Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2004, 10:52 PM
Addicted Fan

When did you first start hating Anna? Was it from the very beginning or was there a certain thing she did that caused you to hate her?

i actually wasnt the biggest fan of summer in the debut, cuz i thought she was being kinda mean leaving seth to go w/ luke. but at the same time, i couldnt like anna. i thought that i'd eventually like her, but she was just so f-ing annoying! she really could have been a likeable character, but it just wasn't working. and than the escape aired and i fell inlove w/ summer, and i never wanted anna to come back ever again. to my bad luck, she did...and devoted my time hating her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
JoozerLoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 10:59 PM
Extreme Fan

I saw her in The Debut but wasn't overly impressed. A fellow admin at my site loved her at first. She was like 'finally, a witty, independant strong woman!' I think that was mostly due to the fact that she hated Marissa at the time. I though 'okay, I'll try to give Anna a chance. Maybe she'll be better for Seth' since I hadn't warmed up to Summer yet. In fact, I pretty much hated her for the first few eps. That was mainly due to the fact that she had remained really under-developed and was basically this one-dimensial character at the time. Then she started to grow on me. And quickly. Suddenly, I was a huge Summer lover and seriously shipping Seth and her.

Then Anna came back and I was pissed, lol. I didn't want anyone meddling between them but I thought I'd give her a chance. But I saw what a hypocrite she was really quickly and then it just continued to go downhill from there.

People have this misconception that Anna is perfect and nice and sweet and innocent. But she's not. She's a bitch on many levels but she hides it really well behind sparkly make-up and a soft voice. Summer may be a bitch, but she never tried to convince people other- wise. She does however have a genuine vulnerable side that she keeps carefully hidden which we've seen glimpses of in the past. The difference between Summer and Anna is that Summer isn't trying to convince others that she's this perfect 'saint' and I respect her for that. She's a bitch. She knows it. And she's proud. Go her, lol.

Jewel

[ 02-15-2004: Message edited jewel21 ]
Old 02-15-2004, 11:01 PM
Master Fan

I first started hating Anna in "the perfect couple", as I have stated previously. Friends just don't do that to other friends. Mine don't, they listen to what I have to say.

You guys... I just watched Pretty in Pink again today, and I realized that Anna was a Duckie imposter, except she will never be as cool as the Duck man. And I realized that since Duckie really loved Andie, he let her go. Unlike somebody...
Old 02-15-2004, 11:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by In Fair Verona:
<STRONG>
You guys... I just watched Pretty in Pink again today, and I realized that Anna was a Duckie imposter, except she will never be as cool as the Duck man. And I realized that since Duckie really loved Andie, he let her go. Unlike somebody...</STRONG>
Duckie is the man.

And I would bet you money that Anna would never dance around a record store for Seth. (Not that any of us would want to see that)

You will be lonely, Craig.
HyperBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by duadiddydiddy:
<STRONG>

Duckie is the man.

And I would bet you money that Anna would never dance around a record store for Seth. (Not that any of us would want to see that)</STRONG>
WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THAT IMAGE!?!?! DEAR GOD.
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-15-2004, 11:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>

WHY DID YOU GIVE ME THAT IMAGE!?!?! DEAR GOD.
[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I hadn't pictured it until just now. WOW. I am SO SO sorry.

You will be lonely, Craig.
HyperBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
<STRONG>I first started hating Anna in "the perfect couple", as I have stated previously. Friends just don't do that to other friends. Mine don't, they listen to what I have to say.

You guys... I just watched Pretty in Pink again today, and I realized that Anna was a Duckie imposter, except she will never be as cool as the Duck man. And I realized that since Duckie really loved Andie, he let her go. Unlike somebody...</STRONG>
Aww I love Duckie! Maybe if Anna had been more like him I would have liked her. Well...maybe.

"It's magic between you and me, Max." -Conan O'Brien
Biznitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Heh...yeah, Anna is no Duckie. She tries, heaven knows, but all that comes out is her frightening "outfits" that Goodwill rejected, only matched in retardation by her lollipop head doused in cosmetics and bad hair product...

*shakes head*

Quote:
Originally posted by jewel21:
<STRONG> People have this misconception that Anna is perfect and nice and sweet and innocent. But she's not. She's a bitch on many levels but she hides it really well behind sparkly make-up and a soft voice. Summer may be a bitch, but she never tried to convince people other- wise. She does however have a genuine vulnerable side that she keeps carefully hidden which we've seen glimpses of in the past. The difference between Summer and Anna is that Summer isn't trying to convince others that she's this perfect 'saint' and I respect her for that. She's a bitch. She knows it. And she's proud. Go her, lol.
</STRONG>

I agree. Summer's the good kind of bitch -- like me, I'm proud to be a bitch. Being a bitch is fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Anna, like in everything else that defines her meaningless existence, tries to be cool and fails...swing-and-a-miss Lesbo-Reject, swing-and-a-miss...

You know, all these past few weeks of The O.C., I think Seth was being drugged -- Anna gives off a strange sort of alien pheromone that cripples peoples' discernment capabilities -- she did it to Sandy too, poor guy [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. You all notice how once she left Seth alone, everything was clear in his head, and now he and Summer are doing it like rabbits... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

I'm so happy with that. [img]smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

When did i start to hate Anna? Um when she had her very first scene and Marissa put her with Ryan, I thought she would be another love interest for Ryan, but NO! She had to go for Seth! Then i was soooo pissed off. After she wasn't in the ep after that i thought she was gone. Then she came back with her ugly ugly green sweater and bad make-up. The whole i'll help you with Summer thing, i knew she was using that to get to Seth. Then in the next ep she told him to stop talking about Summer! I could always see through her bad hair, make-up, clothes and personality even though it was hard i could, i knew she was out to ruin our S/S goodness. But can't anymore! [img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img] She'll be gone soon....

[ 02-15-2004: Message edited that_70s_gurl101 ]
.Bianca.
that_70s_gurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:40 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by KeeperOfTheJunk:
<STRONG>I agree. Summer's the good kind of bitch -- like me, I'm proud to be a bitch. Being a bitch is fun [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Anna, like in everything else that defines her meaningless existence, tries to be cool and fails...swing-and-a-miss Lesbo-Reject, swing-and-a-miss...</STRONG>
I agree being a bitch is hella fun! I love it! But Anna is the bad kind of bitch the one who gets in everyones way and annoys the hell out of you to point where you want to shoot yourself so you don't have to hear that whiny baby voice ringing in your ears. That's the kind of bitch she is, the more she tries to hide it the more it shines through, is amazing anything shines through those clothes and make-up but it does some how [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
.Bianca.
that_70s_gurl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

omg i adore the new thread title!!!! it's too perfect!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey guys...me again [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Wanted y'all to know that I started a thread about...well, nothing... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I know, sounds riveting. But I just felt like it, and there aren't really any fixed topics or rules (I hate rules [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] ), and I very well may get in trouble or something because that's just me -- always getting the short end of the stick... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Anyway, if any of you at any time wanna share something O.C.-related and don't find that you can share it anywhere else without getting assaulted or whatever, bring it on over -- I'd be glad to have it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img].

Just look for my name and...hopefully I'll see you there! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
sumiregusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Morning, E-Nazis! Remember to spread the hate today as we do everyday [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Vacate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 09:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jer][choGirl:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] Morning, E-Nazis! Remember to spread the hate today as we do everyday [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
LOL [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Don't we always?

New ep tonight! *Bounces off the walls*

I'm so giddy, I can't wait, hee.

Jewel
Old 02-16-2004, 10:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by jewel21:
<STRONG>

LOL [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Don't we always?

New ep tonight! *Bounces off the walls*

I'm so giddy, I can't wait, hee.

Jewel</STRONG>
Bah! I wanna be canadian! Or have an obscenely large satelite dish... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Vacate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread