Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose parade (View Post)
Cath, stop alluding to spoilers!
Bad Cath bad. I didn't mean it.

Let me talk about what I loved.

HP hanging by the pool with Nathan on his floaty was Such a cute scene.

Love Haley getting back in music and Nathan being so supportive.

I'm really enjoying Brooke and her mother. They did an amazing job casting Daphne, she's perfect.

I adore Millicent too, she's a sweetheart and I like the actress.

Mouth, eww I did not need to see him making out again. I still hadn't gotten over his first time.

ETA: Mal. you rock so much. And I their smiles too. Can't wait for more scenes with them.
"Ah, who the hell knows..."
catc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh and I loathe this Mouth storyline. He needs to go away. Can't Skills get some of his screentime. At least he's funny this season.

I'll see you in the morning time
Vapour-mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just a reminder, guys. Please remember to respect eachother in here, and to respect everyone's opinions. We ask in the opening that you all not quote another's post simply to disagree, taunt, etc. and we're seeing a bit of that happening and don't want to see it escalate, so we ask that you guys keep this in mind. Also, hinting at Spoilers on the OTH board, in any capacity, is not okay. Thanks.

--------------

I loved, loved, loved this episode.

Again, first and foremost, the amount of focus on Haley? Almost hard to believe I was actually seeing it. Seriously. I'll totally take it, though, and even more episodes like this one would be awesome. Thanks.

Haley/Peyton - Oh, how I adore them to pieces. Their scenes were just so natural, so light and fun. I loved seeing them lounge by the pool, chatting about what's going on in their lives. There's always such an ease and flow to their scenes that I don't really see with many others. And while the music storyline feels a bit out there, because it is (but this show does tend to go that route always, always), I think Hil and Joie are able to pull it off. HJ just play off eachother so well, and while I know it isn't all about enjoying the work or the process, I feel like HJ really do enjoy their work together (even without having Joie confirm it, hee!), and so that's always able to be seen. It's nice.

I especially liked the scene where Haley stands up to Jason and tells him he's been released, and then the follow-up scene with Peyton. I just loved their chemistry in that scene, and that Haley was just like, 'It's Mia. I promise.' And asked that Peyton trust her and her judgement, and Peyton did. I also really loved that Peyton was more than willing to let Haley produce the album. I think that had everything to do with Peyton seeing what it meant to Haley and wanting her to have that for herself. Love, love, love. More, please? (Oh, and those caps are ridiculously cute, Mal! )

I also really liked Haley/Mia and Haley/Jaime (of course). It was nice to see NH continue on the path back to normal. Their first scene was too sweet, and I about died when Haley threw out the mullet comment. 'Twas laughs. Seeing Nathan all flirty with her again was super adorable, too.

I enjoyed the Nathan/Q stuff a lot, too. Robbie is such a charismatic, fresh actor and he just grabs my attention in each and every one of his scenes. I'm so glad they found him. It really is like having S1 Nathan around again, only not a 2.0 version. He's much too awesome for that.

Still don't like Mouth's storyline. At all.

Kfed really did bring the laughs. I enjoyed him a lot, actually. Him yelling, throwing his arms up, and the like during PH's discussion was priceless.

Loved the small Nathan/Luke moment and how both Chad and James played that, especially Chad. The fact that he just brushed off Nathan's 'thank you' was perfect, like how families really are to and with one another.

I love Millicent to absolute pieces. I'm not completely sure why, but! I think she's totally adorable and everytime Victoria snapped at her, I was just like, boo! Leave her alone. She's sweet. You just leave her be, thanks. LOL.
keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Skills was only in one scene tonight
sweetestsin1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Absolute Fan

Why is it that every Episode Discussion. Its the same people going after Peyton let it go, we know you don't like her.

Anyways about the Episode.

Love the PH scenes it was great. I'm happy their back, their chemistry is beautiful Hil & Joy have an amazing, I just adore them. HP hanging by the pool with Nathan in the pool, was cute

LP - What can you say love all their scenes just amazing, their Chemistry is so there, and I Love what Peyton said to him. Lucas was being jealous, and Peyton was right to call him on that. Why even say anything? It wasn't far to Peyton & Lindsey (even thou I really don't have an interest in her, I thought Lucas was off for that).

Lindsey - less was good in this Episode really enjoyed it. Other then that, don't have anything to say.

BP - Always love their scenes. I love that Peyton keeps being there for her, and Brooke does the same for her. I can't wait to see more scene of them. Don't really like Brooke's mom that much...

NH - Really didn't see that much of them tonight, but what we had to nice and their Morning Scenes were cute.

