Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-11-2004, 06:22 AM
REG
Extreme Fan

i saw the ep aswell. and i loved it. some of the locations looked like they were from Buffy. like the graveyard and the office of that guy that said "do u have a resume for me or should i call security", that looked like the Wolfram & Hart offices that the A-Team work at now.

when Tru said "have a little faith in your sister", i thought that was a nice reference to her character on Buffy. even if it wasn't meant as a reference.

i liked the promo ads they had during Miss Match. and she said "all new on 7", so that means she knows that we Aussies were waiting for the show to start here.

and at least Ch7 aka the 's put the show on at a decent time.

and did any1 else notice that the blonde girl that she saved is Callisto from Xena?

and i have been spoiler free too

Last edited by REG; 06-11-2004 at 06:32 AM
Old 06-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

so she is callisto? i had just come on to ask whether that chick was callisto.

it looks like a good show, i like harrison.
aj cook's in it aswell, only for a couple scenes this ep but she was in the opening credits so.

it was odd seeing her wear a skirt. i think it'll take a few more eps before i stop seeing her as faith & start seeing her as tru.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:18 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ambato
it was odd seeing her wear a skirt. i think it'll take a few more eps before i stop seeing her as faith & start seeing her as tru.
Yeah I know what you mean. But that scene where she kicked the gun out of the ex boyfriends hand... my friend and i both said to each other... "nice moves for a college/med student" and then we squealed "faith"

I really liked this first ep though.

When i first heard of Tru Calling, i didnt wanna know what it was about, because i thought it would never make it to our TV screens here. But Im so glad that it has.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!
Old 06-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I taped Tru Calling. I thought it was ok. I too can't help but not think Faith ... I know this is silly but the makeup and hair are still the same

Anyway did anyone else think that she did a lot of running? Tru ran everywhere .... I think she may need to spring for a car or a bike at least

I think I may need a couple more eps, for me to get into to it. To be honest.
Old 06-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I miss FAITH!!!!!!!!!!
But I suppose Tru will have to do.
I liked the show, except it's not the kind of show i'd watch if Eliza was'nt in it. I was freaked out when the dead chick opened her eyes, did anyone else notice the msjor suspense music in the lead up?

Haha Tru definatly did ALOT of running!

I thought it was kinda off that she has been lying to her friends about her boyfriend/professor. I could never lie to my friends that easily.

Ohh and the bit where she did the kick thing? what was that? They should have shown her doing kickboxing training or something because it's kinda unblieveable that that kick came outa nowhere, I certainly could'nt do that

Her brothers Hot

Ohhh so the chick that played rebecca is off Zena? Was she evil in that show? All through the ep I kept thinking 'that chicks evil' and I could'nt figure out why she gave me the creeps, its been years since I watched Zena.

Over all, not bad, not brilliant. Definatly has some potential though.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The first eppy, Rocked!! I jumped a few times when the dead girl turned her head and talked ::shivers::
I can't wait for the next one
Old 06-12-2004, 06:22 AM
Loyal Fan

It's only been one episode and I love it already!

I wasn't sure that I would like it, but I was captivated from the first 5 minutes.

I just loved everything about it, especially when Tru realised that the woman had comitted suicide and hadn't been shot by somebody else.

I'm definately going to watch it every week .

Reading Is Awesome!
Michael: Why me?
Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

I watched this on Friday night too....

I'm still out on it. I didnt find me in love with the show. I didnt hate it but it felt like it was missing something...

Maybe I'm thinking too much about it but I realise that Tru has the ability to go back and try and make the person survive but I dont get how it doesnt affect other events - that it's not a follow on effect. Like if I dont catch the first train but the second train, I'll be late to work and then I will go to lunch later and miss eating the particular sandwich that had salmonella in it. You get what I mean - she goes along and changes things but would it effect things as a whole...

Something about Eliza doesnt fit. I dont know whether it's her delivery but sometimes I cant see her emotions. Her face doesnt tell a thing - like when she was telling Rebecca about her mother - yes the tone of voice changed slightly but there wasnt any movement in the eyes or face whatsoever.

And gosh was I sick of seeing Tru run - I realise it's not the point but gosh Eliza doesnt look good when she runs and btw - wear suitable support if you're doing that much running.

I really enjoyed seeing A.J Cook in something. I think she is really good as an actress ie Higher Ground. However, I have this feeling she will be underused as this sidekick.

I liked how Tru hadnt told her friends about the professor. Added an interesting twist. I also like Harrison - Tru's brother but really dont like the sister - her name has slipped my memory.

I liked the main doctor at the morgue - quite entertaining.

I also love the choice of theme song - really fits in with the context of the whole show. Actually the music in the show were some really good choices.

Does anyone know what the song was that they were playing during the final graveyard scene. As a sidenote - it so reminded me of Buffy - the whole pose and everything.

Sara
Old 06-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't wait to see Ryan Kwanten in the 8th? eppy ex-H&A star (Vinnie)
Old 06-12-2004, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So glad its not just me who noticed the endless running

I'm still not sure about the show, I don't not like it, but I didn't get hooked on it right from the start

Kelly Oooh Vinnie will be on a later ep cool
Old 06-12-2004, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

Hiya chilli

I really like the show. I dunno if I would watch it without Eliza but I really like her as an actor and LOVED Faith in Buffy.

I will def keep on watching this!
Old 06-13-2004, 03:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi guys i watched and taped it fri night.

It started off good but sort of fizzled towards the end. I too hope she doesnt run everywhere . Only the movie Run Lola Run has made that work lol. I too went um how did a medical student know how to do a roundhouse kick hahahah. I like the premise but i can see problems that the show may have. But ill give it a few eps before i make up my mind totally.

Not one of the best Pilots ive seen

Muldz
Old 06-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey guys
i too felt that there was something missing in the pilot. not sure what exactly yet but maybe ill work it out after a few eps....
thats not to say that i didnt like it...i was fairly interested in most of it and def liked Harrison lol!!
But i hope it gets better i think the show def has potential!!
haha and i agree with all the running whats going on there!
Anyways cant wait to see the next ep....
and movement stopped…
... for much, much more than a moment.
And then the moment was gone.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

i loved it shes such a good actress and my family loved it plus were faith fans apperently it gets better in the series
Old 06-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
i too felt that there was something missing in the pilot. not sure what exactly yet but maybe ill work it out after a few eps....
I have noticed in most pilot eps there is a lot of focus on the love interest aspects, but i didnt really notice that with this show.

Normally there is a relationship, which you can tell is about to happen, and you then watch it as it develops... examples off the top of my head are buffy & angel, liz & max, clark & lana, max and logan.... etc, etc.

Its because of these relationships that i kinda got drawn into those shows, so it will be interesting to see what plays out with this, as i really dont feel anything for Tru's relationship with the Lecturer.

When your dreams turn to dust....vacuum!

Last edited by Juzzie; 06-14-2004 at 09:58 PM