Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Extreme Fan

You're right, maybe that's the case, but wouldn't they have known before? I still think it's imitating OTH. Is it true those 2 shows are now competing against eachother?

icon by NikitaWitter
Old 12-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Anyone notice that Peyton didn't try to reach out to Brooke until she made sure her and Lucas together? If it's one-sided at all, it's mostly Brooke caring. She's the one who lost two people, those two people forgot her and gained each other.
So, you mean that Peyton doesn't care for Brooke at all? I don't see that nor I do I think the only reason Peyton reached out to Brooke was because Peyton and Lucas were finally on their way to starting something. Peyton was hoping to gain Brooke's friendship back in episode 2, or hoped that there would be hope of their friendship returning. Could it all be possible that she didn't' reach out to Brooke before this is because Brooke has almost taken every chance she has had to throw snide and malicious remarks Peyton's way? This was pretty much the first time Brooke hasn't approached Peyton in anger (besides that scene at the banquet)..maybe Peyton thought that since Brooke came to Peyton out of concern that it would be a good time to “reach out” to Brooke.

Oh, and whether or not you view Peyton's reveal of feelings for Lucas to Brooke, doesn't change the fact that Brooke needed to know, one way or the other. It would've come out eventually anyway, because it always does.

Quote:
So, Lucas sees how sad Peyton will be if he dies, so he suddenly realizes he has to come back and let her know that he loves her? It felt like he felt sorry for her - like he always does.
Well, maybe Lucas was really unsure about Peyton's feelings before this. He mentioned something to Skills' that Peyton was probably confused about it, because ehe's had a rough time this year, and maybe this showed Lucas how real/strong Peyton's feelings for him were. She could never let go of him, and even when she grew old still came to visit his grave. That spoke volumes to me, as a viewer how Peyton felt about him..after all those years to still visit the grave of someone you lost years ago...

As for Haley returning because of Lucas, I view it as..Haley would've eventually returned to Tree Hill at one time or another, but Lucas just brought this about sooner, and what's wrong with that? It doesn't change the fact that Haley's reason for coming back was Nathan and because she missed him...Lucas' visit got her thinking more about something she probably already felt.

There were parts I really enjoyed and there were parts I could do without, but overall, I thought the episode was alright. I thought Karen should've been in it more...
Old 12-09-2006, 11:57 AM
New Fan

The O.C didn't copy One Tree Hill,as if they could film and edit a whole episode in one day.Tons of shows have done an alternative universe episode before. Josh Schwartz might of decided to do one because it's the sixtieth anniversary of 'It's a Wonderful Life' soon.

Last edited by Crazy chick; 12-09-2006 at 02:07 PM
Old 12-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYLER (View Post)
Damn. I miss the Peyton and Haley friendship, man. I just watched Season 1 again not too long ago, and I remember enough of Season 2 since Season 2 was a time that ticked me off more instances than I can count, and seeing how wonderfully Peyton and Haley understood each other leaves me in awe. The deep talks these two would have together, the way Peyton instinctively understood and supported Nathan and Haley’s love, and the way Haley instinctively understood and supported Lucas and Peyton’s love
I think at the time Haley was just being supportive of her best friend's feelings. She knew Lucas liked Peyton at the tme and was rooting for them. But when he was dating Brooke she seemed okay with that too, not pushing him towards Peyton, and when he went behind Brooke's back and kissed Peyton Haley fought with him about it. As of right now, too, I still think Lucas and Haley consider themselves best friends, and partof the reason Brooke and Haley got so close was because Haley knew how much Brooke meant to Lucas. Then living together gave them enough of a bond to continue even after Brooke and Lucas break up.

What the future holds, well, I'd like all of hem to be friends but that probably wouldn't happen.

re: the OC vs. OTH... remember in season two? Seth/Alex/Marissa, and Lucas/Anna/Peyton? Yeah.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Supreme Fan

I really didn't like this episode.

AM I ONLY THE ONLY PERSON THAT WAS GLAD WHEN KEITH GOT KILLED OFF?!?!?! I mean seriously, the man is sucha bad actor and so unbelievable that I was very disappointed to see him back!
The episode was so lame, especially in comparison to last weeks.

The only good things were, Brooke/Peyton scenes, Naley scenes and Nathan scenes! At the end with the heartbeat! I was definately crying, but that doesn't mean the baby is perfect, I hope he is ok, but with how OTH is, I doubt it!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~annie~ (View Post)
I don't watch the OC, so I have no idea it, but the planning stages of a show take a pretty long time, I think. Its entirely possible that both shows had already written the script for their ep and maybe even started filming or finished filming by the time they found out that the other was doing something similar.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
AM I ONLY THE ONLY PERSON THAT WAS GLAD WHEN KEITH GOT KILLED OFF?!?!?!
I was really upset when Keith got killed off, only because I didn't one Dan to be the one to kill him. It would have been better if they just hadn't had him come back.

I liked Keith...but I always liked Dan better, and when Keith wasn't around Dan was just a better person.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Melissa (meli), true, Lucas came back for Peyton, just as he did from his first coma, because he wants Peyton to know how much he is in love with her, even more so now in not wanting to take another minute with her for granted in being able to tell her that…but feeling that the two of them already know…so there’s no point. He feels now that there is a point in giving her full knowledge of it, even when they already know how each other feel. It’s just in case he’s not made it clear enough, especially before any or all of them bite the dust. Although, I feel that he’s been made it clear enough, definitely back in classic Season 1, and now that she knows for a fact that he never stopped being in love with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftmyshape (View Post)
But that's the point, it's selfish because she wanted to get it off her chest so badly, that she didn't take a minute to think about the consequences. If she did, she would of thought about what Brooke and Lucas' reactions could of been but she never even tried to see anyone else's point of view.

You mean that P/H are stronger than B/P? How so when B/P have been friends for more than eight years? Sure P/H have had some great moments in their junior year(s1 and 2) mostly the first half of junior year, but towards the end of it Haley left and when she came back summer before senior yeah Peyton never accepted her back in. All she did was judge and accuse her of hurting her husband. And that went on from the end of the summer until some time before Christmas in Tree Hill time. They only made up to help a mutual friend, and since then never regained whatever they shared in early junior year. It's a year and a half later and they just can't connect on the same level anymore. I just chalk it up to drifting apart which is a common part of life, especially for high school students. We didn't even see Peyton worried about Haley in this episode, the show is doing a great job of convincing me that they're not good friends anymore.
Of course Peyton was worried about Haley. Just because she asked about Lucas after Nathan stated what was going on with Haley doesn’t mean that she wasn’t worried about Haley. She asked about Lucas, because Nathan had just informed them on Haley’s status, and so Lucas’ status was needed to. Peyton not being worried about Haley in this episode is like saying Brooke was not worried about Lucas just because she didn’t go to Lucas’ room to say how much she loves him, and instead she talked about her best friend. Well, sort of best friend. That doesn’t mean that Brooke wasn’t concerned about Lucas, she was trying to give him a reason to wake up from his coma. Just as Peyton was concerned about Haley and was trying to give Haley a reason to wake up out of her coma. She mentioned that Nathan is a mess with her like that, and I’m sure that she talked to Haley off-screen about waking up for Nathan and the baby also.

I do get how you can see it as that kind of clueless selfishness on Peyton's part.

However, I still don’t see Peyton’s action of telling Brooke that she is in love with Lucas in that moment as true selfishness.

There’s a lot of things that people don’t stop and think about, but just react quickly. That’s why it’s difficult for me to see it as selfish, when it’s more of a reflex instead of malice, or just worrying about their own self. The thing is…Peyton was NOT just worrying about herself in that moment. Everything that happened between she and Brooke in Season 1...she and Brooke…not just Peyton herself, was swirling in her head, and she truly reacted from the fear of not wanting that craziness to happen again to herself and Brooke. Because had she been thinking clearly, she would have been more inclined to grip in that instance that probably telling Brooke is going do just as much harm to their friendship (just as not telling would). But Brooke was on her mind too, and in that warped mindframe she was in, she honestly believed that telling Brooke would put a stop to what was happening; it would save her and Brooke this time. It would help this time, is how I viewed her reflexive shaken up reponse. And later her explanation.

I mean, there were a lot of BL fans, two BL friends of mine even, who stated that if Peyton is in love with Lucas in Season 3, then she should tell Brooke. And this was long after Brooke and Lucas had already become exclusive in Season 3. So then Peyton finally does what they suggested, and it’s not even on some scheme to destroy BL, and yet Peyton is still bad for telling when she truly was thinking about her friendship to Brooke, no matter how not clear-headed she was at the time, and even though the ones who insisted that she do so for character growth are now saying that she was wrong? The issue I have is when it’s acted as though Peyton told Brooke in some devious plan to “steal” Lucas or to drive BL to their demise. That was not the case at all, and certainly not what was going on with Peyton.

As for PH, I never saw it as being about truly judging Haley in Season 3. I always saw that more as Peyton’s mama issues, and Peyton taking it out on Haley, which utterly was wrong, but they made up. And Peyton and Haley have not seriously drifted apart. They just are not as close super buddies-wise as they used to be. Just like Peyton and Brooke are not as close super buddies-wise as they used to be. Brooke and Peyton having been friends longer than Peyton and Haley have been friends doesn’t always make me think that BP’s friendship is the strongest. I feel that they (Brooke and Peyton) bonded very much over the death of Peyton’s first mom, so much that it created a powerful love between them at that point and still, but since then…they just stayed friends, not because they have the better understanding of each other, but rather because they’ve known each other for so long. You can know someone for years and still not have the greatest understanding between you and that person. Length as in the longer two people stay together doesn’t always register to me as the best completion between two people. I see PH as being able to be just as close again as they once were, especially since they are still friends, if Mark would just write it. That’s why I see BP as no stronger friendship-wise than PH, because even though PB came back from the love triangle of Season 1, and they got past Peyton’s actual affair with Lucas, it’s Peyton being in love with Lucas, which is something that Peyton cannot control, which seems to be unforgivable by Brooke right now. Haley has not stated that she and Peyton cannot go back to being the closest of friends because of their brief falling out in Season 3. In fact, Haley was obviously there for Peyton off-screen during post-Psycho Derek...when Brooke was nowhere to be found.

I very well got that Brooke was still angry with Peyton. But not being there for a friend that you’ve known for ten years, since you two were 8 years old, and even stronger as friends around age 10 during the aftermath of the death of that friend’s first mother, is something I will never get…as to how Brooke could not have been there for Peyton post-Psycho Derek, just because of the anger of Peyton being in love with Lucas. It’s not even like Peyton seduced Lucas behind Brooke’s back in what was supposed to be “her second chance after the love triangle of Season 1” in Brooke’s own words. It’s just that Peyton is in love with Lucas, and yet this is enough to keep Brooke from going to see and check up on someone who is like a sister to her, a sister that almost died at the hands of a psycho? Terrible writing on Mark’s part for BP. I feel that PH have already come back, they just aren’t back on that super close plain anymore, just like BP aren’t on that super close plain anymore. But if Brooke and Peyton can be "super close" again after Peyton’s Season 1 sneak-around with Lucas, then Peyton and Haley can be super close friends again, when their falling out was not even as extreme as BP’s was, and Haley forgave Peyton and understood that it was just Peyton being a bitch. Mark can give us PH back like they used to be, PH onscreen, not off-screen, he just chooses to give us hints of them confiding off-screen, but a lot of us would rather see their great on-screen friendship again.

There are some things we feel more strongly on concerning this show than some other things on it, but I do like discussing with you whenever we do get into a long talk like this, Sandy.

“Brooke’s great, but she’s not you.”

One represents the state of mind of want in which want can always be changed.

The second represents a direct comparison of the two girls in which one can never compare to the other; the true love can never be outdone.

Last edited by SYLER; 12-09-2006 at 09:20 PM
Old 12-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry for the double post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fetch (View Post)
I think at the time Haley was just being supportive of her best friend's feelings. She knew Lucas liked Peyton at the tme and was rooting for them. But when he was dating Brooke she seemed okay with that too, not pushing him towards Peyton, and when he went behind Brooke's back and kissed Peyton Haley fought with him about it. As of right now, too, I still think Lucas and Haley consider themselves best friends, and partof the reason Brooke and Haley got so close was because Haley knew how much Brooke meant to Lucas. Then living together gave them enough of a bond to continue even after Brooke and Lucas break up.
Yeah, but I did like how Haley stood by Peyton, and said she understood.

She was still confused as to why Lucas was dating Brooke in Season 1 when she knew that he was really in love with Peyton. It just felt like Haley knew without Lucas telling her his direct feelings. But that's the testement to Lucas and Haley's bond.

Also Haley and Peyton were closer then.

But I do hope that Mark doesn't have Haley take sides, that's not what she's about, and there are no sides to be taken when she tries to be content with what Lucas wants, and is friends with both Peyton and Brooke.

“Brooke’s great, but she’s not you.”

One represents the state of mind of want in which want can always be changed.

The second represents a direct comparison of the two girls in which one can never compare to the other; the true love can never be outdone.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

[QUOTE]But I do hope that Mark doesn't have Haley take sides,[/QUOTE

I don't think Haley will have to take sides, Brooke seems fine with Lucas and Peyton being together. In fact she told Lucas in the hospital she wanted Lucas to take care of Peyton. There's nothing for Haley to get in the middle of.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread