Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

I actually like Lucas this season, so in my professional opinion, I'd like him to end up with somebody who makes him happy. Aka Linds.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I wish everyday that Mark would take a less predictable route. Something that makes more sense than Lucas going back to Peyton, because this can be spotted a mile away (it even seems like Mark isn't trying with LL). And if this is the direction that Mark is heading in, he's doing a bad job of portraying this 'epic love story'. I am not really an active BL shipper right now, but I'd take Lucas ending the season with Lindsey, with Brooke, alone - or hell, under a bus before Peyton.
Couldn't say it better myself.

It is just too predictable and bland. It seems very clear that LL is an obstacle in the "epic love story" that LP is supposed to be. But I hate how unrealistic it is. I don't buy their romance at all, for one thing. And I don't know... in this triangle, I would so much rather he end up alone or with someone else than with Peyton. It seems forced and wrong, IMO.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

i rather lucas end up alone than with anyone else besides for brooke or peyton. they're the only two girls i will ever believe that he loves.
with that being said, i would MUCH prefer him to end up with Brooke.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
And I don't know... in this triangle, I would so much rather he end up alone or with someone else than with Peyton.
Word. I buy their friendship completely. Their romance? ...Meh.
*Gelina* / PIACORE!
Old 02-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Elite Fan

I think sometimes the point is missed when it's said that the show is predictable, because you can see LP getting back together, or any specific event happening. I mean to me it's been obvious for a long time that it'd be NH and LP, but maybe that's just me.

Mark has always said it's about the journey, it's not what we can see happening, or what we think is going to happen, it's how we get there. For instance. I don't remember watching Sleepless in Seattle and ever doubting the two main characters would end up together. I watched to see how it happened and if it was done well. Just like on Lost, they'e doing flashforwards showing you that some of them did get off the island. So that mystery isn't there now, but the who and how is. I'm eager to see who and how, even though I now know what happened in that sense.

For me I can see LP coming back together and all the signs are pointing that way. After everything I've seen though, I have no idea how the re-union will happen. I'm excited to see it play out, watch their journey and find out how it could happen. What will this then lead to after? will they be as solid as before ? will they ever be able to get married themselves? will they want kids? what issues and obstacles will stand in the way of these things?

Those are all questions I ask myself about LP. So yes it's possible to say things are predictable in what will happen, whilst also forgetting that, often the bigger mystery is actually how it will all happen.

I have watched TV with shock super twists that totally deviate the story, usually they are soaps and while OTH can get soapy, that's not the route I'd like it to take fully. I'm in full agreement with Mark that the journey is the most important thing. I'd take a somewhat predictable outcome because it's written and written in good quality towards that, hence making sense, while wondering how it will happen, over some unpredictable switchup with no build or writing quality. Usually those kind of big shock switches signal shock value nonsense for cheap viewer grabbing and it doesn't last. The sex tape thing was unpredictable and had a high shock value, but it was a terrible storyline in my opinion and tainted a lot of things, while being a contrivance to bring the stalker back. I'd rather go without that kind of thing and have something that feels more real, even if it is a little predictable.

Those are just my views on the predictability thing. I know some might not agree and that's fine, but that really is just how I in particular feel about the issues of predictability on the show.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I mean to me it's been obvious for a long time that it'd be NH and LP, but maybe that's just me.
I have always thought that as well, which is why I think I never really cared for Brooke/Lucas. I always believed throughout S3 that Peyton/Lucas would reunite eventually, so I never really bothered with B/L. Just like I believe that L/P will reunite again so I have no interest in L/L, other than I find it rather annoying that yet again Mark has created a relationship to be a bump in the road to L/P, I had my fill of that with Brooke.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Mark has always said it's about the journey, it's not what we can see happening, or what we think is going to happen, it's how we get there.
and i totally agree with this reasoning... problem for me is that LP's journey isn't all that epic or interesting to me. it definitely started off as such, but the interest has died for me... especially when he had this romance with another one of the main characters on the show. that's the problem with many teen shows these days. yeah, it's all good about how the writers want to show the journey to get to the obvious ending, but it works out a lot better when neither one have another fantastic romance with another one of the main characters.
Friends did this perfectlllly. not all, but most of the fans remained RnR fans throughout the entire series... even through the casual 5 minute relationship with joey. we all knew it would be ross and rachel, but their journey was most definitely epic.

LP...not so much (this is all just my opinion BTW).
Old 02-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Elite Fan

Finally got to watch the episode....

Lucas sucks. So anything Lucas-related, be it L/P, L/B, L/L, L/H, L/N, L/W, L/J, L/iPhone, L/Bamboo, sucks as well.

Nathan, Haley and Brooke were good.

Whitey retiring like that was ridiculous. I rolled my eyes about a dozen times. Too damn corny.

I miss Skills.

Lucas sucks.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Master Fan

10 months later, i still stand by everything i said in my post about this episode. and now that i've seen all of season 5, it is DEFINITELY the best episode of the season.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 10-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

you found it all by yourself lol

tell us how you really feel Sheebs
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 05-01-2015, 11:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

this episode was amazing!!! i loved all the flashbacks. it was so great to see lucas living with haley for a while and young jamie.

i also loved seeing the lp flashbacks, omg they were so cute and lucas proposed. i wish peyton had said yes but i understand why she didnt. especially with lucas trying to use it as a way to fix their relationship.

its a bummer she was spending so much time on her work though when she didnt even enjoy it and it explains why she is so un happy in the real time.

i thought it was horrible of lucas to just leave her in ht whole like that though! wtf. she wasnt breaking up with you lucas?! but i guess his ego was just too damaged.

i have to say too i enjoyed the bl scenes os much they were really fun to watch and i loved their chemistry this episode. i wish the kiss hadnt of happened though because it cheapened everything. we didnt brooke saying "the one boy i would have lost it for" because it didnt go anywhere ??? like why even dredge that back up? though i guess because it was a flashback it was good to show that brooke was still learning to get over him too.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread