Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I completely agree that a lot of the episode discussion threads in the past got filled up with posts with people from different fanbases fighting with each other, most notably with fans of Peyton fighting with fans of Brooke, but I like it when we have lots of posts on an episode discussion thread, because I like getting different points of view. I've found this season to be disappointing so far because Brooke is my favorite character, and she never really gets the opportunity to be happy, especially this season.
Aww, I understand, I also love it when we have different points of view. I also think it depends on your fav character, because Haley’s my fav and I love this season because more than others she’s getting some focus/POV.

Sad it had to take LP leaving for it to happen but what can you do Haley should always have had screen time/focus. Only took Millie 2 seasons, Haley 7. Go figure.

ETA: Personally I don’t understand the whole “woe is me” with Brooke not getting the boy/baby. She is in a relationship with a man who loves her; she has her friends, an improved relationship with her mother, a successful company, and all this in her mid-20s. What is there to be upset about? I’m in my mid 20s and I would love to be in her shoes LOL. Mark really forces her angst sometimes.

So she’s not pregnant now, whats the big deal? She can discuss it with Julian and see about starting a family, but really what’s the rush? So she can be the girl who get’s the boy/baby? Is this some competition because Haley and Peyton have got it?

Like what does Brooke have to be depressed about? I would understand if she’s sterile, but until the show confirms this I don’t get why she’s being all sad. Is it because of Julian/Alex? The scene when she tells Haley she’s not pregnant and cries, IDK, she acted like the doctor said she had a terminal disease or something. I know she was disappointed, but there will be other opportunities if she wants it.

Also it’s not like Mark is just picking on her, Bju are having challenges just like every other couple has had over the years, the challenge just happens to be OTH’s forte, third party storylines. If anything the writers pick on Nate, the guy can never catch a break without having his career in jeopardy. LOL.
IDK if it’s Sophia’s acting or what, Brooke seems to have this permanent underlying of sadness in most of her scenes. Like cheer up girl, LOL, no one’s dying. What happened to the old Brooke?

Last edited by diamond gothic; 11-11-2009 at 09:17 PM
diamond gothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Other than the first episode and this one, Brooke hasn't been sad this season, so I don't get that generalization. I get it last season, but not this one. Quinn's been the one moping around and crying almost every episode. I don't see what's wrong with someone who really wanted a baby being upset when she finds out she's not pregnant. If she continues to mope about it, then it'll be annoying, but being upset right after, like in the scene where she tells Haley, is understandable, IMO. Of course, this is OTH, so I'm sure they'll drag it out, but as of now, I didn't think there was anything wrong with it
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Brit, it’s not just the pregnancy, there was also the 7.07 ep where she and Julian had the talk and she was all sad. I guess I just recall scenes where she’s sad LOL. I mean it’s not this huge thing, but something is missing from Brooke that, IDK, it’s hard to explain, it’s just a general feeling I get when I see her scenes, but maybe it’s just me As for Quinn, yeah, not even Brooke is anywhere near that level of mopeyness of Quinn LOL.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

I find Alex kind of pathetic. She needs to make new friends. I mean she knows Brooke is with Julian so her desparate act is wearing thin for me, even though the actress does great with the material she is given.
chemistry86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)

ETA: Personally I don’t understand the whole “woe is me” with Brooke not getting the boy/baby. She is in a relationship with a man who loves her; she has her friends, an improved relationship with her mother, a successful company, and all this in her mid-20s. What is there to be upset about? I’m in my mid 20s and I would love to be in her shoes LOL. Mark really forces her angst sometimes.

So she’s not pregnant now, whats the big deal? She can discuss it with Julian and see about starting a family, but really what’s the rush? So she can be the girl who get’s the boy/baby? Is this some competition because Haley and Peyton have got it?

Like what does Brooke have to be depressed about? I would understand if she’s sterile, but until the show confirms this I don’t get why she’s being all sad. Is it because of Julian/Alex? The scene when she tells Haley she’s not pregnant and cries, IDK, she acted like the doctor said she had a terminal disease or something. I know she was disappointed, but there will be other opportunities if she wants it.
I completely agree with this. I haven't been watching faithfully this season but I have caught up fairly well and I really don't understand Brooke's obsession with wanting to settle down. so her two best friends are married with a baby? so what? if Haley and Peyton jumped off a bridge would Brooke do it too?