Haley - aww it was sad after she said that Jamie picture. After see her face it was heartbreaking.

Peyton & Haley & Jason - was a bit comedy there.

Loved Skills in this Episode, he's too funny. Mouth SL needs to go him and his boss is just nasty. Eww!!

Carrie creeps me out.
Fan Forum Star

Mouth needs to STFU about everything, ever. Gee, anyone think he's gonna be moving on to Millicent soon? That would be his SECOND love interest of the season, when nobody else has really even had ONE.

God, I loathe him. Millicent is way too good for him.

Quote:
Skills was only in one scene tonight
Three, actually. Two with Mouth [ew] and one with Nathan. And standing there with Lucas and Nathan.

Last edited by same old story; 01-22-2008 at 10:17 PM
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Passionate Fan

I still kind of liked this episode, but not as much as the past three.

On the NH intimacy issue, I couldn't tell if it was Haley being shy about Nathan finally looking at her that way after over four months of nothing or if the show is just brushing it all under the table and we're supposed to assume that she did give him that show later on with no problems. I love the fact that Haley is getting stuff other than being a detail to someone else's story right now, but for how serious the problems between NH were portrayed as and as beautiful the scenes at the end of last ep were, they were not a satisfying conclusion. I would have liked a little bit more hinted at them rebuilding. I would love it if that was intentional awkwardness on Haley's part and not just a jerky transition by the writing, and hope that it would get addressed later on, but I kind of don't think it will.

I am loving all of the Haley this season. She's always kind of been a detail to other characters' storylines, and to see both Peyton and Nathan now kind of being details to hers was so much fun. I loved Nathan supporting her and I loved her and Peyton working together. I'm not generally a fan of Peyton, but they do have a good friendship chemistry. I always think that they have the cutest body language toward one another in their friendship scenes, and the piano scene was a perfect example of that. I hope this music storyline continues to do good things for both of them.

I do think there's something too good to be true about Carrie because this show would never do something simple with something cliche as a hot nanny, but I didn't think Jamie's picture was creepy. It was just sad for Haley. She's getting to do good things and her relationship with Nathan is getting better, but she has had to make some sacrifices. All working mothers do. I was expecting and would have rathered her scene in the coda to be with Nathan and something about that dress. Would have been nice.

I want to like Quinton and the parallel that he's supposed to be to Nathan, but the guy is just too over the top. They need to give him something the audience can connect to, the way the show made Nathan sympathetic through his awful relationship with Dan, or he is going to get old fast.

Victoria is a badass. I loved her conversations with both Peyton and Lucas, and the looks on their face when she was done. We've had some bitches on this show, but she puts all of them to same. But, other than that, Brooke's storyline does nothing for me. Like someone else up thread said, its just there.

Go away Mouth and your cougar. The scratches on his chest made me want to hurl.
~annie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

The Mouth storyline is sexist, to be quite HONEST.
rose parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
The scratches on his chest made me want to hurl.
LMAO!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

YOU GUYS, he slept his way to the top!

Like a ****ty girl.
same old story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

This episode was far better than 503, and my favorite of the season so far. The transitions seemed to be a little smoother than last ep, which was all over the place. Great variety of character interaction.

Highlights:
-Finally, a lucas opening voiceover, I've been missing those.
-I love Mia, I think she's my favorite newbie this season.
-I love that Peyton gave Haley the opportunity to get back into music. She seems so comfortable in that environment.
-Lucas and Peyton- wow. I'm in love the angsty dynamic this season. I loved the "You look amazing" scene on the deck and the "He's not good enough for you" scene. The pain in their eyes was so evident. They're no where near over each other.
-an almost Lindsey-less episode.
-NHP pool scene
-Great coda montage to Kindly Unspoken

Lows:
-Mouth's cougar claw marks *puke*
-Horribly predictable Carrie
-Quentin, I don't know if it's the actor or the character, but I can hardly watch his scenes.

Next week may give me a heart attack, I'm dreading it.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe someday (View Post)
Three, actually. Two with Mouth [ew] and one with Nathan. And standing there with Lucas and Nathan.
Heh, I think I blocked those Mouth scenes out.

More Skills, less Mouth is what I say.
sweetestsin1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
YOU GUYS, he slept his way to the top!
That little weinie.
rose parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Why would Mouth want to sleep with her after she left claw marks like that? He seriously needed to use the Neosporine. I just don't find the Cougar boss likeable or the storyline that goes along with it.

Pamela
SluttyDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:37 PM
Master Fan

Mouth should go take a world tour. Off screen.
Reply   Post New Thread