Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2007, 06:24 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joella (View Post)
I don't think Lucas should be with Peyton, or Brooke. He doesn't deserve either girl and I don't think he'll ever be able to give them what they need.
I can get why you don't think BL should be given another chance, but I'm not sure about LP. What has Luke ever done to Peyton or when has he ever hurt her? Is it when he told Brooke that he loved her? Because if that is the case then none of us with significant others deserve to be with them at the moment as surely one point in time we all thought we were in love with someone else. So yeah, I can certainly see why BL should not be revisited, but Luke has been nothing but good to Peyton, from the perspective of an LP fan.

Plus, I'm not sure about the whole concept of being deserving of love. None of us deserve love. When it boils down to it, we all are human, and we all **** up. That's the whole beauty of love isn't it? You don't love someone because they deserve it. That's not love, that's re-payment.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Even as a 10000% BL I agreee,

Lucas deserves neither. In my book he's a player. He breaks up with one, and just goes back to the other.It's lame. I want both girls to just say "screw you" and move on. I want Brooke single for once, it's lame how Mark dosen't know how to write the girl single. Or no it's sad. Well both girls can do way better! *cough*Jake*cough*
Old 06-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)
Even as a 10000% BL I agreee,

Lucas deserves neither. In my book he's a player. He breaks up with one, and just goes back to the other.It's lame. I want both girls to just say "screw you" and move on. I want Brooke single for once, it's lame how Mark dosen't know how to write the girl single. Or no it's sad. Well both girls can do way better! *cough*Jake*cough*
But when has he ever broken up with Peyton?? What has he done to Peyton to preclude the occurence of an LP relationship that isn't on equal footing?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

He chose to have a relationship with her best friend over her, after she went over to tell him she wanted to be with him.

when I was twelve
Old 06-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

He might not ever have done anything to Peyton, but what has he ever done for her?

In season one, he couldn't-well, he could, but chose not to-wait for Peyton, and therefor hooked up with Brooke. And then when Peyton did kiss him in that hotel room, he tried to do what was best for them both and Brooke- but one episode later, he was kissing her again. He hadn't broken up with Brooke, no, he was eating from two dishes. And then Peyton went to tell Brooke about them, because he was too much of a coward to do so himself. Hell, he didn't even tell Brooke after he left the hospital, while Peyton attempted to do so twice.

Another thing I find incredibly selfish-of both Lucas and Peyton, though Lucas moreso-that he knew that Brooke was Peyton's best friend, and still he persuad after Peyton whilst he was with Brooke. He didn't break up after finding out Peyton wanted to be with him- no, he snuck around with her in libaries and wherever.

I also think it's rather odd how Lucas never has to fight for either one of the girls; they always come to him.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbel (View Post)
How did she love Jake then? Was she completely in love with Lucas even when so happy with Jake?
After a person's great love, their romantic love for that person can be buried in which allows them to move on to another person romantically.

No, it's not them using the new love (at least not in every case), it's them loving the new love as their romantic feelings for the other love aren't on their radar anymore.

Psychologists have actually studied this topic, where there are cases of people moving on with someone else romantically, and not even realizing that they are still in love with their great love until later, once they spend time again with that great love.

Quote:
And I meant that they always say they waited so long but it's actually just months, tops a year.
It's more like they waited two years. Yes, I feel that a year or two years is a long time to wait to be with the person you romantically desire.

Quote:
Plus was being with Jake and Brooke their passtime until they were back together?!
No, not at all, as I've stated above.

“Brooke’s great, but she’s not you.”

One represents the state of mind of want in which want can always be changed.

The second represents a direct comparison of the two girls in which one can never compare to the other; the true love can never be outdone.

Last edited by SYLER; 06-16-2007 at 06:45 AM
Old 06-16-2007, 06:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiquity (View Post)
He might not ever have done anything to Peyton, but what has he ever done for her?

In season one, he couldn't-well, he could, but chose not to-wait for Peyton, and therefor hooked up with Brooke. And then when Peyton did kiss him in that hotel room, he tried to do what was best for them both and Brooke- but one episode later, he was kissing her again. He hadn't broken up with Brooke, no, he was eating from two dishes. And then Peyton went to tell Brooke about them, because he was too much of a coward to do so himself. Hell, he didn't even tell Brooke after he left the hospital, while Peyton attempted to do so twice.

