Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think getting secondhand embarrassment is better than being mindnumbingly bored or super enraged.
Basically this.

Quote:
was the Dan reveal in 410
Refresh my memory?
Old 02-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

When Lucas was having his What If I Wasn't So Awesome? dream and Dead!Keith was all OPEN YOUR EYES LUCAS, and he sees Dan shoot Keith IN HIS DREAM.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
It was a filler/silly episode for sure. But honestly, i've seen worse, like when people are in a coma and watch themselves as ghosts or dream about who killed someone etc...Not the best for sure, but not the worst either.
Agreed. That was the worst, IMO

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 07:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
When Lucas was having his What If I Wasn't So Awesome? dream and Dead!Keith was all OPEN YOUR EYES LUCAS, and he sees Dan shoot Keith IN HIS DREAM.
Oh that's right, S4 is not a season I recall much from.

Yeah that was really lame & the worst.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Especially since the Dan killing Keith thing was such a big arc, only for it to be revealed that way, so lame.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

I had a hard time keeping a straight face with this episode. Campy for sure. I know OTH tends to embrace their campy side, but this one was hard.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by same old story (View Post)
Even though that was ridiculous for sure, my personal choice for stupidest moment in the history of OTH was the dog eating Dan's heart. That was... I don't even have words for that one
It's kind of sad how both those scenes were given to Paul Johansson, who's easily the best actor on the show.
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

Anyone knows who sang "I don't wanna be" in this epi??

I need you to believe I can do this...| Jax&Tara

niam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niam (View Post)
I don't know but isn't Joy and Jana ever going to get a chance to sing it, especially Joy who is a icon on the show. How nice would that be.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by niam (View Post)
SO & SO

I heard that Joy won't be singing this song, she doesn't have time.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Well that was embarrassing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Wow Brooke really, really needs a job
I said this while watching the episode. Her and Quinn both. It's not like this was a Saturday for them. They both expressed how bored they were with their lives and I think a job would change that for both of them. Also, I really hope that Brooke's new job isn't going to be a comic book writer. We know she can draw, but Peyton already did that season one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
I didn't like Brooke and Quinn teasing the girls, you don't stop bullying by being bullies. Did Brooke tease the girls by saying she had chickeny legs? Didn't Lucas call Peyton that?
Yep, yep, and yep
-Safe
‘ChelsღChina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Elite Fan

I'm pretty sure this is the dumbest episode I've ever seen. Sorry, I don't mean to bash, but GAH it was just such a joke.
hell to pay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

When it comes down to it, Brooke just wanted to play dressup with her best friend. Quinn got the tagalong role (reminded me a bit of Tim way back during Felix's dare night).

The confrontation of the bullies just reinforced my feeling that Quinn is completely useless. She had nothing to say and was just snapping pictures. Taylor was the far more interesting James sister of the two and had more character devolopment in the mom's death scene than Quinn has in countless episodes.

I'm not against the concept of playing superheroes for a day, but I could buy it more if it was back in, say, season4 maybe, when they were still in highschool. Plus, we'd have Payton instead of Quinn.

I did chuckle that Julian was oblivious at the end of the episode.

This show needs melodrama big time. Brooke telling Julian, "He's just a boy." That got to me. This just made me slightly embarrassed.

I don't like the turn the school storyline is taking. Tough teacher doesn't mean cruel teacher. Plus, didn't we skip the college yrs to aviod nonsense like this? Let Nathan pass the class with a B and call it a day. Of course, I'd rather Nathan become a coach than a sports agent, but that's a whole 'nother subject.

---
Needed to add one other thing. Lord help me, I actually found the scenes with Chase and Chuck ok because it did seem more like old school themes of the show. Chase as the avarge joe mentoring a kid without a dad, hey, that's Keith!

Last edited by Serving Size; 02-12-2011 at 11:57 AM
Serving Size is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The confrontation of the bullies just reinforced my feeling that Quinn is completely useless. She had nothing to say and was just snapping pictures. Taylor was the far more interesting James sister of the two and had more character devolopment in the mom's death scene than Quinn has in countless episodes.
I love HQ's interactions but I have to agree that Quinn is useless. Outside of her interactions with Haley, I just haven't been able to warm up to her at all no matter how much the show tries.

I still have no idea who she is...whatever happened to her photography place? She has no layers, no depth ect.

Also sometimes the way she acts she really does seem like the youngest sister. Even though Lindsey who played Taylor, is younger than Joy in real life and plays an immature character, Taylor still had that feel of being older and when the scene called for it, she stepped up and you got the feel of herbeing protective towards Haley and the oldest.

Lindsey/Taylor should have been the regular. No doubt about that one. Plus her chem with Joy was off the charts good. She was also way more interesting then Quinn and had more layers/growth that the show could have explored both on her own and in a sister dynamic with Haley.

But with how the show's been lately, maybe it's not a bad thing she's not on. They would probably waste her chem with Joy anways because that's what this show does...wastes opportunities.

Also why when NH kiss they can't fade away quick enough and yet with CQ and BJu we see it all? Before anyone says it's because Joy's pregnant, well they obvs filmed the kiss...so why not show it???

Quote:
Plus, didn't we skip the college yrs to aviod nonsense like this? Let Nathan pass the class with a B and call it a day. Of course, I'd rather Nathan become a coach than a sports agent, but that's a whole 'nother subject.
They really have no idea what to do with Nathan and that's a great shame. The boy's also about to become a father again and it's like we haven't heard a single thought from him about that. I didn't want Nathan the coach because I thought it would be boring (like S5) but Nate the student is even more boring.If the show would balance it out with more NH scenes maybe it wouldn't be so bad but as it stands, omg his storyline is like a cure for insominia.

This season is so all over the place it’s not even funny. They really should have ended in S7 or just had 13 eps this season. It's beyond obvious that the writers had no plans. And people want a S9? It's is crystal clear how most of the writers have checked out? You want to see this show die a slow pianful death? It's time to call it a day, give them their happy ending and end.

Quote:
When it comes down to it, Brooke just wanted to play dressup with her best friend
Speaking of Brooke her chararcter regressed like 15 steps back in this ep...being a bully (more than the other girls she really laid on the insults), having no direction, just focused on her marraige most of the season, I thought Julian challenged her? All I see after she marries him is someone just as useless as Quinn...I guess some could argue she's just back to being the Brooke she was always known for.

I did like in the NH scene, though that it went back to Haley just wanting to help and Nate telling her that she didn't need to dress up to make that happen. Brooke was just bored, Quinn was the tagalong...but Haley truly in the end went with it because she wanted to help. As much as I loathe her constant propping I do like this season that the writers have made it clear that Haley genuinely wants to help people and make a better life for family and others. It stays true to her S1/tutoring roots and to her character.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 02-12-2011 at 02:30 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serving Size (View Post)
Tough teacher doesn't mean cruel teacher. Plus, didn't we skip the college yrs to aviod nonsense like this? Let Nathan pass the class with a B and call it a day. Of course, I'd rather Nathan become a coach than a sports agent, but that's a whole 'nother subject.
Agreed, agreed, and agreed again!

Quote:
The boy's also about to become a father again and it's like we haven't heard a single thought from him about that. I didn't want Nathan the coach because I thought it would be boring (like S5) but Nate the student is even more boring.
So true!

Quote:
Speaking of Brooke her chararcter regressed like 15 steps back in this ep..
I thought that was weird but if it was part of a bigger storyline then I'd be fine with it. People aren't perfect and sometimes we do regress. But I don't think that the writers see that she didn't anything wrong in this episode which means there's nothing to build on. So why do it in the first place?
-Safe
‘ChelsღChina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread