-2004, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
thats a wonder... you have the DVds to almost everything dont you Kelly?

I'd love to raid you DVDs.
Almost

LMAO

I didn't jump in my chair this time
I wanted the fireman to live not fair
Old 06-20-2004, 02:37 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

so what DVDs do u have, if u don't mind my asking?
Old 06-20-2004, 06:34 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm loving Tru Calling already. Friday's ep was great. I love how she said to her ex 'You only get one day' or something like that, and how she fell for that fireman dude. aw it was sad. I love it already. lol Do we have a fan list? (I didnt go to the first page) If we do can I be added? lol if not we should do one or something.