Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2018, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm probably more Lucas in that situation
Old 03-17-2018, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I literally hate being approached, just leave me alone, tbh. Unless you happen to be a dog. Then approach, by all means.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-17-2018, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Depends on the dog personally, since there is some dogs I can't stand.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I generally love dogs. Humans not so much.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just don't like bulldogs for some reason.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
He wasn't called out on his feelings for her at the very beginning... and even when he was, someone else saying it doesn't make him instantly aware of them.
That was also a bit of Peyton's doing since she told Brooke/Haley she wasn't back for Lucas. There was no point in bringing it up if everyone thought Peyton/Lucas had both moved on. We find out in S6 that Peyton had a very serious relationship with Julian. I'm sure Brooke/Haley knew about the relationship. So there was no real reason to think that Peyton was harboring these feelings for him.

Brooke was the first one to figure it out for both of them. Brooke called Lucas out on being in love with Peyton like after 3 or 4 episodes of season 5. Lucas ignored her. Nathan called him out during the club scene. Lucas did have people telling him fairly early on, plus his own actions towards Peyton (Telling her the bartender wasn't good enough for her, seeking her out to yell at her various times, having a HUGE fight with her about his unresolved feelings). Brooke also repeatedly told Peyton to just admit why she really came home from episode 1.

The thing is, just because someone knows something deep down inside, doesn't mean they'll acknowledge it out loud. Lucas never responded to being called out, because he had no valid excuse for why he did what he did. He loved Peyton, but he was with Lindsey and he was stubborn and still hurting. So he chose to go the safe route (his own words in the dream sequence in ep 1 of season 6).

I do think Lucas would've gone through with the wedding to, but the marriage wouldn't have lasted. Lindsay had so many doubts from the moment Peyton came back that there was no way they were making it to endgame status. The final straw was realizing he titled the book The Comet and realized it wasn't a scientific reference at all. It, along with everything else he'd done in S5 was a tribute to his love for Peyton.

Like Haley said, sometimes you write the things you can't say. He wrote a love book for and to Peyton. (A 2nd one actually).
Old 03-18-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He loved Lindsey too, and I think people underestimate just how easy it is to go the safe route when the safe route means not hurting someone that has never hurt you, even if it hurts the person you love the most, who has hurt you.

It's not really a would've Lucas gone through with the wedding. He did. Lindsey didn't. It wouldn't have lasted if she had, but Lucas went through with it. It wasn't fair of him to do that to himself or to Lindsey, though. He was settling because it's easier than letting in someone that hurt you, especially when you love that person in your own way, even when it isn't the right way.

Side note on this: It really annoys me that Lucas was allowed to be hurt over Peyton saying "someday" to a proposal when she may as well have still been a child, but she was not allowed to be hurt at all by the way he treated her in season 5.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-18-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
He loved Lindsey too, and I think people underestimate just how easy it is to go the safe route when the safe route means not hurting someone that has never hurt you, even if it hurts the person you love the most, who has hurt you.

It's not really a would've Lucas gone through with the wedding. He did. Lindsey didn't. It wouldn't have lasted if she had, but Lucas went through with it. It wasn't fair of him to do that to himself or to Lindsey, though. He was settling because it's easier than letting in someone that hurt you, especially when you love that person in your own way, even when it isn't the right way.

Side note on this: It really annoys me that Lucas was allowed to be hurt over Peyton saying "someday" to a proposal when she may as well have still been a child, but she was not allowed to be hurt at all by the way he treated her in season 5.
I think the biggest obstacle Lindsay was always up against wasn't anyone on the show. She was up against the writers. She was clearly only introduced as a prop to get Lucas/Peyton back together. So they wrote her as an ancillary character who was brought in to bring Lucas/Peyton back together. Lindsay was never going to get a happy ending, because she wasn't a protagonist.

I kind of jumped off the Lucas train after S1. He constantly made bad choices regarding his love life and each time he ended up hurting Brooke/Peyton. But the fans always focused on the fault of the girls in the storyline and not the guy who was the catalyst for it.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's very true about Lindsey, she was more a means to an end than anything. Dragging it out was a mistake, really. Shouldn't have got to the wedding, should have ended the second she realised what Lucas wasn't ready to acknowledge - how he felt.

That's so disgustingly typical of fandom and society as a whole, tbh.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-18-2018, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

I think that's more an reflection on Mark's writing of female characters more than anything, since an similar thing happened with S2 Haley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennylou (View Post)
I kind of jumped off the Lucas train after S1. He constantly made bad choices regarding his love life and each time he ended up hurting Brooke/Peyton. But the fans always focused on the fault of the girls in the storyline and not the guy who was the catalyst for it.
I always hated what they did to Luke's character, especially all of it was clearly avoidable. What would you have preferred to have seen when it came to his character and his love life after S1?

Last edited by stlavin95; 03-19-2018 at 03:41 AM
Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think that's more an reflection on Mark's writing of female characters more than anything, since an similar thing happened with S2 Haley.
Oh it totally was, it's insulting.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 03-19-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh it totally was, it's insulting.
It seriously was.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)

I always hated what they did to Luke's character, especially all of it was clearly avoidable. What would you have preferred to have seen when it came to his character and his love life after S1?
I wasn't mad about Luke/Brooke reconnecting in S2. What I hated is that they constantly made Brooke nervous about Peyton and her relationship to Lucas. EVEN when Peyton was with Jake. Mark and Co. did a huge disservice to Peyton by constantly inserting her as the focal point of Brucas's relationship as if Peyton was to blame for the ending. My issue is that Lucas made the choice in S1 to end things with Brooke and in S3 he chose to be there for Peyton and go back for her in the library. None of that was Peyton's fault or even her doing. I'm not sure Brucas fans would have been more forgiving of Leyton becoming an item in S4 but it wouldn't have hurt to make Lucas the focal point of why things ended with Brooke instead of portraying Peyton as the bad guy, especially considering Lucas had no idea how Peyton felt about him until well after he and Brook broke up in S4.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennylou (View Post)
I wasn't mad about Luke/Brooke reconnecting in S2. What I hated is that they constantly made Brooke nervous about Peyton and her relationship to Lucas. EVEN when Peyton was with Jake. Mark and Co. did a huge disservice to Peyton by constantly inserting her as the focal point of Brucas's relationship as if Peyton was to blame for the ending. My issue is that Lucas made the choice in S1 to end things with Brooke and in S3 he chose to be there for Peyton and go back for her in the library. None of that was Peyton's fault or even her doing. I'm not sure Brucas fans would have been more forgiving of Leyton becoming an item in S4 but it wouldn't have hurt to make Lucas the focal point of why things ended with Brooke instead of portraying Peyton as the bad guy, especially considering Lucas had no idea how Peyton felt about him until well after he and Brook broke up in S4.
I definitely hated the writers went back to Lucas/Brooke in S2, especially since it was clearly influenced by Chad/Sophia's relationship at that point since it clearly wasn't apart of the original plan for the show at all and that's why the writers had to rewrite history in order for the to work.

Peyton was such an massive issue with Brucas' relationship because Luke's top priority throughout their whole relationship was his friendship with Peyton and the only people who ignore are BL fans. I definitely would say that they made Lucas an focal point in why Brucas ended, since their argument in 3.22/break up in 4.01 had everything to do with his 'limitations' as an boyfriend and nothing to do with Peyton's reveal of her resurfaced feelings.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, it was so clearly influenced by RL and not part of the plan, so it never should have happened. RL should never impact on screen in such a direct way, especially when it involves rewriting history to force it.

Yep, Peyton was always Lucas' priority. Even when he was verbally saying he wanted to be with Brooke, his actions didn't back up his words at all, they always directly contradicted his words.

Leigh Tumblr
Closed Thread   Post New Thread