I guess I'm just really frustrated with Brooke's 'follower' mentality as of late. for one, no offense to Jamie and Sawyer, but they were both 'oopsies' babies. They were practically accidents! Sure, NH and LP wanted kids eventually, but they weren't obsessed with trying like Brooke is. All three girls are what 23? I'm sure it wasn't ideal for them to have babies at that age, even if they were in committed relationships.

#2, something tells me that if you have to trap your boyfriend into getting you pregnant by going off birth control, you're not mature enough for a baby!! This is Brooke's typical spoiled rich girl 'they have one so i want one' attitude that she does all.the.time

I'm really disappointed because Brooke came so far in seasons 5 and 6, and i feel like she went one step forward two steps back this season.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Master Fan

um, number one. season five is four years after 18- that makes them 22. Then by mid season five, they're all 23 because Jamie's turning 5. And I'm pretty sure over a year passed between then and Sawyer being born-- they're probably at least 24 by the end of season six- which puts them all at 25/almost 26 now.

26 is a pretty normal age to be thinking about starting a family. Actually:

Quote:
The average age of women when they gave birth for the first time was at a record high of 25.2 in 2003, the CDC said. That age has increased by nearly four years since 1970.
So there. I'm sure it hasn't changed too drastically since then.

As far as Brooke following Peyton and Haley, that's ridiculous. If you want to say she followed Haley, fine. Say it. But Brooke wanted a baby at the beginning of season five. By 512, she was telling Lucas and then Peyton that it was the whole reason she came home. It's not even about having a baby so much as having a family for her.

You're right, Sawyer was an oopsie. (as was Jamie.) but I'm focusing on the fact that Brooke wanted a child in season five. Peyton did not. Peyton never expressed the want of a child or family the way Brooke did and does.

So this is not about following her two friends. This is about her wants and needs as a human being. She's got a lot of love and is a nurturing person. She wants to give that to a child because she never got it as a child.

The trapping part, I completely agree with. Although, I do believe that she's just desperate, I don't think that gives her the right to try without the consent of her boyfriend. Anyway, it's completely out of character for Brooke to act that way. She'd never trap a guy. I'm guessing Mark doesn't remember season one though You know, when he established the core of these people.

So, long story short, I'm extremely disappointed in Brooke for what I think that scene in the coda means. But she's not following anyone. Her want of a family is her own. Thanks.
♥♥♥ (seasons 1-3)
BrucasplusNaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Brooke will not try to trap Julian, god, she would never do that, i didn't understand that scene that way, it just meant that she don't need the pills anymore for like anything but i guess we'll see what happens in 710.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
But she's not following anyone. Her want of a family is her own. Thanks.
Yes, your right. But I want to clarify what I personally meant. With that line about getting the baby and the boy it seemed forced on the writers part. it's like they are the ones telling the audience yes we know Haley and Peyton got it and Brooke hasn't yet. So not Brooke the character per se, but the writers and it took me out of the scene, if that makes sense.

I still think that we need more insight into why Brooke wants a child. Just because she wants to give love because she never recieved it growing up is the not the best reason to bring a child into this world. She needs to be ready, both in herself, in her life, in her relationship with Julian ect.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

LHScott, my post wasn't directed at you, but thanks for clarifying. I think Brooke has a lot to give to a child. But I agree that there needs to be a bigger reason than the one we've been being given.

I also agree that it's really forced on the writer's end.

lovesophia um, I'm not the only one who saw it that way. And, simple question, what would the other reasons be for her not needing the pills? Because I'd put money on her not knowing it yet if she's sterile. She'd have told Haley if that was the case. That's just my opinion.
♥♥♥ (seasons 1-3)
Old 11-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucasplusNaley (View Post)

lovesophia um, I'm not the only one who saw it that way. And, simple question, what would the other reasons be for her not needing the pills? Because I'd put money on her not knowing it yet if she's sterile. She'd have told Haley if that was the case. That's just my opinion.
You really think that Brooke will try to get pregnant behind Julian's back? No way, she would never do that.

Maybe she threw away her pills because IDK she's indeed sterile but just haven't told Haley, Brooke is not the kind of girl to tell her problems to her friends, remember when she got attacked, she lied to everyone.

Maybe she threw away the pills because Julian won't get to have sex with her for a while lol, i'm kidding.

Honestly i have no idea why she did that but trapping Julian is not even an option. IDK if you saw the promo for 710 but it seems that the episode directly starts after 709 ended so maybe JUlian will find Brooke crying (she was crying in the promo) and will see her pills in the trash and maybe we're gonna have an explanation.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Master Fan

Maybe we will get an explanation. Knowing things, I don't think we will. But you never know. Some things happened completely different than I thought they would.

Haley asked her and she outright told Haley that the doctor said it was stress. Period. I don't think she was lying. I think I know Brooke well enough to know when she's lying.

You're attacking me like I'm not a Brooke fan and am hating on her unnecessarily. Just because I don't like BJu and I sure as heck don't think BJu are ready for a baby doesn't mean I'm not a Brooke fan.

I pray, really I do, that you're right and there's some other explanation. Because the alternative would ruin the one character left that I love. Fully. That I care about.

I've seen the promo. Her crying does nothing for me. She's crying all the time lately.

I really do believe that Brooke isn't going to tell Julian. Whether she's sterile or trying to trap him. Please prove me wrong, Mark. I'd love to be proven wrong.

But yeah, right now, I really believe that Brooke's going to try and get pregnant behind Julian's back. It'll be completely out of character. That's never stopped the writer's before.

See: The mom comments in season four.

I could go on. But this isn't about the past. I'm just saying, it's definitely a possibility for them to make her out of character. To make her the bad guy and then try to redeem her by making her sterile. I think it's more than possible.
♥♥♥ (seasons 1-3)
Old 11-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrucasplusNaley (View Post)

You're attacking me like I'm not a Brooke fan and am hating on her unnecessarily. Just because I don't like BJu and I sure as heck don't think BJu are ready for a baby doesn't mean I'm not a Brooke fan.
I wasn't attacking you, i just disagree with you when it comes to the last scene of the last episode.

I'm not a BJu fan either like at all and i know you are a Brooke fan, if you felt attacked by my post then i'm sorry cause it wasn't my intentions.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

nobody knows these characters, and they don't belong to anybody except the writers. only the writers can determine whether or not someone's being written OOC. We can't just say a character's OOC every time they say or do something we don't like. its a poor excuse because people change and grow and learn. We aren't always the people we used to be. at least the show get THAT right.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
sunchick116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:57 PM
Master Fan

I'm pretty sure I know the characters, esp. Brooke, pretty well. I know they don't belong to me. But I still know them.

It's not a poor excuse. This would be Brooke going backwards. Not growing and learning. Brooke wouldn't have done that in 119- if she does it now, it'd be out of character. And irl, people do things out of character all the time. It happens. Yes. It doesn't make it any less not like who they are as a person. IRL, we call these bad judgment calls.

And actually, I don't believe that people can change into a totally different person. I think we just grow more into ourselves. And we learn.

Once again, if Brooke is doing this, it wouldn't be the result of learning anything.

I'm sorry if I snapped at you earlier lovesophia I hate feeling like I'm a bad Brooke fan because I don't like her storyline focus right now.

PS, also, Nat, I HATE the STD. Absolutely hate it. I've never once called it out of character. I'll tell you why. It wasn't out of character for pre-season one Brooke and Nathan. It doesn't change my hatred of it or how it was handled. But it's still in character. So your theory on why I call something out of character holds no water.
♥♥♥ (seasons 1-3)
Old 11-15-2009, 04:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
nobody knows these characters, and they don't belong to anybody except the writers. only the writers can determine whether or not someone's being written OOC. We can't just say a character's OOC every time they say or do something we don't like. its a poor excuse because people change and grow and learn. We aren't always the people we used to be. at least the show get THAT right.
Okay, so using your logic, if tomorrow night Haley decides to pull out a gun and kill Nathan, we can't call it OOC because the writers are the only ones who can decide that?

We know how these characters behaved in the past, and judging from that, you can tell how they would deal with certain situations. You can see what they would do, what they wouldn't do. You don't need to be a writer to figure that out.