Fan Forum Legend

It really does suck.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant31 (View Post)
Killing Marissa off was the biggest mistake the show runners made imo. I always wished the show ended with Ryan & Marissa getting married and Ryan buying the model home from season 1 for them to live and start a family in.

Couldn't agree more The model home story line was such a great way to introduce us to Ryan and Marissa's complicated romantic dynamic, I loved how he was hiding out there and she had a rendez-vous with him there and they basically admitted their feelings for each other. That would have been a great full-circle story line in the end.

Quote:
I liked the dark route they took Marissa in but wish they handled it a bit differently. It just really sucks that when Marissa was becoming herself again and getting her life together they killed her off.

Exactly. It's as if the writers don't have a clue how to handle redemption arcs. Giving Marissa hope in the Finale then stealing it away from her AND Ryan, then he's left to deal with the devastation and guilt afterwards.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-23-2018, 08:07 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Couldn't agree more The model home story line was such a great way to introduce us to Ryan and Marissa's complicated romantic dynamic, I loved how he was hiding out there and she had a rendez-vous with him there and they basically admitted their feelings for each other. That would have been a great full-circle story line in the end.
I also love that they revisited the model home in the season 3 finale. the scene of the core four playing around in the pool is beautiful and also tragic knowing it will be their last time spent together

Quote:
Exactly. It's as if the writers don't have a clue how to handle redemption arcs. Giving Marissa hope in the Finale then stealing it away from her AND Ryan, then he's left to deal with the devastation and guilt afterwards.
Ryan in the first few episodes of season 4 kills me. he's so lost. Marissa's death was pretty unnecessary. Writers usually kill off a character to develop the plot or to further a characters development. But in season 4 they rush everyone's grieving and kinda sweep Marrissa's death under the rug after a couple of episodes. She was literally killed for no purpose at all.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Killing Marissa killed the show. I had no interest in watch them force Ryan to move on (to Taylor, of all people ) and watch the other characters act as if she never existed in S4. That season is too weird. Like you said, her death was treated with as little decency as her Dad's exit story arc at the start of Season 3.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-23-2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I also love that they revisited the model home in the season 3 finale. the scene of the core four playing around in the pool is beautiful and also tragic knowing it will be their last time spent together
I enjoyed those scenes, but it sucked it was their last time hanging out together
Old 02-23-2018, 06:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)
Killing Marissa killed the show. I had no interest in watch them force Ryan to move on (to Taylor, of all people ) and watch the other characters act as if she never existed in S4. That season is too weird. Like you said, her death was treated with as little decency as her Dad's exit story arc at the start of Season 3.
After the first four episodes of season 4 the whole show changed. It was a completely different vibe. It didn't feel like the o.c. It was like an even more cheesy, silly version of what it once was. All the new character suck. Luke's twin brothers, bullit, Ryan's father. Making Frank a 'redeemed' character was the worst. Also when i remember Chris Brown guest starred on the show, I nearly throw up.

I was annoyed how they wrote Jimmy's arc in season 3 also.. I couldn't believe he had stolen money again! Throughout season 1-2 he was a really good father to Marissa. But his actions in season 3 made me think otherwise.

(Sorry for being so negative, everyone. After all these years I'm just still so bitter)
Old 02-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
After the first four episodes of season 4 the whole show changed. It was a completely different vibe. It didn't feel like the o.c. It was like an even more cheesy, silly version of what it once was. All the new character suck. Luke's twin brothers, bullit, Ryan's father. Making Frank a 'redeemed' character was the worst. Also when i remember Chris Brown guest starred on the show, I nearly throw up.

I was annoyed how they wrote Jimmy's arc in season 3 also.. I couldn't believe he had stolen money again! Throughout season 1-2 he was a really good father to Marissa. But his actions in season 3 made me think otherwise.

(Sorry for being so negative, everyone. After all these years I'm just still so bitter)
Bringing in Frank as an 'changed man' after he lied about having cancer and then putting him with Julie was so stupid.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Bringing in Frank as an 'changed man' after he lied about having cancer and then putting him with Julie was so stupid.
I completely agree. Also the fact that he used to physically abuse Ryan and his mother, he didn't deserve redemption or Ryan's forgiveness at all.

Here's a little gif to lighten the mood

Old 02-23-2018, 08:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

aw, they're adorable!
Old 02-24-2018, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Agreed, no one deserved redemption after what Frank did

They were pretty cute
Old 02-25-2018, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Cute gif!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-25-2018, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It really is
Old 02-26-2018, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Yes!

{taek su mi sun}
Old 02-26-2018, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Sucks that we didn't get more of those moments.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:22 PM
Absolute Fan

There are some really cute little cheek kisses and gestures they do in season 3 that really go unnoticed.

for example: