View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 04:28 AM
stlavin95
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwennylou (View Post)
I wasn't mad about Luke/Brooke reconnecting in S2. What I hated is that they constantly made Brooke nervous about Peyton and her relationship to Lucas. EVEN when Peyton was with Jake. Mark and Co. did a huge disservice to Peyton by constantly inserting her as the focal point of Brucas's relationship as if Peyton was to blame for the ending. My issue is that Lucas made the choice in S1 to end things with Brooke and in S3 he chose to be there for Peyton and go back for her in the library. None of that was Peyton's fault or even her doing. I'm not sure Brucas fans would have been more forgiving of Leyton becoming an item in S4 but it wouldn't have hurt to make Lucas the focal point of why things ended with Brooke instead of portraying Peyton as the bad guy, especially considering Lucas had no idea how Peyton felt about him until well after he and Brook broke up in S4.
I definitely hated the writers went back to Lucas/Brooke in S2, especially since it was clearly influenced by Chad/Sophia's relationship at that point since it clearly wasn't apart of the original plan for the show at all and that's why the writers had to rewrite history in order for the to work.

Peyton was such an massive issue with Brucas' relationship because Luke's top priority throughout their whole relationship was his friendship with Peyton and the only people who ignore are BL fans. I definitely would say that they made Lucas an focal point in why Brucas ended, since their argument in 3.22/break up in 4.01 had everything to do with his 'limitations' as an boyfriend and nothing to do with Peyton's reveal of her resurfaced feelings.