Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Total Fan

The Romantics (NH) #320: B/C Nathan loves Haley, even when she is lesser.

He was the most popular boy in school. She was an outsider who had no desire to be a part of his world. When their paths crossed it was the last thing either one of them expected and the best thing that ever happened to both. She sees the good buried deep inside him and he can't force himself to not care about her.

We are The Romantics, the community dedicated to the unexpected romance that blossomed between Nathan Scott and Haley James on the new WB hit "One Tree Hill."

Once upon a time...

So pretty together...

The Obligatory Lists

[please PM Vilandra-N-Kivar-Lover to be added to the lists]

Nathan/Haley links

Unexpected-Info, multimedia, fanstuff, more!
Electrifying-Fanfic collective
Nathan And Haley Fans-Livejournal Community
Nothing Else Matters-Fan clique
Simple-Fanfic archive
The Romantics Garden-Images, quotes, articles, more!
Perfect-The Nathan Scott fanlisting
Tutor-Girl-The Haley James fanlisting
They Can Watch- One Tree Hill/LOST Fanfiction and Videos

*The Romantics Glossary*
Pippi: Lucas
BK (Bunny Killer): Anna
BPR (Blue Power Ranger): Felix
MILFH or The Banshee: Deb
The Puppetmaster: Dan

_Fanart of the Moment_

Made by Linda!

_Song of the Moment_

What Happened To Us? - Hoobastank

I thought it was too good to be true
I found somebody who understands me
Someone who would help me to get through
And fill an emptiness I had inside me
But you kept inside and I just denied
Some things that we should have both said
I knew it was too good to be true
Cause I'm the only one who understands me

What happened to us?
We used to be so perfect
Now we're lost and lonely
What happened to us?
And deep inside I wonder
Did I loose my only?

Remember they thought we were too young
To really know what it takes to make it
But we had survived off what we have done
So we could show them all that they're mistaken
But who could have known
The lies that would grow
Until we could see right through them
Remember they knew we were too young
We still don't know what it takes to make it

What happened to us?
We used to be so perfect
What happened to us?
And deep inside I wonder
Did I loose my only one?

We could've made it work
We could've found a way
We should've done our best to see another day
But we kept it all inside until it was too late
And now we're both alone
The consequence we pay for throwing it all away
For throwing it all away

What happened to us?
We used to be so perfect
What happened to us?
And deep inside I wonder
Did I loose my only?

What happened to us?
What happened to us?
What happened to us?
What happened to us?

_Pictures of the Moment_

Nathan, Haley fell for you when you were a different guy

a lesser guy.

Maybe you should remember the real Haley - even when she's lesser too. - Lucas
Old 02-23-2005, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Afternoon all Romantics. I missed everyone alot...I had Monday off and then took Tuesday off too since I wasn't feeling so good. And I have so much to catch up....LOL

Lucy. LOVE the new thread. Very well done.

Hay, I know I'm late and you're on your trip, but great job on the last thread. And hope you have a blast at Vegas. Btw, East won baby!

to my 'Work & Play Girls'. Since I was out yesterday, I had alot to catch up on today. But since FF was down, I finished most of it. Hope it's not too bad for you guys. Tammy, I finally cleared out my PM box, so you can send me more gerat videos of our boy playing ball.
Erin, Deni and Tammy, thanks for asking but the move still hasn't happend. I wish they'd get it over with already instead of having me waiting day to day when it's really going to happend. Erin, I'm loving Dilbert. Deni, could you send me the transcript please? I can see the video but can't hear it so well since I have neighbors.

to my Gutter Girls. Jackie, H Izzo, Heather. Tiffany and Tashy.
Heather. I did watch NBA All-Star weekend and James did not participate or show up at either games. But I know he was watching and was excited to see the games, like I was.

Shauna (love your new sig), Susan, Nicole, Ally, Mel, Lucy, Denise3, Shannon, Caroline, Jane, Charli and Mara.

Quote of Last Night:

"Nathan, Haley fell for you when you were a different guy - a lesser guy. Maybe you should remember the real Haley even when she's lesser too.".

I can't say how many times I rewinded that scene over and over. It was absolutely perfect and leaves me with such higher hopes now.

Charli, ITA with your post about the Brothers, last night had to be one of the best Brothers episodes so far.

Props to Pippi....and glad to see he's trying to play Dan too. I also felt bad for him when he talked about Haley, granted we hadn't seen many Laley scenes but I can relate to where he was coming from about just wanting to say "goodbye". At least he did that when he left last season.

I agree with everyone about Whitey...he made me cry too. Damn 3 straight weeks this show has made me cry.

Liked Jeyton and all...but don't get the warm fuzzies like I do with N/H.

Liked Brooke's JFK quote. Anybody know the name of the book Luke gave her? is it me or did we see the beginning of the end of BPR and Brooke?

Liked Peyton's time-capsule speech about "when the face of hope is a boy's face, it comes with trust issues for her" and then the camera pans to Nathan. Very fitting for him too.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:24 PM
New Fan

What Is On The Cingular Clip?

Alright, I'm seriously not to proud to beg for more details on the cingular spoiler/preview that's out. Can someone PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE describe in fair detail what the clip shows and what is said? I have tried repeatedly to download the clip...etc. with no success. I'm dying here, please throw a desperate fan a bone and let me know what you can about the spoiler/preview - I will be eternally greatful!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:41 PM
Supreme Fan

Lucy Thanks for the new thread! I love the title!

How is everyone! Glad I could finally get on!

SMs/ Erin/Bekah/FKATF/Jean/Lucy/Ally

An extra Jean!

I liked the episode last night...Even Lucas who I'm sure won't let me down and I will once again not like!

Whitey is my hero! Plus, I think my sig was proven a little more true last night!

Now I need to catch up!
Old 02-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Master Fan

LUCY!!! aww hun i knew i loved ur threads totally have that fanart.....and aww love hoobastank....all of the thread looks beautiful

pat

Old 02-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Great new thread Lucy! Love the title and the song and pics. Wonderful start!

Susan: Want to PM me and talk theories? I noticed some interesting things last night. Remember it's who he talks to, rather than what he says.

Jackie: You wanted to know the theory yesterday? Do you still, because it's pretty out there.

Advice on romance from Oliver Queen - nothing says I love you like space hardware.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

sure erin y not i mean i dont have to believe it LOL jk....you can PM it if you want

going home in a few minutes...i hope i get to talk too you guys later

Old 02-23-2005, 12:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Erin- Sure, why not? I'm interested to see your revisions...

Whit, Shauna:

Great job on the thread! Could have done without poser boy though, but I'm in a forgiving mood.
Old 02-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the new thread Lucy. I was on a high after last night's episode and then I watched the Cingular clip. What are they doing to Haley? I couldn't quite understand the full affect of what Nathan was saying. Did he say that Haley said that Chris and she were a couple or were they just appearing together on national TV? Did Nathan even see it? I'm a bit confused here. I do believe it's another misdirect by Mark. Nathan sees his worst fears rather than what is actually occurring. I can't believe that Haley would make all those denials and then turn around and "be" w/ Chris.

Sooner or later there's an end to this candle; we'll burn it at both ends then switch on the lights! - Ballad of Nice and Easy, Gomez
Old 02-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Lucy, great thread!!! Love the title and the song by Hoobastank is awesome. And the art by Linda, its beautiful, great job!!

redjet3, I tried to PM you but you have no PM option. Email is disabled as well. I made a transcript, but how do I send it to you?

Erin, I'm working on a reply to your PM, I liked your idea.

Pat, I posted in the last thread, but its good to have you back!

Elizabeth, I actually loved the clip. It got me even more psyched to see the ep next tuesday. I think its a misunderstanding as usual. What I got from it was that he saw her on TV and something she said made it SEEM that she was with Chris. Maybe they were interviwed and the reporter misconstrued things and twisted her words at the end of the segment. It could be many things. This would make perfect sense for some stuff that is better discussed at the spoilers thread.

Van Clemmons: Mr. Echolls, I was wondering if I could have a word?
Logan: Anthropomorphic. All yours, big guy.

icon: SunnyGeri
Old 02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Total Fan

I am so glad you all are enjoying the new thread! Sorry it is kinda lacking, I had one up and ready to go and then my internet quit on me. Then I was in a rush to get it all together so I apologize!

Elizabeth- I think Haley and Chris were just on national tv together, probably promoting the tour or something. I didn't hear Nathan's line as they were "together-together." No chance.

Susan, I know I know. I could of lived without Chris in their either... sorry hun!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Jackie.

Deni, thanks for the PM. I wrote back and even added in a little comment for D3 that I hope you can pass on to her.

Erin.

Susan, I hear ya about Poser. MY EYES!!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Absolute Fan

the new thread.... argh i have to catch up later.... i can't come back here till tomorrow... gonna miss you guys!!
Old 02-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm all for reading any theories anybody has.

In the cingular clip, I don't buy for one second that she's "with" Chris. It's probably just something misconstrued by the media or the interviewer(I assume they're being interviewed). Boy, that sure happened fast huh? Play a couple of songs in a small town club and all of a sudden you get to go on national TV.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Lucy- awesome start on the thread!!

Erin- I'd love to read your theory!!!

Dropping this off at this thread as well: I'm writing my own version of Somewhere A Clock Is Ticking, totally different from what is going to happen in the actual episode, but I think this way is better, hahaha- so go check it out: click here replace ******* with e z b o a r d (without the spaces). I'll probably have it finished tonight!

Man, so many theories spinning in my head, I got a headache!!
Is it your name?
icon by antedka
Closed Thread   Post New Thread