Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2020, 03:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondieLeigh (View Post)
It's not Chad or his wife that keep bringing up Sophia...

There was literally no reason for the show to continue past season 6.
No, I know he didn't. I didn't say that. I talked specifically about the swipe Chad's wife took at Sophia. I didn't elaborate.

Other people bring it up to Sophia all the time. And she got attacked by Chad or at least Sarah, kind of more of a verbal snark that was unnecessary for the so-called winning party.

Andy Cohen brought it up. Fans who call in bring it up. Dax Shepard brought it up. Every time Sophia doesn't want to talk about it, and I admit she mentions "bad guy"/"bad relationship" a lot in interviews, so I feel like if anyone's bringing it up, unsolicited, it's definitely Sophia.

Chad's wife said something about how she was pressured to marry Chad, too.

But, I don't think that was the point of my post. I just used that as a reference to talk about how indifferent Chad's acting always seem to me. So I'm not surprised he quit. After his contract ended.

And, no, there was no reason to go past season 6. This is why I think the showrunner wasn't very good at his job. He just wanted a pet project of exploitations for as long as it would last.

https://oth-rewatch.tumblr.com/post/173956046480

Last edited by valleygirlsyndrome; 07-25-2020 at 03:43 PM
Old 07-25-2020, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That was a response to something Sophia had said about Chad. She makes digs at him every now and again in interviews (likely prompted by the interviewer, but she should shut it down), you can't expect his wife to sit by and take it when all they're doing is trying to live their lives with their kids. Sophia's stans can be pretty rabid (I see that all the time, it's disgusting), and Chad's wife has a right to protect her family.

As I said, if Sophia didn't want to talk about it, she'd shut it down, not entertain the discussion. She can literally get her publicist to shut it down before any interview started if she wanted to.

Tbh it's not relevant in terms of Chad's acting.

Anyways, this is the Nathan/Haley thread so that's off topic anyways, moving on -

It was totally all about the money for him. He didn't care that the quality was declining fast, he just wanted to get paid and continue preying on women (I remember Danneel saying something about her only agreeing to come back in the later seasons because she was working with Paul and Paul's presence made the abuser back off more).

Lbr, Naley were pretty much the only good thing about the later seasons, and you can't realistically drag a show out when it only has one good element, especially when the stories they're getting weren't exactly great.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-25-2020, 04:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That was a response to something Sophia had said about Chad. She makes digs at him every now and again in interviews (likely prompted by the interviewer, but she should shut it down), you can't expect his wife to sit by and take it when all they're doing is trying to live their lives with their kids. Sophia's stans can be pretty rabid (I see that all the time, it's disgusting), and Chad's wife has a right to protect her family.

As I said, if Sophia didn't want to talk about it, she'd shut it down, not entertain the discussion. She can literally get her publicist to shut it down before any interview started if she wanted to.

Tbh it's not relevant in terms of Chad's acting.

Anyways, this is the Nathan/Haley thread so that's off topic anyways, moving on -

It was totally all about the money for him. He didn't care that the quality was declining fast, he just wanted to get paid and continue preying on women (I remember Danneel saying something about her only agreeing to come back in the later seasons because she was working with Paul and Paul's presence made the abuser back off more).

Lbr, Naley were pretty much the only good thing about the later seasons, and you can't realistically drag a show out when it only has one good element, especially when the stories they're getting weren't exactly great.

Yeah, it's NH thread so it's off-topic. But, I know she would always take digs. I think I mentioned that. That always bugged me. Like I love Sophia, and she and Joy are probably my favorites. Hilarie's probably my favorite writer, because the showrunner didn't really get her to show her range, so I like her book better than Hilarie only getting to cry.

But, Sophia talking about Austin coming to the show because of her relationship with a very bad guy, or other little not-so-subtle jabs. It's not as private as she makes it out to be.

Anyway, yes, I remember that about Danneel.

Naley was the only good thing. That's the only thing I like about those later seasons. I agree, dragging a show out just for Naley. Just bad. I think I said in another post that he was just dragging out these projects just as long as he could have his place to abuse women and make money off it.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She just needs to shut it down, not give her rabid stans an excuse to start attacking Chad's family, because they are awful, and I wouldn't put it past them bringing his kids into it.

I don't think Sophia believes it's private at all. She's not stupid.

Kind of makes me wonder if Paul would stand up to him. I hope so, people like that need others standing up to them.

Yeah, he pretty much was. There was no reason for the show to continue, and it was impossible for him not to see that, but if he'd ended it he would have lost the money and the ability to abuse.

I literally skipped through the last seasons for Naley No interest in the rest of it.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-25-2020, 04:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
She just needs to shut it down, not give her rabid stans an excuse to start attacking Chad's family, because they are awful, and I wouldn't put it past them bringing his kids into it.

I don't think Sophia believes it's private at all. She's not stupid.

Kind of makes me wonder if Paul would stand up to him. I hope so, people like that need others standing up to them.

Yeah, he pretty much was. There was no reason for the show to continue, and it was impossible for him not to see that, but if he'd ended it he would have lost the money and the ability to abuse.

I literally skipped through the last seasons for Naley No interest in the rest of it.
No, she's definitely not. But, rabid fans are like god, they're universal.

To get back on NH, I loved this look:

https://prettylittlegreene.tumblr.com/tagged/3.20

I also skipped through the last seasons for Naley. I skipped through a lot of in between seasons for Naley.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tbh I've not seen many as bad as hers.

Love that!

They were the only thing worth watching in the end.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Chad never really said about all of Sophia's digs over the years until last year

They really were, especially in seasons 7 and 9
Old 07-25-2020, 04:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Tbh I've not seen many as bad as hers.

Love that!

They were the only thing worth watching in the end.
I don't know. I love Peyton. Her style, her music, has always inspired me. However, none of the characters were perfect. And if I posted something on my insta criticizing Peyton, even though I believe I've been clear that I don't think any of the characters are perfect, or if anyone reposted a Brooke and Peyton gif, there was always this rabid discussion among certain Peyton fans. Or just one that approached my post and kind of ranted on it about how I was acting like Nathan and Brooke were perfect and Peyton never improved and throwing me in with everyone who hated Peyton. I think Nathan and Brooke improved the most, for whatever reason. I think Peyton had her flaws. I think they all had her flaws. But, the post I made was about a specific thing, and I'm very clear with my words. I just think some Peyton fans I've encountered just can't help but defend "their baby".

What I don't like about the Sophia stans, are that they completely ignore the shady stuff she's done. Whether it's taking jabs at Chad. Or some other things, I think she sometimes does for attention.

Just because you're a fan, doesn't mean you have to blindly worship someone. I feel like I never see or hear any discussion of some of that stuff.

Nathan and Haley kept that show going for three more seasons. Because if Joy and James left, it would be over.
Old 07-25-2020, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygirlsyndrome (View Post)
I don't know. I love Peyton. Her style, her music, has always inspired me. However, none of the characters were perfect. And if I posted something on my insta criticizing Peyton, even though I believe I've been clear that I don't think any of the characters are perfect, or if anyone reposted a Brooke and Peyton gif, there was always this rabid discussion among certain Peyton fans. Or just one that approached my post and kind of ranted on it about how I was acting like Nathan and Brooke were perfect and Peyton never improved and throwing me in with everyone who hated Peyton. I think Nathan and Brooke improved the most, for whatever reason. I think Peyton had her flaws. I think they all had her flaws. But, the post I made was about a specific thing, and I'm very clear with my words. I just think some Peyton fans I've encountered just can't help but defend "their baby".

What I don't like about the Sophia stans, are that they completely ignore the shady stuff she's done. Whether it's taking jabs at Chad. Or some other things, I think she sometimes does for attention.

Just because you're a fan, doesn't mean you have to blindly worship someone. I feel like I never see or hear any discussion of some of that stuff.

Nathan and Haley kept that show going for three more seasons. Because if Joy and James left, it would be over.
I've never seen Hilarie fans try and bully someone into quitting their job like Sophia's stans have to Tracy Spiridakos, or specifically seek out fans on social media to attack them when they're minding their own business. They've also been known to spam Jesse Lee Soffer's family on instagram whenever they post a picture of him and whoever he is dating.

I agree that Sophia sometimes does stuff for attention, I think we all do, but no one should be immune from being called out when they're not being genuine. There have been actors I've loved over the years that have done things I haven't liked, it needs to be brought up, not ignored.

Kind of wish they had left, tbh.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-25-2020, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too, would have allowed for the show to end earlier
Old 07-25-2020, 05:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I've never seen Hilarie fans try and bully someone into quitting their job like Sophia's stans have to Tracy Spiridakos, or specifically seek out fans on social media to attack them when they're minding their own business. They've also been known to spam Jesse Lee Soffer's family on instagram whenever they post a picture of him and whoever he is dating.

I agree that Sophia sometimes does stuff for attention, I think we all do, but no one should be immune from being called out when they're not being genuine. There have been actors I've loved over the years that have done things I haven't liked, it needs to be brought up, not ignored.

Kind of wish they had left, tbh.
Okay. See I didn't know all that. I'm back on forums and fan pages after a long time. I didn't realize I was coming back to something like that.

No, I don't think it's an excuse that she does that for attention. She's a smart person, and she kind of has this duplicity going on with her. Where sometimes I can't reconcile her activism with her jabs or her ignoring of certain things or this seeking for attention and how the hardest thing she coped with is being too empathic? Come on.

There was at time where I did take a break from being a Sophia fan.

I took a break from being a Joy fan, too. I felt like Joy, even after Michael, even after she kind of changed up her image from equating Muslims with pitbulls, and basically advocating for profiling someone on the street, she still kind of couldn't let this self-righteous inauthentic stuff go. Like when she pitted Shakira's album against Imogen Heap's, even though she spent like a whole week on instagram posting pictures of herself in a bikini, which is basically what Shakira wore on her album. Or like, now, with the election, speaking for democrats and how we should vote for Biden when she recently converted from Evangelical conservative to this outspoken woman. It just seemed kind of shady to me.

I honestly think Hilarie I've never taken a break from because I disagreed with what she did. Hilarie has her moments where she talks about what she stands for and is real advocate, but she never tries, intentionally or unintentionally, to sort of make out like she's better.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleygirlsyndrome (View Post)
Okay. See I didn't know all that. I'm back on forums and fan pages after a long time. I didn't realize I was coming back to something like that.

No, I don't think it's an excuse that she does that for attention. She's a smart person, and she kind of has this duplicity going on with her. Where sometimes I can't reconcile her activism with her jabs or her ignoring of certain things or this seeking for attention and how the hardest thing she coped with is being too empathic? Come on.

There was at time where I did take a break from being a Sophia fan.

I took a break from being a Joy fan, too. I felt like Joy, even after Michael, even after she kind of changed up her image from equating Muslims with pitbulls, and basically advocating for profiling someone on the street, she still kind of couldn't let this self-righteous inauthentic stuff go. Like when she pitted Shakira's album against Imogen Heap's, even though she spent like a whole week on instagram posting pictures of herself in a bikini, which is basically what Shakira wore on her album. Or like, now, with the election, speaking for democrats and how we should vote for Biden when she recently converted from Evangelical conservative to this outspoken woman. It just seemed kind of shady to me.

I honestly think Hilarie I've never taken a break from because I disagreed with what she did. Hilarie has her moments where she talks about what she stands for and is real advocate, but she never tries, intentionally or unintentionally, to sort of make out like she's better.
It was pretty brutal. The Chicago PD cast had to step in with Tracy, and they still do it anyway.

She said being empathetic is the hardest thing she's coped with? That's not even hard...

Totally understand needing to take a break from being a fan of someone. If they go too far we should always be able to step back.

Never knew that about Joy. That's some pretty dark stuff.

I think Hilarie gets it a little better. She doesn't want the attention so she's not likely to make it about her, if that makes sense. I'm sure she's had her moments, of course, as everyone does, but for the most part she just wants to live on her farm with her husband, kids and animals, and work when she gets the right project.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 07-25-2020, 05:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
It was pretty brutal. The Chicago PD cast had to step in with Tracy, and they still do it anyway.

She said being empathetic is the hardest thing she's coped with? That's not even hard...

Totally understand needing to take a break from being a fan of someone. If they go too far we should always be able to step back.

Never knew that about Joy. That's some pretty dark stuff.

I think Hilarie gets it a little better. She doesn't want the attention so she's not likely to make it about her, if that makes sense. I'm sure she's had her moments, of course, as everyone does, but for the most part she just wants to live on her farm with her husband, kids and animals, and work when she gets the right project.
Damn. That's awful. Tracy is so cool! I love her! This is where I don't like the whole: "I can't speak for my fans" crap. Not that I've heard Sophia even say anything about it. Yeah, she says it on her podcast or her podcast with others about SJ issues. Like she makes good points and she speaks really well, but a lot it is like what Socrates said about being full of hot hair, when you juxtapose it with something like what you just told me. How her trauma comes from being so emphatic. Crying and feeling bad and needing a break from all this stuff she feels by osmosis that BIPOC go through every day. Or that Tracy Spiridakos went through.

Also, there are times where she seems kind of entitled.

Yeah, on Joy's old blog, one of them, she talked about Muslims, and I think it was a fourth of july post, too. And she said she understands profiling, because if she sees a pitbull coming her way, she's going to walk across the street.

There were whispers about it on Live Journal. And I took it personally, because as a Sikh, I was often targeted by Islamophobia, especially post 9/11, and it still happens. I mean, it's been happening forever, since before the Asian Exclusion Act, but I thought that was really awful thing.

And, yeah, she posted Imogen Heap's album next to Shakira's and said: "Which one would you buy?" Some guy called her out for pitting women against women, and she said: "Calling a woman out is pitting women against women?" There was literally nothing to call out. So, yeah, she kind of was breaking the bonds of sisterhood, or whatever, and doing exactly what the cast said they were manipulated into doing.

And, then, I thought she had kind of gotten over the self-righteousness, given her scenes in Pearson. Meaning, she was taking steps she never would have taken before.

But, then, she was constantly tweeting about how she didn't get why Democrats wouldn't vote for Biden, and the time now is not for a revolution.

It's like, I get that if you were a Democrat longer than Obama's reelection, and you didn't previously film an ad for Fox News to vote for John McCain, and say Islamophobic and nationalist statements previously.

It just seemed kind of shady. It's like, well, you don't get it, because you obviously haven't been a part of the first few rounds of revolutions.

I totally agree about Hilarie. She just wants to do what she cares about, what makes her happy, doesn't ravage her body from stress, and keeps her with her family and her values as much as possible. I totally respect that.
Old 07-25-2020, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Didn't know that about Joy either
Old 07-25-2020, 05:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Yep. Like I get that people change, but generally I'm assuming if they start advocating for something they totally were kind of creepy racist and nationalistic about before, and a little anti-feminist, they wouldn't preach authenticity all the time, and would maybe acknowledge that. Like if she didn't talk about politics, or all these new things she had a revelation about, in a way that makes her like a representative. I don't know what I'm saying.

I get it. People grow. They change. And she seems to be much happier, now.

But, the preaching is there, as if she had never preached the opposite before.

I know there are nuances to that with everyone. But, I don't know. It's just a little too..weird.