Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley23
MadameBovary, and Summerth4ever...you guys are so lucky! Over the summer, I am going to do some serious stalking. Or if Adam and Rachel (or anyone from the OC for that matter) decided to come to San Diego, that would be fine with me, I'll be waiting. haha.
Well, Adam's family is in San Diego so you never know, you just might see them there one day.

neko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:58 AM
Part-Time Fan

A friend of mine and I travelled to Hollywood to see a talkback with stars of the O.C. sponsored by Backstage West. It was a pretty mellow event held in some random building on sunset. Anyways, Josh Schwartz, Rachel Bilson, Adam Brody and Melinda Clarke were in attendance. They just answered questions about season 1 and gave struggling actors advice and stuff. Josh kind of dominated the discussion.

Afterwards we got a chance to say hi and my friend talked to adam for a little bit about growing up in San Diego since thats where we are from. I talked to Melinda a little bit and Rachel left pretty quick after the interview was over. All in all i wasnt that thrilled, at the time, cuz i wasnt much of a fan of the show. I was just going as an actor looking for some tips.

But my new college friends have forced me to start watching this season, so it is exhilirating to tell them about my experience.

"Save the cheerleader, save the world", "Are you on the list?" Heroes - Mondays at 9pm on NBC!!!
stingray22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Elite Fan

I saw Adam at a bar in New York this past September with Chace Crawford.
Jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieScott (View Post)
I saw Adam at a bar in New York this past September with Chace Crawford.
Ohhh, did you meet Adam? That's so cool that you saw him! I wonder if he's friends with Chase.

I haven't had any close encounters, but a friend of mine met Ben McKenzie in a grocery store. She was in line with him, and she said she asked him, "OMG. Are you..." And she was speechless, and he replied, "Yeah, I'm Ben. What's your name?" And then after they bought their groceries, he talked to her for like 20 minutes and they talked about random stuff and she has pictures with him. She said he's not only the nicest celebrity she's met (she's met a few), but he's one of the nicest most down to earth people she's met.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]
~Search4Truth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't speak to Adam, but he's definitely friends with Chace because he was sitting at the same table with him... I talked to Chace for a couple of minutes, but I didn't want to take up any more of their time, so I skipped Adam. Adam definitely watched Chace and I while we chatted for a minute, though. If they weren't in the middle of eating, I would have went up to Adam as well, but I felt like I should make a choice and make it as quick as possible. :\

That's a very sweet story. Ben seems amazing. I've met so many celebs, and if I ever have the opportunity to meet Ben and he is nicer than some that I've met, I'll be blown away. He obviously lives in LA right? I'll be there in a couple of weeks, maybe I'll get really, really lucky. Yeah right...
Old 06-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I didn't speak to Adam, but he's definitely friends with Chace because he was sitting at the same table with him... I talked to Chace for a couple of minutes, but I didn't want to take up any more of their time, so I skipped Adam. Adam definitely watched Chace and I while we chatted for a minute, though. If they weren't in the middle of eating, I would have went up to Adam as well, but I felt like I should make a choice and make it as quick as possible. :\

That's a very sweet story. Ben seems amazing. I've met so many celebs, and if I ever have the opportunity to meet Ben and he is nicer than some that I've met, I'll be blown away. He obviously lives in LA right? I'll be there in a couple of weeks, maybe I'll get really, really lucky. Yeah right...
Ohhhh, was Chase nice?

Wow, you've met a lot of celebrities? I've only met a few. I met Usher, and I've met several professional athletes and Olympians, but that is only because I used to run NCAA Division I track in college so naturally I was surrounded by athletes--many of whom became very successful.

Awww, yeah Ben's in LA I think. Hopefully you catch him on a good day! Just kidding. I honestly think that everyone has their bad days, so if I met him and he wasn't as nice as he seems with everyone else who meets him, I would give him a break because I've read hundreds of fan encounters with him over the past few years and all were positive and all were almost just as adorable as my friend's story in the grocery store... He does seem like a genuine guy though--and to me most other celebrities don't, and if you get to meet him, I hope you have a great experience!

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 06-07-2010 at 08:41 AM
Old 06-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

Chace was very sweet and polite, so yes, I would say that he was nice! He is so beautiful.

Yes, I kind of have. A lot of musicians, but as far as actors- mainly just the entire One Tree Hill cast on several different occasions.

Yes, I think everyone is allowed to have a bad day, but I like when a celebrity can at least say hello, even a wave. I have seen a few who can't even manage that and it's a little sad. Thank you, I doubt I'd see him, but I'll definitely be on the lookout.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Chace was very sweet and polite, so yes, I would say that he was nice! He is so beautiful.
Awww! And yes, I agree. He's definitely an attractive guy. It's a shame he got in trouble the other day. But he seems like a nice guy still.

Quote:
Yes, I kind of have. A lot of musicians, but as far as actors- mainly just the entire One Tree Hill cast on several different occasions.
Oh, how were the cast of One Tree Hill? That one dude is hot... James Lafferty I think it is? I always thought Sophia Bush seemed cool. I'm not a fan of CMM. Were they all nice though? I admit I don't really watch that show.

Quote:
Yes, I think everyone is allowed to have a bad day, but I like when a celebrity can at least say hello, even a wave. I have seen a few who can't even manage that and it's a little sad. Thank you, I doubt I'd see him, but I'll definitely be on the lookout.
I know what you mean! You'd think they would at least say, "Hey" or nod or something! At the same time though, there are times where even I ignore people because I don't see them or something else is on my mind and then later they tell me I was rude to them... and I'm no where close to being a celebrity... so since even the average person does that... I tend to sort of let that stuff go because celebrities especially, have people walking up to them on a daily basis and that's got to get tiring after a while.

On Ben though... to be honest, I've never heard a negative fan encounter with him (except for one where they met him at a funeral... and even that one wasn't so bad) and I've heard literally hundreds so I'm pretty sure that if you did by some chance get to him, it would be a very pleasant experience.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh that's cool you saw Adam once, Jamie! And the OTH cast too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBabe (View Post)
I haven't had any close encounters, but a friend of mine met Ben McKenzie in a grocery store. She was in line with him, and she said she asked him, "OMG. Are you..." And she was speechless, and he replied, "Yeah, I'm Ben. What's your name?" And then after they bought their groceries, he talked to her for like 20 minutes and they talked about random stuff and she has pictures with him. She said he's not only the nicest celebrity she's met (she's met a few), but he's one of the nicest most down to earth people she's met.
Aw wow! Sounds like he was lovely.
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Master Fan

I'm so jealous Jamie. I'm glad Chace was nice, he seems like he would be

And I'm also jealous you've met the whole cast of OTH that's great!
martha(brucas&jeyton) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks guys. I'm glad I ran into Adam once too.

TC, you know someone who saw Ben at a funeral? That's a little awkward - they went up to him, too?

Quote:
Oh, how were the cast of One Tree Hill? That one dude is hot... James Lafferty I think it is? I always thought Sophia Bush seemed cool. I'm not a fan of CMM. Were they all nice though? I admit I don't really watch that show.
The OTH cast is amazing. I've never met nicer celebs than CMM, Bryan Greenberg, and Hilarie Burton. They are all SO nice, polite, down to earth. Those three are the best to meet by far. The rest are very cool, too. James is more shy, Joy is sweet but reserved, and Sophia is nice but quick about things, if that makes sense. Chad, Bryan, and Hil make you feel like they care, they're great. Austin Nichols is actually really, really great too, he'll talk to you for a while and he's funny.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
TC, you know someone who saw Ben at a funeral? That's a little awkward - they went up to him, too?
Yeah, I don't know them, but it was just an online fan sighting. I don't know whose funeral it was, but they said they saw him there and they actually went up to him. Super awkward I agree. I think it's actually... thoughtless on their part, but that's just me. There are certain times and places where even if I saw a celebrity, I would leave them alone and let them have their space. They are people too! I think sometimes people forget that.

Quote:
The OTH cast is amazing. I've never met nicer celebs than CMM, Bryan Greenberg, and Hilarie Burton. They are all SO nice, polite, down to earth. Those three are the best to meet by far. The rest are very cool, too. James is more shy, Joy is sweet but reserved, and Sophia is nice but quick about things, if that makes sense. Chad, Bryan, and Hil make you feel like they care, they're great. Austin Nichols is actually really, really great too, he'll talk to you for a while and he's funny.
Awww, that's so sweet! It's great that CMM is a really nice guy! James is shy? That's sweet... I actually think it's adorable when celebrities are shy. There's nothing wrong with being reserved either--so Joy must be pretty awesome too. Awww, Austin Nichols. How did you get to meet them?

I think it depends on when and where you meet a celebrity how they will act. You know? If you meet them when they honestly have to go and don't have time, then it's understandable that they may not be as receptive as a day you meet them when they have time on their hands. That's why I don't really judge celebrities based off of fan encounters really unless it's obvious the celebrity has so many bad fan encounters that they must really be like that. Personally, I can see it getting annoying to stop for every single fan that comes up to you when you have stuff to do, but it's really great when they care enough about their fans to stop and say "Hey!"

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 06-09-2010 at 09:07 AM
Old 06-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Personally, I can see it getting annoying to stop for every single fan that comes up to you when you have stuff to do, but it's really great when they care enough about their fans to stop and say "Hey!"
Yeah, it's nice when you hear they've made an effort.
"You'reMyLittleSnowAngel" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Master Fan

I'm insanely jealous that you met BG and Hil. They are my favorites They just seem like they would be fantastic.

And I agree Theresa, that does seem that it would be a bit thoughtless to go up to Ben at a funeral!
martha(brucas&jeyton) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha(brucas&jeyton) (View Post)
And I agree Theresa, that does seem that it would be a bit thoughtless to go up to Ben at a funeral!
Yeah. It's thoughtless on their part. They didn't say Ben was mean about it though. They just said he gave them a sad smile acknowledging them and also that he looked really depressed and pensive and then he walked away. It was something like that, and that is the most negative sighting I've ever heard for him-- all the others are some of the most positive and touching celebrity encounters I've ever heard.... so I think he's a pretty awesome guy. The hundreds of amazing fan encounters (including my friend who met him in the grocery store) trump that one. Hopefully if I ever get the change to meet him, he'll be that awesome... but he is human so... I never get my hopes up for anything.
Reply   Post New Thread