Another thing I find incredibly selfish-of both Lucas and Peyton, though Lucas moreso-that he knew that Brooke was Peyton's best friend, and still he persuad after Peyton whilst he was with Brooke. He didn't break up after finding out Peyton wanted to be with him- no, he snuck around with her in libaries and wherever.

I also think it's rather odd how Lucas never has to fight for either one of the girls; they always come to him.
I suppose it depends on your reading of things and yours does seem to me almost a cross between a militant feminist reading and a need for everything to be a fairytale whereupon the guy is expected to wait for the girl forever, and yet at the same time, the girl is always right. I'm not sure I buy that to be honest. They were both at fault in S1, I don't think anyone can dispute that. And to be honest, your argument still holds more for what Luke (and Peyton) did to Brooke as opposed to what Luke did to Peyton per se.

One can read that in multiple ways and I don't think it's as clear cut as Peyton wanted to do the right thing and Luke didn't, especially with regards to how they went about informing Brooke - because either way, Brooke would have been hurt in the end. One could also propose an argument whereby all three share some burden for what happened in the triangle, and I think that argument has been made before. Similarly another reading would have seen that in S1 when it came down to it, Peyton chose Brooke over Luke and only wanted to be friends with Luke again after Brooke made it clear to her that there was no more hope for a BP friendship, so maybe Peyton is the one who doesn't deserve him?

Regardless of it all, I think it is important to note that Luke realised that he screwed up by the end of S1, so if we don't hold the screw-ups of others against them (which is why you are a BP shipper), than why do we hold the guy to a higher standard? Because since then, Luke really has been nothing but good for Peyton, and she for him. This is the first time LP have embarked on a relationship together. They have ended the season stable, relaxed and assured. And yet, people still think Luke doesn't deserve Peyton, and that's what I find surprising, considering they have been shown in this relationship to be good for the other. Is it because Luke didn't have to fight for Peyton? Because I find the whole notion of fighting for someone a little, pathetic, tbh. Fighting for quickly degenerates into fighting with - and I don't think I could take the pettiness, and whiny neediness that came with fantasy boy drafts and such ilk.

Last edited by JusW; 06-16-2007 at 06:52 AM
Old 06-16-2007, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiquity (View Post)
In season one, he couldn't-well, he could, but chose not to-wait for Peyton, and therefor hooked up with Brooke.
Lucas was in love with Peyton since the very beginning. Peyton rejecting him in LIAGH hurt him and that's why he "chose" Brooke. Plus as Haley said their relationship could never be epic. He was always in love with Peyton and was afraid to commit himself so soon after she drop kicked him in the heart. Brooke was a party girl and Lucas was looking to have a "good" time. Nothing more, nothing less. Their relationship was built on Brooke reading a book to get naked in a hot tub with Lucas. He wanted it all with Peyton, but gave a rats ass about Brooke.

uh huh.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

why i could never really like the guy: he uses pepole. He wanted Peyton in s.1 but setteld for Brooke. He knew Brooke really liked him, but didn't really care. That's really a ****ty thing to do.
Old 06-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)
He knew Brooke really liked him, but didn't really care. That's really a ****ty thing to do.

It really is a ****ty thing to do. Kind of like how he admitted it in S1.

There is one character that hasn't admitted anything however. She knew Peyton really liked him, but didn't really care. That's really a ****ty thing to do..

Oops. Not so quick to judge now are we?
Old 06-16-2007, 07:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

Haley didn't say their relationship could never be epic...she said she couldn't see it as that...which I could understand.
There relationship started as a fling and evolved into something deeper.
LP wasn't in love in season 1 they didn't even know eachother...they were just infatuated with the fact that they both wanted an outlet and they shared alot of the same interests. Peyton rejected him in LIAGH..lol...he looked pissed more than hurt.

In Brooke's defense she asked Peyton if she had feelings for Lucas and what did Peyton say?
He's fair game.
If Peyton wasn't such a coward I have no doubt in my mind Brooke would've backed off.

when I was twelve
Old 06-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

Hey guys, this is really not the place to be discussing LP vs BL vs JP or any other ship, and since this thread is over 300 posts we're going to go ahead and close it anyway.

Be kind. You never know what sorrows and struggles people are hiding behind a brave smile.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread