Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Elite Fan

There's one at the spoiler thread becca. Page two. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
For when Glinda chose to remember her youth at all...she could recall far more clearly how she and Elphie had shared a bed on the road to the Emerald City. How brave that had made her feel, and how vulnerable too.
Tragedy Tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Loyal Fan

That blue light thing at the beginning was awesome. Reinforcement that this episode was nothing to worry about.

I don't think anyone has mentioned how ADORABLE the scene at the lunch table was when Summer was talking about how she couldn't believe Caleb wasn't happy b/c he was on the cover of the magazine. And Seth grinned like she was the cutest thing in the world.

Which, of course, she is.

But you know.

[ 03-03-2004: Message edited TallyMcKee ]
Old 03-04-2004, 12:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by emrie:
<STRONG>Guys. Chill out. Here, read this:

To make my little S/S heart feel better:

1. I'll bet part of Seth's distance from Summer was because the guilt he was feeling was so strong that he was unable to enjoy himself with her. Now that things with Anna are solved, I think he'll relax again.
2. I think JS is hedging his bets and giving the S/A fans a nice send-off as well as leaving the door open for her hypothetical return.
3. Seth told Summer that this wasn't a romance thing. She accepted it and wisely didn't cling or deny what he needed to do. That tender kiss on the forehead was very intimate and sweet and I loved it.
4. I'm chalking the "What if the girl I'm supposed to be with...?" and "Maybe in the future..." lines up to JS leaving that door open (see #2), them acknowledging their similarties and also why it was so wrong right now, and especially Seth being a little tipsy for his line.
5. The many repetitions of Seth and Summer's lines, both referring to the kissing booth with the exact same words, the Tijuana car convo, etc. are meant to reassert their hidden similarities and draw a paralell between them. I'm choosing to believe that JS stuck it in there for that purpose.</STRONG>
I'm pretty calm hehe You and llekian always seems to provide good insight that makes me feel better.

I not worried about S/S just disappointed in the lack of continuity.
-imaginary- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not worried about S/S either. I know they'll still be together. I just didn't like the tone of this episode and it seemed like a real letdown after 'The Heartbreak' and 'The Telenovela.'

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 12:43 AM
Dedicated Fan

The caps from the promo are awesome. Sadly, that beginning blue screen part with Seth in the background saying "It's always been you Summer" and the part at the car before Seth opens his mouth and mentions that he's thinking about Anna while they're making out were probably some of my favorite scenes from today's episode. I didn't like this Seth, I thought Seth was going back to his sweet lovable self and then he becomes... this self-absorbed ass in this one.

Even if I didn't like how they used the DCFC as part of an S/A scene, I couldn't help, but sing a long with it. C'mon it's Death Cab. Despite the anger, I had to sing along.

Hey and the previews for next week weren't great, but I loved them anyway. Why? Cuz they showed a brief shot of Colin Hanks! *sigh* It made me miss Alex... and basically everything about Roswell in general. Roswell tear damnit!

Anything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.
GagMeWithASpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 01:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Colin Hanks looked a bit odd with the long hair look.....I don't know if I'm diggin it. He was definitely a cutie on Roswell though [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Seth: It's always been you Summer, it's always been you.

Leyton.......and Jayton!
Jenuh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Way to be positive Haydensgirl! We definitely think alike on a lot of subjects! I'm also positive Summer and Seth are going to have some kick ass scenes in the last 6 episodes!
AAAWWW thanks dude [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] Glad u agree [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Things will be fine with our couple [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Seriously they just got together and they have fallen for each other bad haha It's only gonna evolve [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Be happy guys!!! Our ship is FINALLY TOGETHER!!!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The-OC.org [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"My heart is a museum filled with pictures of you."
♥ {Cory & Lea} ♥

haydensgirl: Jess
haydensgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Ahhw I love that photo!!

So I guess everyone kind of survived last night's episode.

I just hope Seth and Summer won't break up before season 2. And definitely not in the last episode of this season, although there is a good chance they will. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Sabrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Absolute Fan

hey guys i posted this on the spoiler thread a few days ago...just something i thought of

This may be a bit of a stretch i but began to feel better after i realized what song is in the background (If you leave by OMD). Its the same song that is in the ending of Pretty In Pink (80's Molly Ringwald teen movie). If you havent seen it, it totally parallels the S/S/A triangle (which is finnnally over!) Molly Ringwalds character (who would be paralleling seth) is a pretty much a loser but has a best friend (jon cryer "anna" )whose totally in love with her. then the popular rich guy (andrew mccarthy "summer") falls in love with her. Molly Ringwald ends up dating the popular guy and really likes him and has a chemistry with him, but it ends up not working out. And of course at the end, during the prom, when the song (previously mentioned) "if you leave" is playing Molly Ringwald is forced to choose between the best friend (anna)who loves her and the popular guy (summer) who also loves her. What she realizes is that while she loves her best friend she only loves him as a friend and that she wants to be with the Andrew McCarthy's character. So in the end she ends up chasing after Andrew McCarthy at the prom and being with him

i know that was a looong stretch but i know how josh schwartz is with his meta references and stuff and the story line from pretty and pink just screamed s/s to me. it also helped me sleep a little bit last night
coleyoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 07:01 AM
Extreme Fan

I've noticed the Pretty and Pink similarities too. I would have been fine with this episode if it weren't for a couple of lines. I'm just so tired of this triangle. And the fact that the writers are leaving it open to come back just urks me. I want it to be over.

Seth knows that Summer is scared of losing him, and what does he do? He starts to wonder if the girl he's supposed to be with is gone. He needs to make up his mind and stop playing with people's emotions. I just didn't like the feeling I got from this episode.

You will be lonely, Craig.
HyperBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 08:21 AM
Addicted Fan

me and my guy friend were watching this together...and he even thought that the guys were acting really immaturely with the situation. my friend isn't the most mature person in the world, but he told me that he knows how to treat a girl right...and seth wasn't really doing that w/ summer sometimes. and my friend is just 16, therefore younger than the characters on the show, which means that the OC kids have to start growin up a lil. i still really love seth, but he HAS to straighten up a bit.
"If it’s not real you can’t hold it in your hand. You can’t feel it with your heart, and I won’t believe it."
JoozerLoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't know if anyone has noticed this but Summer mentioned her Dad is a plastic surgeon. Has she mentioned that before? Or has the writers been reading The Freshman Woes [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 03-04-2004: Message edited -Alicia- ]
-imaginary- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Obsessed Fan

I noticed that, Alicia. We haven't heard anything about Summer's family in awhile. I wonder if that comment was a hint that we're going to meet Summer's dad and drugged-out stepmom soon. I would love to see them explore her background. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Jen | tumblr
dixieland_dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by -Alicia-:
<STRONG>I don't know if anyone has noticed this but Summer mentioned her Dad is a platic surgeon. Has she mentioned that before? Or has the writers been reading The Freshman Woes [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
She's never mentioned it before and -Alicia- I too had the same thought when she said it. Honestly with Josh Scwhartz I wouldn't be the least surprised if he was. Hopefully they don't take too much stuff from it; cause then Tally can sue them for stealing her ideas. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Okay I'm going to copy and paste something I posted at the Spoilers Thread about the episode(cause I saw it on Monday). Now maybe this is just my delusional S/S shipping heart talking and I expect many persons will disagree with my view but that's okay; you can just ignore it. Honestly I am as a big a S/S fan as anyone here and unlike a few NEVER liked Anna(didn't hate her though, just mostly indifferent) but the episode still didn't bug that much. Not on Monday and not after watching it again last night. Okay here was my view on the whole thing;

See I found the whole thing believable because like I said last week, I personally don't think Seth and Summer are in love with each other and he was losing the girl who in his eyes GOT him like no one else did. Here's the reality of the situation as I see it. Seth saw Anna as the girl who understood him in almost every way possible. However that didn't mean he was attracted to her physically and that's what dating her made him realize. Now Summer he is VERY physically attracted to and genuinely likes being with her. However he does not know her that well. Sure he knows ALOT of information about her but I doubt Seth knows what exactly motivates Summer, her fears, etc. Look how completely lost he was as to why she'd be scared of possibly losing him. His reaction was like; "why I'm not going anywhere." Also he really needs to learn to STOP being so self-absorbed. That is the MAIN character flaw of his, as established last night and one that's going to ruin ANY relationship he has if not stopped or controlled more. Meanwhile Summer needs to understand Seth better(although that'll probably be easy since he's so self-involved, he's always sharing what and how he feels. Love the boy but let's be honest here) and open up to him more. Basically the fact is neither Seth or Summer know really what they're doing in the whole relationship thing and they're going to have to learn as they go along. That's why I said once that the writers need to SHOW us Seth and Summer falling in love with each other and if done well I think they could make it very special.

The truth is in my view there WERE good aspects in this episode for the S/S pairing. Once or twice, they showed you the two saying the exact same thing the other had said at some other time. The point being; Seth and Summer are more alike than either realizes but unlike Seth and Anna; have their differences that keeps them interesting and intriguing to each other. Plus once again, there's their physical attraction. For example as much as I loved seeing a calmer Summer, I LOVED at the beginning when she went "come on I'm not that dumb, I'm just shallow." That had me cracking up. It's so honest and who she is but you love her anyway because despite it; she's a great girl. The fact is Seth and Summer do have quite a bit in common but sufficient differences to keep things interesting between them. They're going to have to learn to be in a relationship; meaning if something is wrong talking to EACH other about it; instead of having a third party fix things as was the case last week. That is why I said last week and after seeing the episode still feel the same; that Seth wanted his girlfriend and best friend. I mean consider his last words to Anna; "what will "I" do without you. Again it was about HIM; which is why she reminded him of the same thing she told him when they first met, "confidence." He was afraid of losing the girl you made his life easier for him; without him having to do it. However that's going to be the big thing. Seth is going to have to learn to make his girlfriend his best friend too.

Okay the point of all my crazy rambling and hopefully ONE person understands what I'm trying to say is that Seth having a brief moment of doubt WAS realistic. This is a girl he'll potentially never see again and she meant alot to him and again in his eyes understood him like nobody else ever did. He's thinking sure I'm not physically attracted to her but who's to say that couldn't have developed over time?Honestly I felt it understandable for a teenage boy and I truly didn't feel it's because his feelings for Summer are any less or somehow diminished. I really didn't find the emotion he showed at the airport overdone or anything of the kind. Again though that's just me, so maybe I'm just being blind or whatever.
lleykian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Master Fan

I don't think that Seth and Summer are going to be breaking up any time soon. They just started their relationship so I think that the journey is just beginning [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Hot Like Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread