Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2016, 12:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaBelle (View Post)
Thanks So then we really are getting a season 8.....I hope it's the last and that it's short so this show can be over by the end of the year.
Well some of us are enjoying the show and the lack of elena. She was always my least favourite character so personally I'm enjoying the show taking a new direction. I may not think every episode is amazing and exciting, but didn't in the Elena era either. Elena was not the show! And quite frankly, it's refreshing and new to see the other characters not obsess over someone that didn't deserve everyone's devotion. There are plenty of ways they can take the show and the characters, and it is annoying to keep reading from fans on a spoiler thread about how they hope this is the last season. If you don't like the show, why are you still watching and why are you posting in a spoiler thread. Why not post in threads of shows you actually enjoy and let the fans who do enjoy the show read and write in a thread about "spoilers"! There should be rules about this sort of stuff. And why have a thread title about the show failing? This thread should be managed by fans who enjoy the show, and yes there are still those out there given the number reading articles and spoilers. And there are shows out there renewed with much lower viewing figures!
Old 01-23-2016, 02:31 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by othfan1980 (View Post)
Well some of us are enjoying the show and the lack of elena. She was always my least favourite character so personally I'm enjoying the show taking a new direction. I may not think every episode is amazing and exciting, but didn't in the Elena era either. Elena was not the show! And quite frankly, it's refreshing and new to see the other characters not obsess over someone that didn't deserve everyone's devotion. There are plenty of ways they can take the show and the characters, and it is annoying to keep reading from fans on a spoiler thread about how they hope this is the last season. If you don't like the show, why are you still watching and why are you posting in a spoiler thread. Why not post in threads of shows you actually enjoy and let the fans who do enjoy the show read and write in a thread about "spoilers"! There should be rules about this sort of stuff. And why have a thread title about the show failing? This thread should be managed by fans who enjoy the show, and yes there are still those out there given the number reading articles and spoilers. And there are shows out there renewed with much lower viewing figures!
^^ THIS! I agree with everything you say!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the video link.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
I never understood the Elena obsession, the brothers' or the fans. So not having Elena will always be a plus for me. Having said that, I can see where people are coming from when saying the show's quality dropped, but even with that, I enjoy it enough to want to see it continue.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:55 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Thanks So then we really are getting a season 8.....I hope it's the last and that it's short so this show can be over by the end of the year.
That isn't necessarily true JP loves to be vague all she said was when Paul and Ian are done she is ready to be done for all we know that could mean the end of this season as for Nina I doubt she will be back she said in an interview she was done and Julie may want her back to do another chapter but I doubt it. It will also depend on how well they do with the move to Friday if they tank then it won't matter what she wants TVD has already dropped to .056 this season and the legends of tomorrow have tripled that in TVD time slot so it isn't looking good
Old 01-24-2016, 04:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha24 (View Post)
That isn't necessarily true JP loves to be vague all she said was when Paul and Ian are done she is ready to be done for all we know that could mean the end of this season as for Nina I doubt she will be back she said in an interview she was done and Julie may want her back to do another chapter but I doubt it. It will also depend on how well they do with the move to Friday if they tank then it won't matter what she wants TVD has already dropped to .056 this season and the legends of tomorrow have tripled that in TVD time slot so it isn't looking good
I imagine they either filmed the ending before she left or negotiated it in the contract...it would make no sense to give elena the ending she got otherwise, as it pretty much said in the finale of the entire show she's wake up or they would have killed her, having the brothers grieve/ recreate the show. but that could be a 1 minute scene... They clearly know how they want this to end and it won't continue if Damon/Stefan leave.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Nina actually said she wants to come back to finish Elena's storyline, which will probably be in the series finale.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Master Fan

I think Elena will be dead in the series finale ever since JP said the ending was sad. So I assumed Elena is a ghost. And a few weeks ago JP said the ending has changed because the otherside is gone which supports the theory.

Quote:
I agree about Elena. The only thing I still like about her is her name And I was hopeful for season 7 and really enjoyed 7x01. And like you said I thought they they'd give the other characters storylines but all they did was give the heretics tons of screentime while Caroline, Bonnie and Matt look like guest stars. As for criticism if you only want to read positive stuff then that can be done in one of the many appreciation threads on This board and thread is a general one where all opinions are welcome and it would be unfair if people couldn't express their opinions freely. As long as we're respectful then I see no problem. I normally quit shows cold turkey when I lose interest. TVD happens to be the only one that I can't because I've been invested for years, moderated a board at one point and I still love some of these characters. I just think the writers have run of out storylines and that it's best they end it before it loses all it's dignity. But I think I'm close to quitting. I'm not obsessing and speculating the way I was a few months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany45 (View Post)
Hopefully they fix SC. I have been re-watching season 2, 4 and 5 and the SC relationship was so good then. How on earth could they screw it up so badly is beyond me.
Well Candice is missing 7x16 to 7x20 so screentime is going to be a big issue and the writers could just gloss over stuff easily.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-24-2016 at 02:13 PM
Old 01-24-2016, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

If they wanted Elena dead, she would have died on 6x22
Old 01-25-2016, 06:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I think Elena will be dead in the series finale ever since JP said the ending was sad. So I assumed Elena is a ghost. And a few weeks ago JP said the ending has changed because the otherside is gone which supports the theory.

I agree about Elena. The only thing I still like about her is her name And I was hopeful for season 7 and really enjoyed 7x01. And like you said I thought they they'd give the other characters storylines but all they did was give the heretics tons of screentime while Caroline, Bonnie and Matt look like guest stars. As for criticism if you only want to read positive stuff then that can be done in one of the many appreciation threads on This board and thread is a general one where all opinions are welcome and it would be unfair if people couldn't express their opinions freely. As long as we're respectful then I see no problem. I normally quit shows cold turkey when I lose interest. TVD happens to be the only one that I can't because I've been invested for years, moderated a board at one point and I still love some of these characters. I just think the writers have run of out storylines and that it's best they end it before it loses all it's dignity. But I think I'm close to quitting. I'm not obsessing and speculating the way I was a few months ago.

Well Candice is missing 7x16 to 7x20 so screentime is going to be a big issue and the writers could just gloss over stuff easily.
I think it's fine if people are speculating or discussing spoilers and unhappy with the spoilers. But this is a spoiler and speculation thread...when posts are simply to make statements about people hope the show will be cancelled with zero commentary about spoilers or speculation, and then occurring multiple times on one page, this is not constructive or making for a happy reading thread. The bottom line is this is a spoiler and speculation thread. I don't want to, as a poster, come on to read spoilers and speculations but read through 2 pages of posts about how they wish the show was cancelled. Otherwise maybe fan forum needs another forum for whinging.

Personally, I can't see how the show could end "happy", but if the ending is to kill off elena, then why not do that when she left last season and then use that as a catalyst for the brothers to go bad and need each others. I always saw this show more about the brothers in the end. Elena is now human and unable to become a vampire again. And Damon is a vampire. I imagine there will be a twist where he can't take the cure due to the time passed or Elena once awake would age suddenly or something. And I think the most heartbreaking/shock death to the audience would come from Stephen or Damon dying. I think Elena saying might be anti-climatic after a few seasons and an expected "death" at the end of this season.

My only concern is for Bonnie and Matt....for time jumps to be feasible, the humans have to age. And then I questioned Bonnie becoming a heretic... But she has to die a natural death doesn't she? What happens to Elena if Bonnie dies an unnatural death or becomes a vampire :s Either way, I'm starting to feel Matt may not last the season as he is not really so involved with the "gang" anymore.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Kevin Williamson, Julie Plec, and Caroline Dries have developed a pilot for FOX and Michael Narducci has developed a pilot for ABC. Also, the CW has 2 paranormal/fantasy pilots on their list this year and one of them is set in Nola. It really sounds like TO & TVD might be cancelled this year.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the Elena speculations.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
Kevin Williamson, Julie Plec, and Caroline Dries have developed a pilot for FOX and Michael Narducci has developed a pilot for ABC. Also, the CW has 2 paranormal/fantasy pilots on their list this year and one of them is set in Nola. It really sounds like TO & TVD might be cancelled this year.
I doubt they would cancel TO it is rare they cancel a show that close to syndicatation so they will more then likely be back for at least one more season
Old 01-26-2016, 02:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
It's not uncommon in the business and Dries and Narducci could simply pass the showrunner torch to other writers. Long story short, i still think tvd will have a short(er) last season.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think it's fine if people are speculating or discussing spoilers and unhappy with the spoilers. But this is a spoiler and speculation thread...when posts are simply to make statements about people hope the show will be cancelled with zero commentary about spoilers or speculation, and then occurring multiple times on one page, this is not constructive or making for a happy reading thread. The bottom line is this is a spoiler and speculation thread. I don't want to, as a poster, come on to read spoilers and speculations but read through 2 pages of posts about how they wish the show was cancelled. Otherwise maybe fan forum needs another forum for whinging.

Personally, I can't see how the show could end "happy", but if the ending is to kill off elena, then why not do that when she left last season and then use that as a catalyst for the brothers to go bad and need each others. I always saw this show more about the brothers in the end. Elena is now human and unable to become a vampire again. And Damon is a vampire. I imagine there will be a twist where he can't take the cure due to the time passed or Elena once awake would age suddenly or something. And I think the most heartbreaking/shock death to the audience would come from Stephen or Damon dying. I think Elena saying might be anti-climatic after a few seasons and an expected "death" at the end of this season.

My only concern is for Bonnie and Matt....for time jumps to be feasible, the humans have to age. And then I questioned Bonnie becoming a heretic... But she has to die a natural death doesn't she? What happens to Elena if Bonnie dies an unnatural death or becomes a vampire :s Either way, I'm starting to feel Matt may not last the season as he is not really so involved with the "gang" anymore.
Fair enough. It seems that nobody really wants to discuss spoilers though. At least here on The threads are so dead. I tend to speculate mostly on tumblr and twitter.

I think the reason they didn't kill Elena was because they wanted the fandom specifically the DE one to have hope and keep active. 95% of shows I watch is a result of me seeing people talking about them online so it's free marketing. So Elena's storyline is on hold until the end of the series. They didn't even have to put her in a coma. She could have left willingly and taken a break from MF. But they built DE up so much to the point where Elena leaving willingly would be OOC. I always figured Elena would become human again and end up having children. They've mentioned her having kids at least 4 or 5 times. And I think if the writers want to end this show on a cheesy note as most shows on The CW end Damon will turn human and die with her.

I doubt Zach would leave willingly so Matt's probably sticking around until the end. Maybe Elena will marry him like Klaus said

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha24 (View Post)
I doubt they would cancel TO it is rare they cancel a show that close to syndicatation so they will more then likely be back for at least one more season
They cancelled Hart of Dixie when it was just a few episodes away from syndication so I doubt they care about that. I think TVD will get at least a short season 8 though just because it's lasted this long and I doubt they'd cancel without notice.

Last edited by ElenaBelle; 01-26-2016 at 07:26 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread