Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2010, 01:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And if the problem is money, how the hell can they afford all of that--the skydiving, the costumes? It's ridiculous.
My thoughts exactly! I just...huh? I thought they were like super poor hilarious.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:23 AM
Addicted Fan

TheRealOneTreeHill twitter is saying that next week is the best episode of the season so far.
TwilightPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Master Fan

^ Next week? With the Katie drama? Hm.

The episode sucked except for Haley. She is LOOOOOOOVE <3

"I knew I had found something real and genuine."
HaleyJamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought they were like super poor hilarious.
LOL.

I also still don't get how they are poor. Doesn't Julian still have money? Don't they still live in Brooke's big house? The whole Brooke whinging cause she's poor or can't have her dream wedding doesn't sit right with me and just goes to higlight how superficial she can be.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
LOL.

I also still don't get how they are poor. Doesn't Julian still have money? Don't they still live in Brooke's big house? The whole Brooke whinging cause she's poor or can't have her dream wedding doesn't sit right with me and just goes to higlight how superficial she can be.
Oh, come on. It's obviously just another writing inconsistency, something we've seen a lot of over the years on this show. If she was so "superficial" she wouldn't have given up her company + all her profit. That's just ridiculous.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Elite Fan

^ I know, that's why I said she can be...I didn't say that's why she is, because I know we've seen instances where she isn't...the whole poor is me I'm sad, I can't have a rich wedding I'm poor is just annoying, and actually regresses the supposed character growth she's meant to have had since HS. Though some might argue that it's actually who her character is, but the other "she's so selfless" is actually just the show forcing it upon us and that's the inconsistency.

I don't know, I've never hated Brooke's character, and at worst I've just been impartial to her but lately she's been bugging me and I can't quite put my finger on why that is.

It’s like always two extremes with Brooke, on moment she’s giving up her company the next she’s whining/crying about superficial stuff. I just don’t know what to make of her anymore.

Last edited by diamond gothic; 12-04-2010 at 03:42 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

She has had all the money in the world at her disposal for years now, and all of a sudden, it's gone. That's not easy and it would definitely take time to adjust. Beyond that, the girl had her dream wedding planned out and now she has to drastically change it and it's bothering her...I don't know why that means she's being superficial. She's human. When all is said and done, she will accept it and be happy with whatever she does have at her wedding.

I don't even like Brooke at all anymore, but I'm just saying...
Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Elite Fan

I think the point is, or my point was anyway, that she's not actually poor, but she keeps saying that she is. There hasn't been a single lifestyle change shown, but she's whining about being poor constantly. If it was like what happened in S2, obviously that's understandable, but she and Julian are NOT poor.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

And my point is, she is poor but the writing sucks. She has no job and lost her profit, and idek what Julian is doing besides filming people all day...so where would they be getting money from? Julian's savings? He probably doesn't have all that much.

This is OTH. They have gone through sls without properly showing details for 8 seasons now and everyone knows this. People will always find a way to criticize Brooke though.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carraboo (View Post)
I think the point is, or my point was anyway, that she's not actually poor, but she keeps saying that she is. There hasn't been a single lifestyle change shown, but she's whining about being poor constantly. If it was like what happened in S2, obviously that's understandable, but she and Julian are NOT poor.
Yes but season 2 Brooke at least dressed up as a lobster to make money, what is season 8 Brooke doing about it other than sulking about it. The old Brooke would've sulked a little, but would have already found another way to start up another company or get her company back.

It must have cost Julian a few bucks to arrange all the list stuff he did to make Brooke happy, why not put that towards the wedding?

I agree the writing is just so inconsistent, the characters or so off balance(especially Julian lately) and nothing, absolutely nothing remains true to the original character traits of any of the characters.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysBL (View Post)
And my point is, she is poor but the writing sucks. She has no job and lost her profit, and idek what Julian is doing besides filming people all day...so where would they be getting money from? Julian's savings? He probably doesn't have all that much.

This is OTH. They have gone through sls without properly showing details for 8 seasons now and everyone knows this. People will always find a way to criticize Brooke though.
I was always under the impression that Julian was some hot shot LA movie producer when he first came to TH or at least that is how it appeared and now not so much. I see him in sweat pants most of the time with messy hair and tee shirts. What does he do beside follow Brooke around like a lap dog? Oh and he has become the biggest nerd to boot.
weens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by weens (View Post)
Yes but season 2 Brooke at least dressed up as a lobster to make money, what is season 8 Brooke doing about it other than sulking about it. The old Brooke would've sulked a little, but would have already found another way to start up another company or get her company back.
Yep, I agree 100%. She sulks and whines far too much now but doesn't do anything to change her situation. It's a shame what they've done to her character.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Absolute Fan

I think that for this episode, I reached a point of "Hey! I have been a fan of this show for so long, let's see what everyone is up to" as opposed to my usual "There better be something worth watching".

So without further ado...

* Shantel doesn't know how to play "determined" and "serious". Maybe it's that they didn't give her dialogue, or maybe it was the choices she made as an actress... but she just didn't sell it. Squinting your eyes and "looking determined" the way she did just didn't sell me someone who was serious about committing murder. Sorry.
* Paul was wasted on this storyline. If the show can get him back so easily, get him back for something that's worth it. Besides, Dan Scott never worried about any of the things on that list he gave Quinn when he killed Keith. He left Keith at the school and got the hell out of there. How could he have known the "shopping list" for the things a person would need to find a body.
* Didn't Quinn know Keith? The guy was practically an uncle to her sister... so now she goes to him for murder advice? Whatever you say show.
* Brulian were actually cute.I loved that Brooke never thought she'd find someone who who adored her as much as Julian did. And Hallelujah! They remembered that Brooke can't conceive. Seems like that was forgotten.
* Brooke saying "fiance" was cute.
* Thank you for a Baley scene! But why is Haley a "bridesmaid" and not the maid of honor? =S.
* Go away Mia and Alex. And Chase, too. Though I was glad for the lack of Mouth, Millie and Skills.
* "We'll take a beer from Haley James Scott if she's serving" Hell's yes!
* Way to go Nathan taking the hard teacher! Though the professor was being an ass. I actually think this is an interesting storyline for him, though. Not only is it hard to come back to college... but to come back being as popular as he is, and on top of that having a teacher who wants to stick it to him for all that the university has made him do (that is against his principles). Though the embarassment the professor put Nathan through was uncalled for, I appreciated it for what it brought to the storyline (and also to the character of the teacher).
* I just think I should mention this here - but I always thought that Haley would go back to school. Not to finish a degree... but to get her master's. She is Tutorgirl after all. There can never be too much studying a person can do.
* "TutorGirl and then TutorBoy"... AWW. I love this family! And TutorBoy rocks some socks. "I have my mom's genes, too, you know".
* Haley wasn't a nerd. She was a rockstar. I just wanted to point that out.
* Go away Psycho!Derek... oops. I meant PsycHO nanny Carrie... oops. I meant... who's that blond pysho driving towards Tree Hill at the end of the episode? Guess I lost track. Can't wait for another Psycho-Derek like showdown. That's totally why I watch this show
* Is Haley pregnant? If it wasn't for the baby bump, how would we know? =O.
* Haley and Nathan are OTP. 'Nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
LOL Brit.

Incredibly boring and lack of NH sure didn't help matters, only good thing was how great Joy/Haley looks.

Brooke, just be quiet already.
Julian, go save Alex again, please. Chase is killing her.
Chase, get lost.
Alex, you poor wasted fool.
Mia, you're still here. Why exactly?
Erin, go back to Ireland and sing there.
Quinn, go put on some clothes and check up on your sister and while your at it stop trying to kill people, you bring shame to the James name.
Taylor, come back I miss you.
Katielease kill Chase and Mia.
Clay, what no phone call to your twu luv Nathan? For shame.
Jamie, go play with Chuck...off screen.
Nathan, go play with Haley...in bed.
Haley, go tutor Nathan and please don't answer your phone if the caller ID says Mia...and don't answer your doors, chances are it's another person wanting you to prop them and their ~drama.
Baby NH, can you please start to kick or you know make your presence known I'm starting to think you don't exist.
Dan Scott, they bring you back to interact with...QUINN!??? REALLY???
One Tree Hill, PLEASE END.

Last edited by Worlds Collide; 12-06-2010 at 11:15 AM
Worlds Collide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

Sad day that I forgot to unstick this thread before I put up this week's discussion thread. Lmfao. Oy.

- Bethany Joy
shoots up a flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

interesting discussion here. I don't like Quinn either.